Snarky Brides

AKA, or something?

You guys, I am having a really bad day. I know that I don't post much anymore, but I need some distraction besides the Steffiiiiii-bashing FFF. Plus, there's something I want to ask AATB.

Re: AKA, or something?

• ASK ME NOW, BETCH.  You know how much I love talking about myself.
    panther
  • Also why the bad day?  Who do I gotta cut?
    panther
  • Sure, you're only here for AATB Tongue out
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Want me to tell inappropriate jokes?
    June 16, 2012
  • OMG, you only come around for one thing, sluuut.

Also, how are you?
  • Aww, why are you having a bad day, awro? 
  • OKAY. So you once said that your pray yourself to sleep every night, and even though I am an atheist, I thought that was awesome. And I remember that you said it because I am a creepy mofo. And I wanted to ask you what it's like, because I don't pray (um, like I said...atheist). In fact, I tried once and couldn't do it because I felt like I didn't know who the "target" was. I don't know how to explain it. I couldn't figure out the person to whom I was praying.

Do you...feel God when you pray? I don't know if that question is offensive. I don't mean it to be offensive. I am just really curious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:e7ce41f2-bed4-4866-ac60-048c3421ff74">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>OMG, you only come around for one thing, sluuut</strong>. Also, how are you?
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Well you would think she'd be here for you, your boobs are bigger!
  • YOU GUYS. I am trying to distract myself from the bad day.
  • edited July 2012
    Hey arwo, how long have you lived in Seattle? I grew up around there (Burien, Auburn, Federal Way). I always thought I'd move back to somewhere in WA after HS or college, and just haven't made it back yet.

PS I'm sorry you're having a bad day :(
  • OH dear.  I'm doing it wrong.

Look at Nates boobage.  The stripes are very optical-illusion-inducing.
    panther
  • And also, I am going to feel really stupid if it turns out that AATB ISN'T the one that prays herself to sleep.
  • I don't have anything for particular people.

This might be related to God though. If he did in fact create us, why would he create us so that ONE SPOT on our backs that we cant get to ourselves is the spot that itches the most? That just seems cruel.

• I've lived in Seattle for since 1986. Well, except I went to college in Ohio. I love it here.

Nates: other than the unfortunate sunburn, do you have any embarrassing stories about your boobs?

• I feel awkward, lol.

Arwo, I pray, but I don't feel God. It does make me feel a sense of peace, though, much like people describe meditation.  I mean, maybe that's what God feels like, I don't know. But i don't feel a presence or an answer or anything like that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:d0c8eab8-9ac1-4e63-a3e6-49d4de852177">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]YOU GUYS. I am trying to distract myself from the bad day.
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

WE'RE TRYING TO HELP!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:43b27898-3b91-414c-bb47-f77d9bae2de1">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have anything for particular people. This might be related to God though. If he did in fact create us, why would he create us so that ONE SPOT on our backs that we cant get to ourselves is the spot that itches the most? That just seems cruel.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>My mother would say, "Well, that doesn't seem like a very intelligent design."</div>
  • I would say the exact same thing as Nates as far as praying goes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:49fc2b7f-4091-4f74-bc2d-7cfdb0bc455d">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And also, I am going to feel really stupid if it turns out that AATB ISN'T the one that prays herself to sleep.
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

Idk if she is, but I pray myself to sleep quite often.  To answer your question, yes I do feel God.  It's really hard to explain. Its not like I hear him saying words back to me a la Field of Dreams, but it's almost like he plants responses/answers in your heart.  It's a nice feeling (for the sake of being cheesy lol)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:837ba652-530a-4b89-bb76-7334b367f069">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel awkward, lol. Arwo, I pray, but I don't feel God. It does make me feel a sense of peace, though, much like people describe meditation.  I mean, maybe that's what God feels like, I don't know. But i don't feel a presence or an answer or anything like that.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, OK! See, that's interesting to me. I guess I thought that people (that are not me) had a sense of the God to whom they were praying while they prayed. Kind of like how you can feel there's someone there at the other end of a telephone. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to religion stuff, though.</div>
  • Megbo-did you ever AW any of your wedding photos other than your sig?

Arwo-whats your favorite restaurant in the Seattle area?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:7f3a4a3b-8f9d-4d50-992b-d69d449e7922">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OKAY. So you once said that your pray yourself to sleep every night, and even though I am an atheist, I thought that was awesome. And I remember that you said it because I am a creepy mofo. And I wanted to ask you what it's like, because I don't pray (um, like I said...atheist). In fact, I tried once and couldn't do it because I felt like I didn't know who the "target" was. I don't know how to explain it. I couldn't figure out the person to whom I was praying. Do you...feel God when you pray? I don't know if that question is offensive. I don't mean it to be offensive. I am just really curious.
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I don't think you're being offensive.

I think I feel God in lots of areas of my life.  I feel him in my family, in my marriage, and I attribute all I have to God.  So when I pray I just thank him for my blessings, and I ask him to watch over various people who are suffering with certain things.  I pray for knotties, I pray for my friends, I pray about things going on in the world - tonight I'll be praying for the families and everyone affected by what happened in Colorado today, for those two little girls missing in Iowa, etc.  I pray silently in my mind when I'm lying in bed before drifting off to sleep.  Haha sometimes I don't remember "signing off"  but I think God is okay with that.  I also pray for my enemies.

I don't just pray at night before sleep, a lot of times I will just say tiny prayers to myself throughout the day for various things.

Does this answer your question?   
    panther
  • Chels, whenever that happens to me, I always convince myself that's just me coming up with the answers. I'm not saying I have never experienced the presence of God, but it's rare for me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:6dd62a59-24c1-4942-b013-934ef9d2d17c">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AKA, or something? : Wow, OK! See, that's interesting to me. I guess I thought that people (that are not me) had a sense of the God to whom they were praying while they prayed. Kind of like how you can feel there's someone there at the other end of a telephone. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to religion stuff, though.
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]
    I hear you and I don't think it's dumb. I can't say that's true for everyone, but that's how it is for me.
  • Arwo- I'm not really sure if I believe in god or not. But I pray to my grandparents. I know that sounds weird and I might get some flack from people who do pray to god but that's what I do.

I like praying to them because they "know" me and it feels comfortable.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:1efcdc0b-8f69-47ac-ace9-ac9e42f26bc5">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AKA, or something? : Oh no, I don't think you're being offensive. I think I feel God in lots of areas of my life.  I feel him in my family, in my marriage, and I attribute all I have to God.  So when I pray I just thank him for my blessings, and I ask him to watch over various people who are suffering with certain things.  I pray for knotties, I pray for my friends, I pray about things going on in the world - tonight I'll be praying for the families and everyone affected by what happened in Colorado today, for those two little girls missing in Iowa, etc.  I pray silently in my mind when I'm lying in bed before drifting off to sleep.  Haha sometimes I don't remember "signing off"  but I think God is okay with that.  I also pray for my enemies. I don't just pray at night before sleep, a lot of times I will just say tiny prayers to myself throughout the day for various things. Does this answer your question?   
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I was trying to put into words how I would describe it, and this is pretty much it.  I have felt troubled by things before and prayed about it and it's made me feel better.  I have been praying about things that I wanted an answer to and have come across a sign with an 'answer' (One example: I was unsure about going out and doing something so on my way to work I was praying about it.  I passed the same church I do every single day and the sign out front said something like "When in doubt, don't do it").  I felt like it was an answer. Many people would argue that it is a huge coincidence, but I fully believe that it was a sign for me.   
    imageVacation
  • When you were a child (or whenever... I still do this), did you ever pluck a fluffy white dandelion and blow on it to make a wish?  You put all your energy, hopes, and dreams in one little breath and then send it out to float through the world. Will it take root? Who knows? But the fact that it's done is enough to soothe the heart and spirit.

And that's the same feeling I get when praying.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:12b1e0e1-291b-4d9f-9ba2-16f5e5e5f254">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Megbo-did you ever AW any of your wedding photos other than your sig? Arwo-whats your favorite restaurant in the Seattle area?
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

<div>No, I haven't got any pro pictures back yet. I thought I'd get away without AWing (how unlike me, I know) but I'm pretty sure J would be angry with me ;)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:1efcdc0b-8f69-47ac-ace9-ac9e42f26bc5">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AKA, or something? : Oh no, I don't think you're being offensive. I think I feel God in lots of areas of my life.  I feel him in my family, in my marriage, and I attribute all I have to God.  So when I pray I just thank him for my blessings, and I ask him to watch over various people who are suffering with certain things.  I pray for knotties, I pray for my friends, I pray about things going on in the world - tonight I'll be praying for the families and everyone affected by what happened in Colorado today, for those two little girls missing in Iowa, etc.  I pray silently in my mind when I'm lying in bed before drifting off to sleep.  Haha sometimes I don't remember "signing off"  but I think God is okay with that.  I also pray for my enemies. I don't just pray at night before sleep, a lot of times I will just say tiny prayers to myself throughout the day for various things. Does this answer your question?   
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes! Thank you (and everyone else) for answering. I think because religion has never been part of my life (I was raised atheist) I just don't know what it's like.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aka-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6ed4d043-0524-4d1e-8342-e85f7dabd86cPost:ddd92a78-9bfc-44c6-a558-bfee2e270f5c">Re: AKA, or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AKA, or something? : I was trying to put into words how I would describe it, and this is pretty much it.  I have felt troubled by things before and prayed about it and it's made me feel better.  I have been praying about things that I wanted an answer to and have come across a sign with an 'answer' (One example: I was unsure about going out and doing something so on my way to work I was praying about it.  I passed the same church I do every single day and the sign out front said something like "When in doubt, don't do it").  I felt like it was an answer. Many people would argue that it is a huge coincidence, but I fully believe that it was a sign for me.   
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Yep exactly.

One kinda dumb example I have, when Ben and I were in marriage counseling we were also looking for a place to rent.  We were always disagreeing on the price, location, certain amenities, etc - and needed to find a place that balanced out our needs.  Our pastor told us to pray about it, and literally, the next day after we prayed about it, we found the perfect place.

It might not be the BEST example, but it felt pretty good, lol.  And it would really be awesome if we could get an answer on Ben's employment front.  But we just keep praying and wait :)

Anna.  I totally did the dandelion thing... and still might do that once in a while.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards