Illinois-Chicago

a little MIA and an announcement

I was out in Texas this past week visiting family and then my brother's wedding was on Sunday.  It was quite interesting, to say the least!  The weather was a stifling 95 degrees and it was outdoors on the lake, but it was at sunset and quite beautiful.  My mom was a stressed out mess the entire weekend, my grandma collapsed the morning of the wedding and was rushed to the ICU (so she missed the wedding, but she's doing much better now but is still hospitalized), the cake was wonderful, the music was terrible and kept skipping while the bridal party walked down the aisle and the brides aisle walk (i felt so bad for her).  I heard the bridesmaids were fighting with the bride the night before and the morning of the wedding , the groomsmen were drunk most of the wedding day before the wedding started, and lots of more drama that ill spare you details on... but I think the wedding overall was nice and my brother and sis-in-law enjoyed themselves.

In other news, I will be stepping down as moderator for this board.  I called off my wedding about a month or two ago and while it was tough decision, it was the best one and im feeling much better about my decision now.  If you are interested in moderating, please send me a PM.   I wish you all well and nothing but happiness :)

Re: a little MIA and an announcement

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  I'm SO sorry!!  I'm sure it was a hard decision but if you had doubts, then it seems like you did the right thing.  Best of luck in future endeavors!
  • edited December 2011

LIB, go here if you need support: www.theregoesthebride.com
    Great board.
    Wishing you much happiness in your future!

• edited December 2011
    LIB

I am so sorry to hear about your change in plans, however, I know you made the best decision in your heart.  I know it is not an easy thing to do, as I too had called off my wedding before with my ex.

Many Blessings to you in your future endeavors and may you continue to be happy and do what is best for you.

P.S I will be praying all goes well for your grandmothers recovery.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh LIB - I'm sorry to hear about this! Kudos though, for making a tough decision when you know it is right. Let us know if you need anything. 
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear your grandmother is okay! I know you made the right decision for you, and I'm ready for margaritas when you are! :) Thank you for everything while being a fantastic mod--advice, suggestions, etc :)
  • edited December 2011
    So Sorry to hear that!  I have only been around TK for a short time but you have been so helpful and The Chicago Married Bios page was such a great idea! 

I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason - Good luck with everything!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LIB--we all heart you and are her for you whenever you need a friend!
    I'm glad the weather was at least nice in TX!

and ditto Aimers on the margarita's!!
  • kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was trying to PM you but it isn't going through.

As we have all stated, if you need a shoulder or a margarita, we are all here for you!
  • edited December 2011
    I heart you gals :)  I tell ya, i'm in a much better state of mind right now than I have been in the past several months.  A fresh start is never a bad thing :)  Thanks for the support!    For those who pm'd me, ill respond back when I get to a computer, stupid iphone won't let me respond to pm's.

Aim & B -- let's hookup that margarita date!  Fbook it!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I want in on margaritas!!  I'd try to PM you, but my account is messed up!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • edited December 2011

LIB - Yep, tried to PM you, didn't work. 

I agree wholeheartedly with the PP's.  Thank goodness y our grandma is ok!  If you called it off, you probably had good reason, and I proud of you for listening to your head & heart and making the best decision for yourself! I wish you nothing but the best of luck in the future - wherever that may take you!

Margaritas!!

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • edited December 2011
    LIB - glad to hear that your grandmother is doing better.  Ditto to all the PPs...what you did had to have been an incredibly difficult decision and I'm proud of you for doing what you needed to do.   

I want in on the margs as well! 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs. I am also a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and if it puts you in a better place ion life then you did the right thing. I feel like you ladies are my friends. I think I have chated with you all more than anyone else in my planning time. So agreed that if you ever need anyone to turn to, the ladies on this board will always be here for you.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_little-mia-announcement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:d25ef410-8b8a-4a1d-94ea-b1397ed1a930Post:3b94e585-4575-4b43-8826-d88abe78f83b">Re: a little MIA and an announcement</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the PPs. I am also a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and if it puts you in a better place ion life then you did the right thing. <strong>I feel like you ladies are my friends. I think I have chated with you all more than anyone else in my planning time</strong>. So agreed that if you ever need anyone to turn to, the ladies on this board will always be here for you.
    Posted by lkeefner[/QUOTE]

Aww, so sweet :)

Aint that the truth! My friends IRL would probably be so sick of me with all the wedding talk I did on TK!
  • edited December 2011
    Just as the PP's said, we are all so glad your grandmother is doing okay. You are always welcome back on the boards whatever your plans are in the future!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_little-mia-announcement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:d25ef410-8b8a-4a1d-94ea-b1397ed1a930Post:0f3c6b56-6a23-4744-944e-c24e8dec9578">Re: a little MIA and an announcement</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a little MIA and an announcement : Aww, so sweet :) Aint that the truth! My friends IRL would probably be so sick of me with all the wedding talk I did on TK!
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

So true! Aimers, like your new siggy pic!

LIB- I always wanted to add that you have been a great mod on this board! And I'm very glad your gma is doing well.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_little-mia-announcement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:d25ef410-8b8a-4a1d-94ea-b1397ed1a930Post:81ce992a-880d-4ecb-bd56-0d135249d9d0">Re: a little MIA and an announcement</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a little MIA and an announcement : So true! Aimers, like your new siggy pic! LIB- I always wanted to add that you have been a great mod on this board! And I'm very glad your gma is doing well.
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]
    thanks lady!
  • edited December 2011
    hey LIB,
    i'm a newbie so i hope this doesn't sound weird since i don't know you personally at all!  but, your posts/answers have always been full of really good advice and you've probably helped a lot more girls than you realize.  i know i've learned a lot in the past few months, i go back and read my original posts and i was SO clueless.  (i'm still clueless but i'm learning!)

also again i don't know you but i think you must be a very brave person to do what you know is the right thing for you and your future.  it must have been very hard to think of it, much less take the action.  it sounds like you have a great support system and that they're all very proud of you.  i'm sure you have great adventures and lots of happiness in store!

best to you!

• TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LIB,

Ditto what everyone else has said.  You have been a fantastic moderator, friend, and advice-giver throughout the time I've been on this board.  Best of luck in everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LIB,

Thank you for being such a wonderful mod.

And I've also called off a wedding in the past - 3 months before the day - so I get the number of emotions that go along with it. Best decision I ever made & I know that deep down you know this is the best for you.

Best of everything in your new journey!
  • edited December 2011
    LIB- thank you for everything you have done for this board. Your help and advice is so helpful!! I am glad to hear your grandma is doing better and I hope she gets out of the hospital really soon.

Good for you for making a what i am sure was a tough decsion. I wish you all the best in your future.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards