Canada-Ontario

Photo Locations

I'm getting married near Eglinton and Don Mills (near the Science Centre.)  Does anyone know of any good urban photo locations that would be nearby?
Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
"If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert

Re: Photo Locations

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a science teacher, it would be AWESOME to take pictures in the science center itself!  I think that the Brickworks or anywhere along Bayview would be a great backdrop!  Describe "urban" - what are you looking for as a background?
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Science Centre is jammed on weekends with families so I don't want to go that route.  Plus I want to take my pictures outside - that's part of why I chose to have a July wedding.

In terms of urban settings, I was thinking something with tall, visually interesting buildings.  Littlin, I consider your engagement pictures to be an urban setting.

"If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should add that we're heading North for the reception, so I don't want to go too far South because of what we'll lose in travel time.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How North?  How about all the streets surrounding Yonge & Eglinton?
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    North as in Vaughan. :P

Yonge and Eglinton could work - are there good settings around there?
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely - another financial area, lots of restaurants and bars and shops along Yonge street.
  • mrsmauimarymrsmauimary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shops at Don Mills are pretty fun :) And Brickworks is a great spot, not too far from your venue.
  • edited December 2011
    Yonge and Egg could work.  might find some neat backdrops behind the row of buildings that line along yonge.  the eglington grand would be neat if you could get inside and take pictures. 

brickworks = permit.  a good spot that has lots of backdrops.  also inside the don valley there is simply green fields and forest wtih tall ravine hills...  there is some hidden roads all around so it's worth it to check out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards