Wedding Woes
Options

To those little girls who never dreamed about their wedding day...

I'm grateful I'm getting married. But when I was little, I always dreamed of being a ninja turtle or growing up and living on a farm. I never gave 2 craps about weddings.

Now I'm the bride having what I thought would be a "simple" wedding in 2 weeks and I'm exhausted, I just want it to be over. The budget has been super low, I wanted to keep it simple and small (75 guests tops), I kept telling myself I don't care about it being perfect. Especially because our budget for the wedding is $3500, I think we will spend about $4200 or so.

I have learned:
WEDDINGS ARE MONSTERS AND THEY WILL GET MORE AND MORE COMPLICATED AND KEEP GROWING LIKE A CANCEROUS TUMOR!!!!!!!!!

My advice to newly engaged ladies who are only excited about the fiancée, also are broke or have a tiny budget (which means you can't hire a wedding planner and pay for nice vendors to do everything for you, and therefore will have to diy everything)

Get married in front of a tree with the 30 people you actually love the most in life, and go to a beautiful dinner afterwards. Seriously. The wedding is too much stress and work. Me and my fiancee have done everything ourselves, and the task list only grows every day! I just want to survive this and be married already!! I wish we'd gotten married in a courthouse.

There, thats the end of my rant, and my only post on The Knot.com boards because I never cared about the photographers or flowers or djs or tablecloths or huppah or aisle runner or cake or chafing dishes or plates and forks or how my relatives will get from the airport and check into their hotel or whether or not it will rain or that the seamstress messed up my dress or how I'll get to my hair appointment or that my bridesmaids can't find a dress or that we can't find wedding rings in our price range or that venues are craaaazy expensive or any of it!!!!!!!

I just am excited to be a wifey. Smile

Sigh. I feel much better! the end.

Re: To those little girls who never dreamed about their wedding day...

• Options
    In Response to Re:To those little girls who never dreamed about their wedding day...:[QUOTE]I have learned:WEDDINGS ARE MONSTERS AND THEY WILL GET MORE AND MORE COMPLICATED AND KEEP GROWING LIKE A CANCEROUS TUMOR!!!!!!!!!nbsp;Sigh. I feel much better! the end. Posted by queenwonteverdie[/QUOTE]

So go start on some carboplatin and gemzar and get rescanned every 6 weeks.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Weddings aren't the issue, being broke it.
  • Options
    I hear you.  I went through the same thing, and felt like I was just throwing a big party for everyone else.  I even went through several crying jags and some depression from all the immense pressure and stress.

Hang in there.  You won't regret it, and that saying about things worth doing being hard to do is true.  My wedding was the BEST day of my life, and leading up to it you would have thought I was planning my funeral, I was so stressed out.

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options

Wedding planning can have it's pain in the ass moments, but if you're planning what you want, then it's what you have to deal with. I'm not exactly sure where you were going with the "my fiancee and I are doing everything ourselves" deal, but if your task list keeps growing maybe asking friends and family for help wouldn't be a bad idea.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards