Rhode Island

Cake/Cupcakes

Who are you all using for your cake/cupcakes/or desserts? What I should expect for cost per slice, i know it varies but what do you think is the average cost? Thanks ladies!

Re: Cake/Cupcakes

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello~

I used Tip-C Cupcake Catering services for our cupcake tower and dessert bar. They will definitely work with you on budgets and customize the dessert menu. They also did an amazing job with the presentation for the bar. It fit our theme and the staff was there early to set up and break down the display at the end of the night.I have attached a few pictures below but you can check their FB page to view some more pics in their gallery. btw my cupcakes were infused with alcohol which made them super popular with my guests. I spent about $450 with delivery and taxes for 175 guests. I had a little bit of everything on our menu like Tiramisu Espresso Rum, French style cheesecake with assorted toppings, fruit and yogurt parfaits, mini fruit tarts, and stuffed coconut pancakes with nutella among a few other things that I can't remember. They were a hit!

• edited December 2011

I`m using Tip-C cupcakes for my favors!  They taste amazing and have been super friendly so far.  I went in there in February to get a dozen cupcakes to try, the owner sat right down and went thru options with favors for me once I mentioned why i was there.  The cost is reasonable at $3 per favor and each comes wrapped individualy in a window box with a bow :)  For my ceremony we are using wrights dairy farm.  We are getting a small cutting cake and a desert assortment and its about $350 for 125 guests.  Just be careful with some places if you set up tastings...a lot of bakeries will charge you 10-20 for a tasting fee.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jamlyn02jamlyn02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Cupcake Charlies in Newport for my wedding! I am a huge fan of their cupcakes and couldn't be more excited and happy about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used A&J Bakery in Cranston for mine. I needed a dairy-free cake/cupcakes but they also have regular ones, too. I did a variety of filled cupcakes and they were a hit. Price was $1.70 each and then we had a tall 6-inch-round cutting cake (pictured in my avatar) that I think was about $30. I've been back several times for cupcakes. Laughing
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had cupcakes also for my wedding. My venue package included that as long as it was from Scrumptions bakery. Upon hearing this I was thrilled because I often go there for a sweet snack. I however now will never reccomend or go back. They did not want to do anything I wanted. It was as if I was putting them out. I was constantly emailed about what I wanted although I thought we had already established that. True unprofessionals if you ask me. And although my package included the cupcakes they still charged me because of what I asked for.... and it was my wedding!

• JillyqJillyq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with mini cupcakes from the Duck & Bunny in Providence, if you have never been stop by for some desserts and tea. This place is just so cute and I absolutely love their banana nutella cupcakes. We ordered 200 mini cupcakes for $1 each and I believe the regular sized ones are $2. It is $10 for deliv and $30 for set up, but our venue will set them up for us so we don't have to pay the set up fee.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    jilly i couldnt agree more..duck and bunny is to die for..and yes mine and my fiances faviorte is the banana nutella with the peanut butter cup in 2nd..his bday was a few weeks ago and they made me a larger cup cake cake in the banana nutella and it was great..i will be getting cupcakes as well from them
  • edited December 2011
    Mmm, Tip-C and Duck & Bunny sound delicious...I'm super happy with who we went with (Scrumptions--they custom made a pumpkin cupcake with caramel frosting for us, which was amaaazing), but I almost wish I'd known about the other places so we could've tried them out.  Our cupcakes were $2-2.50 apiece, depending on the flavor (filling them would have been a little more expensive, too).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards