Canada-Alberta

Bridesmaid/Flower Girl and Ring Barer Gift Ideas

I am in search of gift ideas for my bridesmaids (there will be 5 of them), for my 3 flower girls and 1 ring barer.  How much do people spend per person?  I am paying for the dresses of the bridesmaids and flower girls, should that be their gift?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also, where have you gone to purchase gifts for your attendants?

Re: Bridesmaid/Flower Girl and Ring Barer Gift Ideas

• meaghan333meaghan333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there is an actual rule about how much you have to spend, and if you're already got them their dresses that is very generous!  I've seen anything from $25 to hundreds spent in the weddings that I've been part of.

For my attendants, I hit up the Coach Outlet store, and got them Victoria Secret Gift Cards.  But, I didn't pay for their dresses. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing.  I think I am set on getting them the jewlry that I would like them to wear on my wedding day as their gifts.  My mom said traditionally that is what Brides did, bought their bm earrings and necklace and then they wore them the day of the wedding.l
  • edited December 2011
    A "good" bride doesn't get a gift that is to be used in the wedding. Most BM dresses can't actually be worn again (except black cocktail dresses), usually bridal jewellery is not the taste of all bridesmaids. Get them something personal that is not wedding specific. The point of the gift is to thank them, not give them a "souvenir" from your day
  • edited April 2012
    I just ordered personalized hangers for my girls. I will be getting them something else closer to the date but I was so excited when I found these hangers on Etsy.
    Here's a link.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/79930135/personalized-custom-bridal-hanger-brides

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards