Kentucky

Inexpensive reception venue in Lexington area

Hi! I'm a first-time poster, so please excuse me if I'm not going about this the right way, lol.

We are on a super tight budget and are trying to find a venue in or around the Lexington area to have our wedding and reception. We don't want a caterer (my bff's husband is a chef, and is doing our food as our wedding present, yay!), and want to bring our own alcohol. I am seriously open to ANYWHERE at this point, lol. The wedding is going to be fairly small, 100 or less people. Any help and/or advice would be most welcome. Thanks ladies!

Re: Inexpensive reception venue in Lexington area

• edited December 2011
    This isn't quite in Lexington, but we're getting married at Buffalo Trace Bourbon Distillery.  It's 1000 for a Saturday, but I knew someone who got married there on a Thursday and it was half that.  You can do your own food and booze which keeps costs down, too.  I'm not sure when your wedding date is, but they book up extremely fast.  I'm not sure in Lexington where you can do your own food and caterer.  Most of the popular venues furnish both and are quite pricey.  The Bull golf course in Richmond/Clays Ferry could be an option outside of Lexington, but still relatively close. 

HTH
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Buffalo Trace, and it was perfect!

I would look at the Bell House and Tate's Creek Ballroom as other options for venue.  Both aren't too expensive and are smaller.  You can find rental info through Fayette County Parks and Rec.
  • edited January 2012
    I've been looking for a place that will allow outside catering and alcohol too.
    Rabbit Creek Inn in Versailles definitely does.  I think the Thoroughbred Center in Lexington allows outside catering.  I went to a friend's wedding at Buffalo Trace and it was beautiful and like others mentioned, they allow outside catering and alcohol.
  • You may try Cardome Center in Georgetown. Really pretty area...just not sure about the alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards