Catholic Weddings
Options

Invite wording proof - please :)

ETA: I should have looked at prior posts - all the info I needed is there! Forgot my TK common sense! Thanks ladies :)

Hi! I know this board gets a lot of proofing requests, but can someone please help me out and proof my invite?

Some background info: we are having a full mass and it’s important to us to include the names of both sets of parents on the invitations. Also, there will be separate cards that provide information on the reception, directions, accommodations, etc.

TIA! I really appreciate any help you can provide :)

Mr. and Mrs. Gomez and Morticia Addams
&
Mr. and Mrs. Vito and Carmella Corleone
request the honour of your presence
at the Nuptial Mass at which their children 

Wednesday Friday Addams
&
Michael Middle Name Corleone 

will be united in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony
Saturday, the twenty-fourth of September
two thousand eleven
at two o’clock in the afternoon 

Church Name
Church address

Re: Invite wording proof - please :)

• Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no expert, but it looks good to me. The only change I would make would be to add "on"-- "on Saturday, the twenty-fourth of September." And make sure if you spell "honour" that way, that spelling carries through (ie, on rsvp cards: "the favour of a reply").
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    a slight change - just my personal preference, although your original wording is ok too although the "at which" seems awkward to me.

Mr. and Mrs. Gomez and Morticia Addams
    &
    Mr. and Mrs. Vito and Carmella Corleone
    request the honour of your presence
    at the marriage of their children 

Wednesday Friday Addams
    &
    Michael Middle Name Corleone 

in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony and the celebration of the Nuptial Mass
    Saturday, the twenty-fourth of September
    two thousand eleven
    at two o’clock in the afternoon 

Church Name
    Church address
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations!! The "at which" wording seemed odd to me, but I had no idea how else to say it. I'll send these to FMIL and see which one she prefers. Alternatively, is it okay to word as "request the honour of your presence at the Nuptial Mass uniting their children...in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony"? I saw this last night while searching for invite examples. Thanks again :)
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_invite-wording-proof-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:06157764-08c6-4dba-9968-214e53c33f35Post:10328f5f-0c95-471d-ab91-e3db2fea5633">Re: Invite wording proof - please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE] Alternatively, is it okay to word as "request the honour of your presence at the Nuptial Mass uniting their children...in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony"? I saw this last night while searching for invite examples. Thanks again :)
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]
    Sounds fine to me!

FWIW mine says "at which" :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Alternatively, is it okay to word as "request the honour of your presence at the Nuptial Mass uniting their children...in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony"? I saw this last night while searching for invite examples.

IMO, no, because the mass does not unite you.  the mass is said in your honor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_invite-wording-proof-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:06157764-08c6-4dba-9968-214e53c33f35Post:8cd56358-5897-48a6-9dee-5bfff958d266">Re: Invite wording proof - please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMO, no, because the mass does not unite you.  the mass is said in your honor.
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I saw your reply in a prior post and is why I decided against it.

Thanks again for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards