Not Engaged Yet

Introduction Post.

Hi everyone.  My name is Angelica and I am 24 years old.  I have been with my BF for 7 years (it will actually be 8 years on 8/11).  We have been discussing marriage for a long time, but decided to wait until we finished college.  I just graduated in May and he will graduate in December.  A few months ago, we went ring shopping and I picked one out that I absolutely love.  It is currently on layaway and being paid off right now.  The thought of it makes me so happy and I cannot wait for us to be engaged so we can start planning the rest of our lives.  We know the general month range that we would like to get married, but nothing is set in stone considering that our engagement is not quite official.  
I've just been poking around on the website for awhile because it's always fun to connect with others in similar situations... and those who've been through it all and can give advice!  None of my RL friends can relate since most are either married with kids on the way, or are single.  Can't wait to chat with some of you! 

Re: Introduction Post.

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    Hi angelica! Welcome. It seems like you have a good outlook. Hopefully, you're enjoying your relationship where it is right now. Many ladies here have been waiting for the ring and sometimes it takes longer than we'd like, so living for today is always a good idea. Tell us a little about what you do. What is your favorite movie, wine, and nail polish color? I'm Tiger, married 4 months, one adorable puppy, and I do triathlons. i figure it's only fair to share something about myself
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:49d21ace-3073-4f08-8da3-4bfcddee6c64">Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone.  My name is Angelica and I am 24 years old.  I have been with my BF for 7 years (it will actually be 8 years on 8/11).  We have been discussing marriage for a long time, but decided to wait until we finished college.  I just graduated in May and he will graduate in December.  A few months ago, we went ring shopping and I picked one out that I absolutely love.  It is currently on layaway and being paid off right now.  The thought of it makes me so happy and I cannot wait for us to be engaged so we can start planning the rest of our lives.  We know the general month range that we would like to get married, but nothing is set in stone considering that our engagement is not quite official.   I've just been poking around on the website for awhile because it's always fun to connect with others in similar situations... and those who've been through it all and can give advice!  None of my RL friends can relate since most are either married with kids on the way, or are single.  Can't wait to chat with some of you! 
    Posted by angelicafarrar[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-yooouu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f434415-b89f-41e2-8c60-50999902630dPost:60abd97c-cc51-4933-9f5c-c7ccf9e95798">Re: Getting to know yooouu.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screen Name: angelicafarrar Age: 24 Significant Other's Age: 25 What You Do: Just graduated college with a BA in English.   I am now working as a Technical Writer. What SO Does: Finishing BA in CRJ (Dec. 2012) State of Relationship: Living together.  Soon to be engaged. How Long You've Been Together: Since August 11, 2004 How You Met: Through a friend in High School Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): <strong>Tentatively August 10, 2013 </strong>Real Babies: N/A Fur Babies: 2 cats- Awesomo and Nijel!  Loves: Coffee, Disneyland and reading. Hates: Humidity and folding laundry. Pet Peeves:  Unmade beds. Hobbies/Activities: Reading, YouTube, blogging. Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sarcastic, blue/green eyes, just generally awesome. Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Plays too many video games (although I enjoy playing some , sometimes.) Describe Your Personality: Picky, planner, outgoing. Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'm new, so on the low side for now! I've Been On TK Since: May 2012 I believe. How You Came to Be On TK: We picked a ring out in May and put in on layaway. <strong> This made me want to start looking for some inspiration! </strong>How I like my potatoes: Mmm... mashed! Favorite book/author: Philippa Gregory. Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have the work "Cupcake" tattooed on my shoulder because it was the nickname given to me by my grandfather.

I know you said nothing is set in stone and this is your "tentative" date, but please don't put too much effort and/or time into looking for "inspiration" until you're engaged.  You really can't have a date without a venue, and need a budget before you can pick a venue.  I know it's exciting and you want to look at wedding things, but put that energy somewhere else for right now (a new hobby, enjoying time with your BF, etc.).  It's a slippery slope before you're full blown planning and not even engaged yet. 

Hang around, we will help keep you sane while you're in this phase and later during wedding planning.

My H and I were together for 7.5 years before we got engaged.  We've been married for about 2 months now and have 2 furgirls (Millie and Pippy).

Do you like wine?  What's your favorite?
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Hiya and welcome! Tell us more about yourself.
    Do you have a favorite movie?
    Favorite desert.

I'm also NEY, BF & I have been together almost 3 yrs now, and we're moving in together soon.

Anniversary

• Hi Angelica, welcome to the boards! I'm LTG. I too am 24 and have been with my FI for just over 5 years now and have been engaged since March 2012. I agree with Tiger, it seems like you have a good outlook, and I second what SKP has to say as well. Both these women are very wise!

How long have you and BF been living together? Do you have pictures of your furbabies?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    Thank you for the warm welcome!  
    Hmm... okay. 
    So my favorites are:

Movie- Forrest Gump

Wine- I generally love different types of Brunello.  BUT, I am "allergic" to most alcohol drinks (I'm part Asian and apparently some are missing an enzyme that breaks down the alcohol.  Basically, I get red and break out in hives depending on the drink.  It's awful!)

Nail Polish- I have been in love with gel maniucres recently.  Anyone else?  I like different shades of pink with an accent nail (ring finger in a different color or layer of glitter) to make things a little more fun!

Novel: I recently read Gone With the Wind... such a good book!  I'm a huge fan of Philippa Gregory as well.  Books are like drugs to me!
    I also love blogging and making YouTube videos.  With my new job, it's hard to find time for those things.  I'm hoping to get back into it again.

I've been living with my BF a little over 6 years.  Right now we are living with his father and two sisters because we are saving up for a house.  It's rough not having our own space, but it will be worth it in the long run.

Planning a wedding seems scary to me for some reason, so I am definitely embracing the present right now.  My BF and I are going to Disneyland for our anniversary next month and we are so excited (it's become our "place" over the past few years).  Does anyone else think that Disneyland is so much better as an adult? 
    Here's a pic of us at Disneyland in Feb. 2012

Oh and here is a photo of our cats, Nijel and Awesomo.  They're definitely our little baby boys! :)

• Welcome! Your cat's name is Awesomo?!?! That is kind of hilarious. I've been dying to try those gel manicures, but I haven't been able to get to the nail salon in forever! Do they really last for weeks? Well, That's all I got. Again, welcome. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:bca9051a-c561-4306-9db0-334ef35830b2">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Your cat's name is Awesomo?!?! That is kind of hilarious. I've been dying to try those gel manicures, but I haven't been able to get to the nail salon in forever! Do they really last for weeks? Well, That's all I got. Again, welcome. 
    Posted by DanieKA[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, his name is Awesomo!  :)  And the gel manicure definitely lasts for weeks.  The salons usually say two weeks, but mine go past three and I only re-do them because my nails get too long.  If you do end up trying it out, make sure you put sunscreen on the tops of your hands because the UV light is harsh.  Definitely a downside.</div>
  • Disneyland gets better everytime I go! The more you go the more you can cut out the things you've done and don't need to do again, and you can craft the perfect trip. Last time I was there it was the most perfect Disneyland trip ever EXCEPT that I didn't get to meet Buzz Lightyear :)

I also majored in English! I took a writing track within the degree at my school. Were you focused on Lit or Composition?

I've never heard of anyone being allergic to alcohol. That's really interesting. My sister is allergic to red wine though; it makes her lips break out in a rash! I'm glad I didn't inherit that gene.

What does your ring look like?
    Wht is your favorite BBC miniseries adaptation of a novel?
  • Welcome, Angelica! I also love gel manicures. I've been doing them at home for about 10 months now. I love the glitter colors.

Also your kitties are adorable!
  • melizabethpmelizabethp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the board!

I echo transatlanticpigeon's excitement about your English degree, as I also have one! I concentrated on journalism/professional writing (and went on to get a master's degree in journalism) -- what was your area?

Also, I've definitely heard of the alcohol allergy among some Asian people. I had a sorority sister who was half Filipina & reacted horribly to most alcohol. It's not that unusual, but it is really unpleasant! :(

I'm usually called Mel, 27, NEY, been with SO for a little over 3 years (mostly long-distance but in the same place for the summer), work in marketing.

Do you travel much? Where is your favorite place?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:f36b6b99-0f4d-4b1c-9a10-60feda0c41e4">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Disneyland gets better everytime I go! The more you go the more you can cut out the things you've done and don't need to do again, and you can craft the perfect trip. Last time I was there it was the most perfect Disneyland trip ever EXCEPT that I didn't get to meet Buzz Lightyear :) I also majored in English! I took a writing track within the degree at my school. Were you focused on Lit or Composition? I've never heard of anyone being allergic to alcohol. That's really interesting. My sister is allergic to red wine though; it makes her lips break out in a rash! I'm glad I didn't inherit that gene. What does your ring look like? Wht is your favorite BBC miniseries adaptation of a novel?
    Posted by transatlanticpigeon[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree that Disneyland gets better each time.  I'm excited to see Cars Land and eat at the new restaurants. </div><div>
    </div><div>I focused on Lit.  Oddly enough, I am currently a technical writer which is cut and dry.  Not very fun, but it will work for now.  I have yet to watch any BBC novel adaptations, but would like to.  Do you have any suggestions?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:f50e4289-e7c2-44ca-9389-7a727b6fc273">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome, Angelica! I also love gel manicures. I've been doing them at home for about 10 months now. I love the glitter colors. Also your kitties are adorable!
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

<div>Gel mani's at home?!?  Was the system expensive to buy?  Maybe that's something I'll look into since the salon's charge an arm and a leg.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:a097132c-3329-4afd-a044-4ad5eec22c09">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the board! I echo transatlanticpigeon's excitement about your English degree, as I also have one! I concentrated on journalism/professional writing (and went on to get a master's degree in journalism) -- what was your area? Also, I've definitely heard of the alcohol allergy among some Asian people. I had a sorority sister who was half Filipina & reacted horribly to most alcohol. It's not that unusual, but it is really unpleasant! :( I'm usually called Mel, 27, NEY, been with SO for a little over 3 years (mostly long-distance but in the same place for the summer), work in marketing. Do you travel much? Where is your favorite place?
    Posted by melizabethp[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi!  I focused on Lit... my favorite areas being Brit and Postmodern Lit.  I'm debating on going for a Master's, but I just graduated so I kind of want to take a break.  Then again, I'm worried that if I wait too long I'll never go back.  Did you continue straight from undergrad to grad school?</div><div>
    </div><div>I do like to travel, but unfortunately it's just so expensive.  Last summer I did spend 5 weeks in S. Korea as an ambassador for the city my college is located in.  Flight, food and some activites were paid for which was great.  I stayed with two different host families and it was quite the experience due to the language barrier.  But, hey- their English was better than my Korean! :)

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:4e24eabf-891b-4465-b082-5a6b6beec8c3">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduction Post. : Hi!  I focused on Lit... my favorite areas being Brit and Postmodern Lit.  I'm debating on going for a Master's, but I just graduated so I kind of want to take a break.  Then again, I'm worried that if I wait too long I'll never go back.  Did you continue straight from undergrad to grad school? I do like to travel, but unfortunately it's just so expensive.  Last summer I did spend 5 weeks in S. Korea as an ambassador for the city my college is located in.  Flight, food and some activites were paid for which was great.  I stayed with two different host families and it was quite the experience due to the language barrier.  But, hey- their English was better than my Korean! :)
    Posted by angelicafarrar[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I took two years off between undergrad & grad school. I was something of an odd duck in my program -- more than half of my cohort came in straight from undergrad, and almost everyone was from WAY out of state (I grew up about two hours away from the school & had gone to undergrad 20 miles away). It was harder for me to adjust to graduate-level coursework, but my life experience helped. Grad school was the hardest & best thing I have ever done.
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Go you for going abroad! The one thing I wish I had done in college. :)</div>

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

• Welcome to the board!

I'm also 24, and have been with my BF for over 7 1/2 years.  

I've never been to Disneyland, so I'm quite jealous!  I've always wanted to go.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi
    The picture of your kitties is adorable, the black and white one looks like the cat my parents have at their house. 
    I read Gone With the Wind a few years ago and it was great.  I'm currently reading Game of Thrones, those are very good books.

Anniversary

• edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:6fb7acb6-d80c-43e7-8b4b-64c7edec55b7">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduction Post. : I agree that Disneyland gets better each time.  I'm excited to see Cars Land and eat at the new restaurants.  I focused on Lit.  Oddly enough, I am currently a technical writer which is cut and dry.  Not very fun, but it will work for now.  I have yet to watch any BBC novel adaptations, but would like to.  Do you have any suggestions?

<div>Yeah, my degrees are in English/writing and Theology; I currently work on creating a history database for a softward company.Not what I expected! </div><div>
    </div><div>I decided against grad school for the time being because I couldn't decide what I'd want to do more in. I do creative writing, and I thought about MFA programs,but decided to focus on reading books that I want to write like, and actually work on my novel without having tons of other assignments as well. Now that I'm doing history stuff, I'd love to study the ancient near east. Basically I'm all over the board BUT I'm glad I didn't go straight away. Being out in the working world is a different environment and I'm glad I've got to learn so much outside of school. I think it makes it a lot harder to go back, but can augment what you learn in grad school. I know a lot of people who went back after taking a break. But if you're sure you know what you want to go to grad school, it could also be good to go straight away. haha, probably not very helpful.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm currently working through Brideshead Revisited from the BBC. It's from the 80s, so it's pretty grainy, and the actors who play the main characters are both in their 30s when they're supposed to be 18 at the start of the story. Jeremy Irons plays Charles Ryder, and he's adorable; he has an understated boyish charm :) I wouldn't say it's my favorite BBC miniseires; that is probably Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. Yep, a bit cliche. My brother loves the new Sense and Sensibility, but I've yet to see it. Little Dorrit and Bleak House are both on my 'to watch list' but i feel like i should read them first :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:d7b41092-b155-4867-9cef-0e1a6fd7211f">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduction Post. : Gel mani's at home?!?  Was the system expensive to buy?  Maybe that's something I'll look into since the salon's charge an arm and a leg.

You bet! I paid $35 for the lamp and I buy the polishes for $14 a bottle on Ebay. It took a few tries to get good at it, but I think I do a pretty good job at it now. I go 2-3 weeks between manicures, and sometimes I can just backfill to get a little more time out of it, as the removal is the most time consuming part.

If you're interested, I'll give you the name of the Ebay shop I buy from along with some tips on how to DIY.
  • Hi Angelica!

I think another of our posters, MotoLyn, has the same alcohol problem you do.  (She's also asian.)  It's a dehydrogenase deficiency, right?

Man, that blows.
  • Welcome to the board! Your kitties are cute!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My gel Manicure only lasted 11 days but it looked perfect for all 11 of those days. I'm rough on manicures because I pick at my hands a lot. I would cry if I was allergic to alcohol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• cmkkcmkk member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Hi! Welcome!
    I've been meaning to get a gel manicure but I haven't gotten to the salon recently.  I am terrible at doing my own nails - I'm VERY right handed!  I've been with my BF for almost two years, but we are a little bit older - I'm 27 and he's 30.  We just bought the sapphire for my e-ring last week, and it's currently being made.  So we are in kind of similar situations waiting for the ring ad knowing it exists!  It's very exciting. I know like a two-month range in which he is going to propose, so I think I should get gel manicures for that time so I'm always ready!
    You said you were part-asian ethnicity, and were in Korea - are you part Korean? (if you don't mind me asking.)  My BF is Korean-American.  We are waiting to plan our wedding until we're engaged, but the only thing we have decided is that we are going to do a quaker ceremony (my tradition) and a traditional korean ceremony.  

I was a comparative literature major in college, I love postmodern lit. What is your favorite book/favorite author?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:4e78eb3c-6d25-450d-8d03-d239c7824b61">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi The picture of your kitties is adorable, the black and white one looks like the cat my parents have at their house.  I read Gone With the Wind a few years ago and it was great.  <strong>I'm currently reading Game of Thrones, those are very good books.</strong>
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm in the middle of the first book, but I've been reading a lot of other books in between so I'm moving really slowly through it.  Have you watched the show?  I wanted to wait until I finished at least book two, but I could not resist and I watched it.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:3a2a9fab-35d7-42e5-8a58-8a3be51b5a9e">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduction Post. : You bet! I paid $35 for the lamp and I buy the polishes for $14 a bottle on Ebay. It took a few tries to get good at it, but I think I do a pretty good job at it now. I go 2-3 weeks between manicures, and sometimes I can just backfill to get a little more time out of it, as the removal is the most time consuming part. If you're interested, I'll give you the name of the Ebay shop I buy from along with some tips on how to DIY.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

<div>It sounds like a good deal since each mani is typically $30-35 plus tip.  But, I am bad at painting my nails with regular polish as it is.  Ugh and taking it off is such a pain.  I tried it once and it took me an hour in total!  I even used the tin foil trick.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:6d9f8c43-e029-415b-9bd9-6088fe464dde">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Angelica! I think another of our posters, MotoLyn, has the same alcohol problem you do.  (She's also asian.)  It's a dehydrogenase deficiency, right? Man, that blows.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>It does suck.  I'm usually more tolerant with beer and will have a glass of wine on special occassions (or if I'm at home and not in public where people can see how red I get).  But, hard liquors are out of the question because I feel like I can't breathe when I drink them.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:5bce740c-c55f-442f-a6c0-fa1bebdd013f">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! Welcome! I've been meaning to get a gel manicure but I haven't gotten to the salon recently.  I am terrible at doing my own nails - I'm VERY right handed!  I've been with my BF for almost two years, but we are a little bit older - I'm 27 and he's 30.  We just bought the sapphire for my e-ring last week, and it's currently being made.  So we are in kind of similar situations waiting for the ring ad knowing it exists!  It's very exciting. I know like a two-month range in which he is going to propose, so I think I should get gel manicures for that time so I'm always ready! You said you were part-asian ethnicity, and were in Korea - are you part Korean? (if you don't mind me asking.)  My BF is Korean-American.  We are waiting to plan our wedding until we're engaged, but the only thing we have decided is that we are going to do a quaker ceremony (my tradition) and a traditional korean ceremony.   I was a comparative literature major in college, I love postmodern lit. What is your favorite book/favorite author?
    Posted by cmkk[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oooh I love sapphires!  It's my birthstone. :)  </div><div>
    </div><div>No, I am not part Korean.  I am part Vietnamese.  It was really interesting when I was in Korea and I told my host family that my mom is from Vietnam.  They told me that they had no idea where Vietnam is even located... I was confused by this!</div><div>
    </div><div>It's so difficult to choose a favorite book because I love so many.  My favorite author at the moment is Phillipa Gregory.  She is an amazing historical fiction writer.  Bright Lights, Big City by Jay McInerney is one of my favorite postmodern novels.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:25c6e44a-b6bb-4403-8710-6a8c53137c62">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduction Post. : I'm in the middle of the first book, but I've been reading a lot of other books in between so I'm moving really slowly through it.  Have you watched the show?  I wanted to wait until I finished at least book two, but I could not resist and I watched it.  
    Posted by angelicafarrar[/QUOTE]<div>I just started the second book. I did watch the series so I wanted to read the books as well.

</div>

Anniversary

• cmkkcmkk member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_introduction-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8df916c-678b-4c2d-a845-681d6f39cab3Post:836e5914-05f8-4f56-b0c8-0afb9fdf0020">Re: Introduction Post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduction Post. : Oooh I love sapphires!  It's my birthstone. :)   No, I am not part Korean.  I am part Vietnamese.  It was really interesting when I was in Korea and I told my host family that my mom is from Vietnam.  They told me that they had no idea where Vietnam is even located... I was confused by this! It's so difficult to choose a favorite book because I love so many.  My favorite author at the moment is Phillipa Gregory.  She is an amazing historical fiction writer.  Bright Lights, Big City by Jay McInerney is one of my favorite postmodern novels.

<div>That's funny about your host family!  I visited a friend in Vietnam a year ago.  I guess K-pop is really big there right now so my friend's language tutor was obsessed with the fact that I had a korean boyfriend.  It was like the ultimate accomplishment to her!</div>
  • I'm late to the welcome wagon but welcome!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards