Texas-San Antonio

Congrats And Welcome!

Welcome to the San Antonio board. Introduce or reintroduce yourself here! We'd love to know more about you and your wedding! If you need anything, feel free to PM (private message) or Page me (by starting a new post with my name as the title)

Again, welcome and congrats!

Re: Congrats And Welcome!

• edited December 2011
    Hey there!  I'll be getting married next year in March with an outside ceremony and reception.  We've booked the venue and now it's time to start searching for my dress - yay!  We just got engaged in February and we still have some time to go so for right now, we're taking it a little easy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! That's SUPER exciting!

Where is your venue at?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm Nikki and we are having a destination wedding on a cruise out of Galveston next year. We took engagement pictures last weekend and I can't wait to get them back so we can send out our invitations. My dress should be coming in today and I am ready to put it back on! Thats where we are in the planning process.

What about you miss stacie?
  • edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome!

Well, we got engaged in February of this year and originally wanted a destination wedidng, but I didn't feel comfortable asking people to travel to Vegas (especially since on of my BM/FSIL just had a baby). So we're having our shindig on July 23rd of this year in Schertz :)

Oh, and we're celebrating one year together next Saturday (the 23rd! Can ya tell I like the number 23? :) )

• edited December 2011
    :) 23 sounds like a great number for you! It seems like February is the engagement month. We got engaged in February also (two days after V-day to be exact).

At first I wasn't too crazy about the idea of having a destination wedding, but the more I thought about it, the more well suited it was for us. We are having the wedding on the boat right before it sets sail out of Galveston, so the people who really can't go on the cruise, but want to come to the wedding can.
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in 17 day!  May 7. He proposed last May 7 knowing that this was going to be our wedding day.

We started dating at my twin sister's rehearsal dinner Nov 7, 2008, so May 7 will be exactly 2.5 years for us.  He was the best man and I was the maid of honor.  We had seen each other but never really talked.  We didn't like each other before we sat across from each other and started talking at that dinner.

We will be married at Sunset Station.  We love the venue and are excited.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_congrats-welcome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:103Discussion:cd42057e-e841-4bae-bb6a-c696a78b225aPost:52c84189-5e1e-46a8-b074-8d4603976002">Re: Congrats And Welcome!</a>:
    [QUOTE]:)  We are having the wedding on the boat right before it sets sail out of Galveston, so the people who really can't go on the cruise, but want to come to the wedding can.
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This is exactly what my FSIL was describing as her ideal wedding.  She's not even dating anyone, but she said this is how she will get married.  -  Actually, she was more planning on standing on the dock, getting pronounced and waving from the bridge.  Quick, short, no reception.   I really hope she wants a small wedding since I can't imagine the 60+ family members we had to invite from their side would be happy with this plan. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE sunset station! z'omg its so pretty and amazing and CONGRATS! Your day is coming SO SOON! (sadly, I'll be taking a final that day :( ) GOOD LUCK and welcome!
    edited December 2011
    I'll be sure to post pictures.  I'm so excited.
  • edited December 2011
    Please do! We love reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! My name's Candice and I'm new to the boards! My fiance, Dustin, and I are getting married in November and we can't wait! We pretty much have all the big stuff done and we're just trying to get the catering situatuion figured out; the center of our family home is the kitchen not the living room so we're a little picky :-P The wedding/reception will be at  The Marquardt Ranch in Boerne which is absolutely beautiful!! Our invitations are being done by You've Got Paper! Allison is so sweet and really worked with us on helping us find exactly what we wanted and keeping the costs down. Flowers will be by Botanika, Melissa is amazing! Those are all my recs for right now so once the catering is set we can just focus on the countdown!
    Mrs. Vail 11.11.11
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, my name is Mary.  I'm planning an SA wedding from Hawaii where I live.  The man and I both have plenty of family in and around SA, no one is really left where we both group up (not SA), and Hawaii is too expensive.  So SA it is.  Weird to be getting married in a place I've never lived and isn't a typical destination wedding place (though I live in one!)  We wanted to keep costs down for guests.  Hawaii would've limited attendance.

My ring is on order (any day now) so whlie I'm not technically engaged, it's a done deal.  We're booked at the Little Church for ceremony and Crystal Room at Old San Francisco Steakhouse for Feb 18 2012.  3 day weekend should be conducive to OOT guest attendance which many will be.

I'm in the process of selecting a photography and DJ at this point, and then going to lay off booking for awhile.  We're looking at Elan Imaging and Cutting Edge Entertainment.  Move onto cake and florist later.  

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a dress though b/c it takes 5-6 months to get them in Hawaii!  I'm wearing Paloma Blanca 3953.  

Look forward to sharing planning with you all!  IF anyone has any expeirnece with any of these venues or vendors, would love to know!  Hard to plan when I can't meet face to face for initial selection (though I've been into Crystal Room before).

Mary
  • edited December 2011
    I just got engaged on Saturday!  I'm so excited and I can't wait to start planning our wedding.  We are probably getting married in October of 2012.  Right now Im just soaking up the awesomeness. Not actually sure when and where to start.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh Becky! Congrats! That sounds SO amazing! How did he do it? Were you super suprised? Were you expecting anything like that? 

If you're thinking of an October 2012 wedding, check out the October 2012 boards to the left :) I'm sure those ladies will LOVE to help, as would we :) again, CONGRATS and Welcome!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_congrats-welcome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:103Discussion:cd42057e-e841-4bae-bb6a-c696a78b225aPost:6eb2cefb-35a1-4d81-b22d-4d08cabd50a4">Re: Congrats And Welcome!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! My name's Candice and I'm new to the boards! My fiance, Dustin, and I are getting married in November and we can't wait! We pretty much have all the big stuff done and we're just trying to get the catering situatuion figured out; the center of our family home is the kitchen not the living room so we're a little picky :-P The wedding/reception will be at  The Marquardt Ranch in Boerne which is absolutely beautiful!! Our invitations are being done by You've Got Paper! Allison is so sweet and really worked with us on helping us find exactly what we wanted and keeping the costs down. Flowers will be by Botanika, Melissa is amazing! Those are all my recs for right now so once the catering is set we can just focus on the countdown!
    Posted by mrsvail2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Candice, I know how that goes! My mom grew up Italian and did nothing but cook cook cook! i Love to bake and cook so its going to be SO hard to find a caterer! </div><div>
    </div><div>But good on you for getting all the huge stuff done ahead of time!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_congrats-welcome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:103Discussion:cd42057e-e841-4bae-bb6a-c696a78b225aPost:760107eb-696b-4cbf-88bb-669540a60850">Re: Congrats And Welcome!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, my name is Mary.  I'm planning an SA wedding from Hawaii where I live.  The man and I both have plenty of family in and around SA, no one is really left where we both group up (not SA), and Hawaii is too expensive.  So SA it is.  Weird to be getting married in a place I've never lived and isn't a typical destination wedding place (though I live in one!)  We wanted to keep costs down for guests.  Hawaii would've limited attendance. My ring is on order (any day now) so whlie I'm not technically engaged, it's a done deal.  We're booked at the Little Church for ceremony and Crystal Room at Old San Francisco Steakhouse for Feb 18 2012.  3 day weekend should be conducive to OOT guest attendance which many will be. I'm in the process of selecting a photography and DJ at this point, and then going to lay off booking for awhile.  We're looking at Elan Imaging and Cutting Edge Entertainment.  Move onto cake and florist later.   I finally pulled the trigger and bought a dress though b/c it takes 5-6 months to get them in Hawaii!  I'm wearing Paloma Blanca 3953.   Look forward to sharing planning with you all!  IF anyone has any expeirnece with any of these venues or vendors, would love to know!  Hard to plan when I can't meet face to face for initial selection (though I've been into Crystal Room before). Mary
    Posted by maery1[/QUOTE]

<div>Welcome and congrats! I've never been to Hawaii, but I'm sure its beautiful. San Antonio is an amazing city full of old Spanish colonial charm with more modern amenities thrown into the mix. I'm sure you'll love it here.</div><div>
    </div><div>I've eaten at the San Francisco Steak house before. The atmosphere is amazing and the food was magnificient. I hope you have a similar experience.</div><div>
    </div><div>Congrats and good luck! </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I was just engaged to my fiance Jack this week. I'm very eager to make friends with others planning San Antonio area weddings. (btw we live in College Station but are marrying in Bandera). Hope to make new friends to chitty chat weddings with!

^-^
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_congrats-welcome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:cd42057e-e841-4bae-bb6a-c696a78b225aPost:bacc4e24-8b35-4f85-8804-28dd2de1e6b0">Re: Congrats And Welcome!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I was just engaged to my fiance Jack this week. I'm very eager to make friends with others planning San Antonio area weddings. (btw we live in College Station but are marrying in Bandera). Hope to make new friends to chitty chat weddings with! ^-^
    Posted by Lilikoi7[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Knot AND CONGRATS! Getting engaged is so much fun and you'll find SO much on these boards that will help ya out :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Stacie!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Very welcome :) You'll find these boards are all helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!

My name is Amy, I just recently got engaged on November 8th. I am new to the boards and am looking to get some good ideas to start planning both Alex and my wedding. We are hoping for a date around Fall 2013. :) Love to hear some more ideas from you ladies!
  • Hi everyone!

My name is Griselda. My fiance, Ruben, proposed to me last year on Valentine's Day, which neither one of us remembered what day it was until the next day. I'm from Brownsville and I'm having my ceremony in South Padre Island and reception in Port Isabel. I have been part of the knot since about April of last year but planning has gone very slowly because of everything else we have to balance. I am looking forward to getting ideas from other brides-to-be. I hope all of you have a beautiful wedding and that your planning is fun and full of adventure.

• <div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;">Hey yall! My name is Lauren and I got engaged to Nathan over the Christmas break! Planning went super fast this last month as I had to come back to school and will have to be put it on pause. However, we did get a lot done! we set the date for June, 8th 2013 and are having the ceremony at San Fernando Cathedral and the reception at the Pearl Stables! I look forward to making some new friends and picking up some awesome wedding ideas, as well as distracting myself from studying on occassion :)<div>
    </div><div><strong>By the way, </strong></div></div></div><div>In Response:</div>[QUOTE]Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I was just engaged to my fiance Jack this week. I'm very eager to make friends with others planning San Antonio area weddings. (btw we live in College Station but are marrying in Bandera). Hope to make new friends to chitty chat weddings with! ^-^
    Posted by Lilikoi7[/QUOTE]
    <strong>Are yall at A&M? if so, I am too!!!</strong>
  • hey everyone and congratulations to everyone else planning their wedding too!

My name is Tamez and I'm getting married to Frankie on June 16th
    !
    I'm super excited. The planning is slouching along. I feel busy but there is SO MUCH
    to do I feel behind.   EmbarassedWink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are too many, don't know where to start.
  • Howdy! My name is Amy-Marie and I'm engaged to my best friend Marcus! We got engaged November 26th 2012 and have set our wedding date for December 29th 2012! I've always dreamed of a Winter Wedding and I'm over the moon that my dream is coming true. We've selected La Fontana Spring Event Center for the ceremony and reception; the place is heavenly and we are praying the weather will be nice enough to have the wedding outside. My cake is from The Cheesecake Bakery off of 1604 and 281 and to date that experience has been #1 for both my fiancee and myself! I wish I could do my cake tasting again - omg if you haven't been there, stop what you're doing and go have a piece! I guess I better stop while I'm ahead or I might list all of my wedding details in this post! Kiss
  • Before the wedding,I start searching for my dress!
  • Hello all!

Coming up on our one year engagement anniversary May 16 (my birthday!)  Time to get planning. We're aiming for a Sunday wedding (Cheaper prices, ninth of November just looks and sounds prettier - I know, petty.) on 11/9/2014

Rehearsal dinner options: Pearl Studio, Emily Morgan/Gunter hotels, Najim Campus Center at Providence High School, Old SanFran Steakhouse
    Having a Catholic wedding, after he finishes his classes: so in our church options we're considering Our Lady of the Lake Chapel or San Fernando Cathedral.
    Reception venues I like: UTSA's UC ballroom, Sunset Station,
    He likes: Granberry Hills

Any personal specific negative or awesome experiences you wouldn't mind sharing (aside from the reviews already posted) with any of those places , please PM me it would be greatly appreciated! Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards