Christian Weddings

$8,000 surgery :[

I have been in glasses since I was 4 years old. They've tried everything to correct my vision, but I am legally blind in one eye and have too much astigmatism for Lasik. But there's a surgery for me! I'm a perfect candidate for the same surgery that they use for cataracts patients, but because it's a corrective vision surgery and not cataracts, insurance won't pay for it. It's $4,000 for each eye, and I'd have to have it done in Minnessota, I live in Michigan. The second my MOH heard she jumped right on the idea of fundraisers so we're going to try everything to raise enough money! I'd give anything to be able to see for the first time in my life! PRAYERS ARE VERY APPRECIATED!

Re: $8,000 surgery :[

• edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm just in awe of your courage to get this surgery.  Will keep you in my prayers. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • kelseydjameskelseydjames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much :] I'm terrified to have this surgery, but I've had so many additional health problems because of my sight, that I'm ready to do anything!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I can't even imagine what its like to have something like that in your grasp after dealing with your eyesight your entire life...that is very exciting!!! I am praying that you can get the money for it! Have you thought about getting a local business to sponsor you? I know some places do that...um, write to Oprah or Ellen Degeneres? Haha, j/k. I've contemplated doing that sometimes but I'm not sure how I'd feel taking money from Oprah given her pretty crazy worldview...! But God will provide if this is the avenue for you :)
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! What an awesome opportunity! I said a prayer for you. I hope that you will be able to raise the money. Let us know what happens. 
  • kelseydjameskelseydjames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! I will definitely keep you updated.

I don't know of any buisnesses that sponsor people..
  • edited December 2011
    You are in my prayers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• MrsTucker2011MrsTucker2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting that they've found something that will bring your vision back! I know it's scary though. I'll be praying for you. :)
    Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards