New York-Long Island
Options

Reviews - Planning Stage

My fiance and I are getting married at the end of the year and we don't have all of our vendors lined up, but here are some of the ones we do have. :)

West Sayville Country Club - Steve is awesome! My FH has celiac disease and Steve has been wonderful to work with, they will be doing our entire wedding gluten free.

The Sweet Peace - Lynbrook - I can't say enough about Allison, she is just full of energy and ideas and the consult that I had with her with my fmil went wonderfully. I'm still waiting on her update about a custom cake flavor, and sketches but her business manager has emailed me and said she is still researching so I didn't feel forgotten! She totally respected what we were looking for and gave us a ton of other ideas on top!  Her bakery is allergen friendly, and nut free! She understands diabetes well, and her cupcakes, and brownies are delicious! We haven't tried her cookies yet. While not a dedicated gluten-free facility, she does her absolute best to decrease any risk of contamination. (We also met with the Bare Naked Bakery which is a dedicated Gluten-free facility and while Jaclyn was super friendly, my fmil and I wanted a more modern wedding cake than there past cakes showed they were capable of)

Fleur-de-lees Photography - Amanda-lee has been wonderful with us, and although we have not met her yet in person, she has been great to speak with and chat with on facebook. Her blog and her facebook page are constantly updated with photos of weddings that she is shooting as well as albums. Her past and future brides post all the time, also. Her shooting partner is not just an assistant, but a fellow photographer with her own business as well, Kiley from Kiley Mullen Photography; her own blog is also frequently updated. We can't wait to shoot our engagement photos and to have them present with us on our special day! Amanda also does maternity shoots, newborn shoots and others for her clients.

Bridal Suite of Bayshore -  My consultant, Maryellen is fabulous! I had tried on Maggie Sottero's Geneva at another location and fell in love but I wanted to be sure that it was the one. Maryellen put me in about 6 more dresses, but anytime I said no to a suggestion, she was not at all offended or pushy. In the end, I ordered Geneva through her, because she took the time to get to know me and my grandmother and future mother in law. Unlike other locations, they were pushy about ordering, or placing a deposit, even when they knew that I wasn't really loving anything I had put on. She made it clear that I shouldn't stress over a veil, shoes, a head piece 'today', to enjoy the fact that I found my dress and that once it comes in, we can find and match the perfect veil and headpiece (I think I want a flower :)), and that I have several months to find the perfect pair of shoes.  I had no appointment when I went in, and Maryellen didn't make me feel like I was a burden on her, she was attentive to my needs, as well as my family, and gave us the time to talk over the purchase, and got everything I needed in writing. She did not treat me poorly when I said I still needed one more night, and when I returned the next night and asked for her, she was genuininely excited that I had "found" my dress.

Other vendors we are in negotiation with include:

Piperscove in NJ for kilts

West Sayville Flowers  - Christine has been great, and we have the contract in hand ready to sign and return with our deposit. She knows her stuff, and stays in touch with you through out the way. She was happy to cut out roses for me, I can't stand them. She respected FH's desire to not have Calla Lily's either, and has created a wonderful blue, green and white color combo for us full of wonderful textures and visual aesthetics.

Re: Reviews - Planning Stage

• Options
    KILTS!!! AWESOME!!!...looks like an amazing line-up. You are in great hands with a lot of those vendors.
  • Options
    We're having our reception at WSCC too! Ours will be in September.  I coudn't agree more.....Steve is great.  Great service, great price, and a beautiful venue.  I can't wait for the reception!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards