Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Unique/Modern songs options for Groom/Mother dance?

They've both requested I come up with a list of options they can choose from but I can't find anything that jumps out at me.  I know they don't want to do one of the classics that has been done a billion times.  FI suggested a Hootie & the Blowfish song (a band we all enjoy) but even narrowing those down to danceable songs is difficult... any help is appreciated.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Unique/Modern songs options for Groom/Mother dance?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ....I do not know if Country music works, but "It's your Song"  by Garth Brooks is what my Finace and his mom will dance to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, they want you to come up with the list of songs? My MIL chose her song. I wanted it to be a special dance between mother and son and I thought that it was best for her to choose it. You could help her brainstorm, but I would really encourage her to choose one that holds meaning for her. I don't think I would want to pick it out and be the final decision on it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh  no, I'm not choosing for them, they just wanted some options and didn't like the usual stuff so I told them I'd help come up with some options to get them started... thanks for the help ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know my H and his Mom danced to 2 John Denver songs. His Mom is a huge JD fan. I can't remember the name of them...sorry.
  • Options
    AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Little wonders - Rob Thomas (was in the Meet the Robinsons movie too)
    Beautiful Day - U2
    God Only Knows – Beach Boys
    What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
    I Wish You Love - Natalie Cole
    Simple Man - Lynard Skynard
    I Turn To You - Christina Aquilera
    The Wonder of You - Elvis Presley
    You Are Loved - Josh Groban
    Mama Told Me (Not to come) - lol kidding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards