November 2013 Weddings

Where did we all go? Checks!

Where did everybody go??? I moved and haven't been around as much... Buuuuuut...

We picked our coordinator today!!! Haven't signed the contract yet but it's in the works. feels neat to have something to check off.....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: Where did we all go? Checks!

• Good for you! I haven't decided if I want one yet. We're hoping to sign a contract for our venue next week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on finding your coordinator! I would love to have never, but it's just not in the budget.

On the plus side for us, we're in a planning lull.  All of the big stuff is done (venue, food, cake, dress, dj, photographer, tux, std's, invites, centerpieces). Now it's just a matter of waiting for the right times to do things- sending out the std's/invites, making the seating chart, etc.  Feels good to just set back and watch time fly.
    Anniversary
  • Venue (ceremony and reception in one place) and photographer are booked and deposits paid. Soon to come are the DJ, officiant and std/invitations.

Congrats on having a coordinator! I would love to have one but not in my budget.
  • We have our bridal party chosen and a venue in mind that we plan to book next week. I have a florist in mind but need to meet with him to see his portfolio/pricing and I'm going dress shopping (again) soon as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We've got our cermony/reception venue booked (1 stop shop...yay!), DJ (thanks SJ Board references), and photographer.

I had posted a while back in a bit of a pickle over whether we should go with the cheaper photog (by a few hundred dollars) or go with the more expensive who we both loved.  Well, we went with the latter and couldn't be happier.  Now we need to figure out our engagement session date.  Seems kind of weird though bc we've been engaged for a long time.  It will still be nice to have "good" pics of the two of us looking all in lurve, though.

Other than that, I've been thinking about florist & officiant.  Not trying to get too far ahead of myself but at the same time I sometimes feel all "Eff this s!  Planning a wedding sucks!"...but then I think about how awesome the day will be and I get over it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_where-did-we-all-go-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:67251a29-9553-4c26-9194-1eff3b3f9d8fPost:f69eb0f3-44c0-4e92-80d3-5cb030e84512">Re: Where did we all go? Checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've got our cermony/reception venue booked (1 stop shop...yay!), DJ (thanks SJ Board references), and photographer. I had posted a while back in a bit of a pickle over whether we should go with the cheaper photog (by a few hundred dollars) or go with the more expensive who we both loved.  Well,<strong> we went with the latter and couldn't be happier. </strong> Now we need to figure out our engagement session date.  Seems kind of weird though bc we've been engaged for a long time.  It will still be nice to have "good" pics of the two of us looking all in lurve, though. Other than that, I've been thinking about florist & officiant.  Not trying to get too far ahead of myself but at the same time I sometimes feel all "Eff this s!  Planning a wedding sucks!"...but then I think about how awesome the day will be and I get over it.
    Posted by alk0511[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh that is great!! I'm glad that worked out for you. We're looking at photographers now and it's so hard to tell just from their portfolios, I can't wait to start actually interviewing and getting to know people!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Congrats on getting your coordinator, and for everyone getting their checklists almost done!!! :D

I have my ceremony/reception booked, we're about to sign with a photographer (we decided on Randy Chapman...he's amazing!) and DJ...just gotta dot the I's and cross the T's, and of course send in the money haha

One of our ushers (groomsmen?) has made beautiful wedding cakes before, so he's making ours (a bit more affordable for my budget haha), and we have our bridal party selected as well as my Wedding Dress!! (which I posted in a previous post for those who wanna see it)...and some of the BMs have their dress too...getting them for a great deal is the best thing EVER!!

The only thing I need to work on is flowers. I have allergies (boo) and so does my mom and sister (boo again), so we're looking for silk flowers...and TODAY, my manager at work told me how her mom makes floral arrangements and does silk flowers...

and today we just booked engagement photo schedule for next month!! I'm getting SO EXCITED!!!!!
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_where-did-we-all-go-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:67251a29-9553-4c26-9194-1eff3b3f9d8fPost:f868707d-1a1b-411e-9d38-d91a94b8338e">Re: Where did we all go? Checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where did we all go? Checks! : Oh that is great!! I'm glad that worked out for you. We're looking at photographers now and it's so hard to tell just from their portfolios, I can't wait to start actually interviewing and getting to know people!
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  We just booked our engagement session with them, as well.  I'm so excited.  Hmm...what to wear...

Good luck on your search.  Finding the right photographer is like so many other typical wedding cliches - once you get that feeling...stick with it!  Silly but true!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards