Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening thread?

Re: Evening thread?

• Options
    I don't let Tory sleep on the bed all night anymore. She sleeps on her own bed. But she likes to cuddle before then. :)
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    MuSu - H has a coworker that breeds them. They tend to bond with one person, and are protective of that person. Unless you socialize them really well from day one, they won't even try to get along with other people and also tend to be aggressive towards other animals.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lynda - the biggest threat my boxer poses would be getting knocked with her big paws as she tries to hug you. The chu-wienie acts tough but as soon as you make any move like you're going to pick him up he just lays down and wags his tail. The chihuahua would just pee herself and hide in a corner. 

• Options
    Night ladies.  I'm off to read in bed.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Huh, interesting, raes. I didn't know that. That makes me sad because I love how cute they are. 
  • Options
    Goodnight Lynda! 

Chrissy - Ideally I'd like for my animals to only be on furniture when I'm on the furniture. So when I'm on the sofa he knows it's okay to come snuggle - but when I'm cooking in the kitchen he lays either in his doggy bed or on the floor. I don't think there is a way to do that though. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42740528-d167-4783-a03e-aa6dc356674bPost:fdf28896-20d3-4d33-898e-6a177ebe806e">Re: Evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Huh, interesting, raes. I didn't know that. That makes me sad because I love how cute they are. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Chihuahuas are generally one person dogs. I really dislike them and would never have one as a pet for myself. They tend to get super attached to one person and can be very agressive to anyone (human or animal) that comes near their human. However, the one that my mom adopted must have been socialized very well because she is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met. She loves to love.</div>
  • Options
    Okay, I have a fat kitty who is trying to snuggle, which is usually my signal for bed.

Night all!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42740528-d167-4783-a03e-aa6dc356674bPost:a3f969bc-c45e-4ee2-9654-2b91b358f71a">Re: Evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm loving that I'm not the only one enjoying a night of wine and tv/music/computer with my FI.
    Posted by nda8414[/QUOTE]
    Hi NDA. What are you watching?
  • Options
    Goodnight Bay! 
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan of teacup sized dogs in general, Poke. heh. I mean, they can be really sweet or cute but I like my dogs to be big and dopey. :) 

Also -- re: dog on the furniture. We've taught Tory that she can only get on the bed by invitation. She waits for the words "Come up" and then she will. Otherwise she knows it is not ok. I think that is the way to train them to keep off until they know its ok.
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I don't like tiny dogs either, but I do love teacup pigs! I'm contributing so much to this conversation, popping up every 20 minutes, lol. Just opened the wine so I'll be KUI soon :
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It seems so obvious when you say it like that Musu. I don't know why I thought it couldn't be done - I blame the liqueur. I'd love to train whatever dog I end up having to do that. Does Tory whine when she wants to get up and you won't let her?
  • Options
    Hey y'all. 

We just got back from the store and now FI and I are watching Cars 2. 

FI wanted a husky...until we were in the vets lobby with two of them. Hair was flying EVERYWHERE. 

He then changed his mind.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42740528-d167-4783-a03e-aa6dc356674bPost:f6092e7d-942f-49e6-a33a-9a42376c58ef">Re:Evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like tiny dogs either, but I do love teacup pigs! I'm contributing so much to this conversation, popping up every 20 minutes, lol. Just opened the wine so I'll be KUI soon :
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>It's understandable if you occasionally get distracted by FI's ramblings : p</div><div>
    </div><div>And I still haven't tried on my dresses. I am kind of afraid to, because they didn't fit well last time I wore them. But neither did my wedding dress and now it's fine.</div>
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    I love my tiny dog. All 7.9 pounds of him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42740528-d167-4783-a03e-aa6dc356674bPost:3d1458f1-e107-4ffb-ab54-088a4450251d">Re: Evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey y'all.  We just got back from the store and now FI and I are watching Cars 2.  FI wanted a husky...until we were in the vets lobby with two of them. Hair was flying EVERYWHERE.  He then changed his mind.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>If you stay ontop of the brushing it shouldn't be TOO bad right? I don't know, I've only ever had short or medium haired dogs. </div><div>
    </div><div>And I haven't even watched the first Cars. And I'm supposed to be a Disney/Pixar fan. Way to fail.</div>
  • Options
    Crash Yikes, heavy shedding might be enough to change my mind as well. Poke You should try them on. Better to know now if they don't fit than to be scrambling to figure out a different outfit tomorrow!
  • Options
    Sometimes Tory will whine. That usually just means she wants attention though. If I say "No" in a firm voice, she'll give up within a few minutes. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42740528-d167-4783-a03e-aa6dc356674bPost:2be47ce4-edf0-4c3c-8548-75ce38a56d76">Re: Evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my tiny dog. All 7.9 pounds of him.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

<div>What kind is he? I'm sorry if he's a Chihuahua - I hope I didn't offend you. I know not all of them are little sh!ts (like my moms sweet doggie) just all the other ones I've met.</div>
  • Options
    Musu - My chu-wienie will whine, then growl, then bark until you look at him and say "What?!?" and then he jumps onto your lap and licks you like crazy. But it's more of a game than actual training for him, because he will keep jumping up on you without being told it's okay if he's not in the mood for games. 
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member

Poke - He is a papillon. They are really smart and good natured, not brats like a lot of small breeds tend to be. I wanted one most of my life, but we always had big dogs. The second H and I started looking into buying a house, I started researching breeders. We picked Westley up four days after we closed on our house.
    This is what he looked like when I got him:

• Options
    Aww, he's so cute, Raes! I don't think I've ever seen that kind of dog before. I've pretty much always had big dogs. The smallest dog I've had is the poodle we have now, but she's not super small, she's like 30 lbs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:42740528-d167-4783-a03e-aa6dc356674bPost:67ecf795-18ad-47d4-8f57-b8954ef44679">Re: Evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread? : Aren't you married crash? ;)
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]
    Old habits die hard. I can't even count how many times I've started to type FI and caught myself.<div>
    </div><div>Right now we have a small dog, and he sheds a little...but I mean those dogs were in the waiting room from 2 minutes maybe..and there was tons of hair (they were jumping and such). Plus I think they're even a little bigger than is reasonable for our house.</div>
  • Options
    I didn't even think I wanted a dog when J said he wanted to get one. I liked dogs but didn't think I was ready for one. Then I met Tory. and my world was over. And I became a crazy dog lady. 
  • Options
    Raes - I love baby Papillons!  From my experience they're good with other dogs too. FMIL has one and my uncle (the one with the King Charles) had one. 

FMIL got her Papillon (Lucky) shortly after her husband passed away. She had him for about three years (I think) before she moved. She noticed he wasn't eating his food. She tried all different kind and he just wouldn't do it. But anytime the cat was near he'd eat like no tomorrow. So she got another little dog (a Pomeranian) and feeds them both at the same time. Lucky now eats all of his food : )
  • Options
    I'm sure I'll type FI by accident for weeks or months after we get married... just like I write the previous year on everything every January.
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    Yeah, they are really good with other animals. He loves to play with my parents' golden retriever and my grandma's beagle. I felt bad about him not having another animal at home to play with, so we adopted a shelter kitten so he would have a friend. They fight sometimes, but for the most part they are really good together.
    BFFs:

• Options
    Haha that reminds me, Angel. When I worked at the bank, I always had to know the date since, ya know, we write the date on like 2 million pieces of paper per day. For some reason, one day in 2007, I wrote my year as '12 on everything. For whatever reason I decided it was 5 years in the future for a day. We didn't realize it til we went through my work a few days later, lol. 
  • Options
    Haha, that's hilarious, MuSu. I've never gotten the date quite that wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards