Arizona-Phoenix
Options

wedding officiant

Has anyone been married by an officiant ordained by the Universal Life Church?  I know it's controversial, and some states have banned it.  Is it permitted in Arizona?  The statute was confusing...

Re: wedding officiant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We were married by Matt Nathanson and he is absolutely amazing! He was ordained through Universal Life Church (as it says on his website http://www.firstofficiant.com/). I didn't realize there was any controversy about it, but he definitely is allowed in AZ :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    karinehoushkarinehoush member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same exact question!  I want to get my brother ordained and am worried about the marriage being voided because the website I chose was not valid.  Have you found out any other details?  Is ULC okay in Az?
  • Options
    karinehoushkarinehoush member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked with Maricopa County Clerk of Courts.  They do recognize Universal Life Church and they said any one that is certified or ordained can perform a ceremony in the state of Arizona. 

I was concerned because my brother is going to perform the ceremony and I'd heard that in some states a family member is not allowed to preform the ceremony.  Apparently Az doesn't care! 
  • Options

Well, now most of the churches and wedding chapels use only authorized wedding ministers/ officiant. There are good options available in the form of grand rapids wedding minister/ officiant, as they are licensed from government and makes your day memorable. Thanks!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards