Not Engaged Yet

S/O: Underwear

Liv's question to shoes about her underwear made me curious:

Do you match your bra to your underwear every day? My sister does, and I find it fascinating.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: S/O: Underwear

• Let me state that I rarely and I mean rarely match.  Hahaha.... once in a blue moon.
  • Option 2 all the way for me.  Ha.

If my underwear ever match, it's only because I'm wearing nude underwear with the nude bra I wear almost every day.  Mmm... beige.  Hot.
  • That just seems like so much work to try and match everyday. I have a black bra, a nude one, and a whole lot of colored underwear.  So yeah, no matching for me unless it's on accident.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I love it when they match, and I often try to make them at least sort of match (pink underwear with the white bra w/ pink & green flowers for example). But when it gets to be laundry day, and that just isn't a possibility, it doesn't break my heart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I used to match them religiously in college, but now it's just kind of if it happens, cool! I wouldn't plan on it anymore.
  • Pretty much never unless it's accidental.

• Black is my favorite color when it comes to undergarments, so if I happen to match my black panties with black underwear, I am pleased/amused. Otherwise, the two bras I usually wear are beige so it doesn't matter much. How many bras must a person own for them to match with their panties? I have like 6 bras and I think that's a little overboard.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Btw, obviously the first option was supposed to say 'wouldn't be caught dead' not 'would be caught dead.' :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_so-underwear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:138648a8-400c-4163-a5e0-8991633f0651Post:be6d6250-9584-4809-9077-dfb1ed3d0a66">Re: S/O: Underwear</a>:
    [QUOTE]Option 2 all the way for me.  Ha. If my underwear ever match, it's only because I'm wearing nude underwear with the nude bra I wear almost every day.  Mmm... beige.  Hot.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Mmm... nude. Guys love nude. </div><div>
    </div><div>I rarely match because most of my bras are hand me downs and I buy my underwear at Target. I love Target underwear. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I never match unless it's intentional (for FI's "unwrapping" pleasure).  I do have lots and lots of underwear though.  I wear different underwear for work than I do for normal everyday or going out stuff.  Normal would be VS cheekies (I love those things!) and some sort of underwire bra . . . I'm doing good if I can keep them in the same color scheme but they never match.  For work I wear more of a boy short and just a cotton, no wire bra (I get them at American Apparel) for comfort. 
  • I tend to stay in the same color scheme most days.
  • I only have a few matching sets, and even then, I rarely wear them together. Once in a great while I might match and then strut around the house showing off my matchy-cute-half-dressed self to FI. It doesn't ever start a love fest, it just makes him smile.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Bf always asks why I don't match, my answer is I would have to do a lot more shopping if I wanted that to happen! Sometimes if I'm thinking about it when I get dressed I'll try to stick the same colour scheme, but in general I don't buy things that match and just wear whatever looks most comfortable that day!
  • I try to match them on Date Night. But other than that...no biggie.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I don't usually care. I do own a lot of black. H doesn't care, either, though he appreciates anything fancier than usual.

I dated one guy who gave me a hard time about things not matching. He was a bit of a jerk.

• I only have bras and roos in black or nude. So they go with everything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I match them only if I know I am going to have sexy time. Most of the time It mis matches.
  • I don't really try to match bra and underwear.  It's wierd but I match it with my outfit for the day, so if I am wearing a blue shirt I will wear blue underwear.  Wierd I know because no one but BF will ever see or notice.

Anniversary

• I never match on purpose.  It happens sometimes.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I just checked what underwear and bra I am wearing today and they do match- totally accidental. To be honest, I have NEVER intentionally matched.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Not a chance!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've only attempted to match a few times...special occasions w FI, otherwise if I end up with black panties, black bra or nude panties, nude bra...cool.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pre-kid and non-pregnant - Yes, and they usually matched what I was wearing.  I had the whole rainbow in my pre-pregnancy bra size.  It was glorious. 

Currently, I only have so many bras that fit, so that would equal a big-fat-NO.  It bothers me.  Haha. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted "Click me" simply because there was "Never" option.

Honestly, I don't have any two pieces that match. None.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_so-underwear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:138648a8-400c-4163-a5e0-8991633f0651Post:7759542c-16f3-4b60-8b90-1b7e264cec53">Re: S/O: Underwear</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted "Click me" simply because there was "Never" option. Honestly, I don't have any two pieces that match. None.
    Posted by HULU[/QUOTE]
    Same here. I have big boobs and a narrow back. I can only buy bras at specialty lingerie stores (Victoria's Secret, La Vie en Rose, and La Senza do not carry my size). My bras are usually around $100 or so and the matching panties are usually at least $20. If I'm shelling out that much for a bra, I'm not spending $20 on panties. Plus bras in my size usually aren't attractive anyways, and the matching panties aren't all that great either. I sometimes match in terms of colour, but that's it. I also prefer boyshorts for undies, and a lot of times even if I wanted the undies to match my bra because I find a pretty bra, they don't have the matching panties in boyshorts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards