Florida-North Florida

I'm married! Pictures and Vendor Reviews in Post

Hi girls! I know it's been awhile but after the wedding and honeymoon, I took a little time off from the boards.

Our wedding day was wonderful! Everything went beautifully. We were so lucky and blessed to be able to begin our life together surrounded by the people we love.

Here's a few pictures from our big day, as captured by Tonya Beaver Photography:

Me and my amazing bridesmaids

Bridal portraits

My husband and I during our wedding ceremony

If you're interested in seeing more, check out the album on Tonya's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150632268630497.689881.149562435496

And here's my vendor reviews - I hope they are helpful to those brides out there who are still planning! If you have questions about any of these vendors, please feel free to ask.

Tonya Beaver Photography A+

I cannot recommend Tonya Beaver-Propst of Tonya Beaver Photography enough. From the moment we walked in for our first consultation, Tonya was professional, organized and a joy to work with. She is an amazingly talented photographer with an eye for lighting, shots, color and all the other elements that make for beautiful photos that capture the essence of a wedding and a couple. She’s also a great businesswoman – some creative people struggle with the business aspect of things, but not Tonya! She’s always on top of everything. She will take the extra time to help you make sure your wedding day schedule is conducive to getting wonderful photographs. And as if that wasn’t enough, she also happens to be a wonderfully sweet person with a huge heart! We loved working with her!

Alfred Angelo A

My dress story is a little different from many. I went into Alfred Angelo for the first time and found many beautiful dresses that I was considering. Then I got an email that the shop in Jacksonville was having a sample sale, so I decided to give it a shot. I ended up finding a beautiful dress that was the exact style I’d always wanted (drop waisted ball gown with beading) for only $100! It required a lot of tailoring, but it was still a great deal for my dream dress! The ladies working there were helpful throughout the entire process.

Martha Shump Designs A+

Martha was wonderful. I came to her with an Alfred Angelo dress I got from a sample sale that was about 2 sizes two big. She pretty much re-built the dress so it fit me properly and it turned out beautiful! I had to have a few extra fittings and she was always very helpful. She even cleaned the dress for me without an additional charge since it needed because it was a sample. When I picked up my dress and veil, they were perfectly steamed and ready to go!

River House A+

We fell in love with the River House the first time we stepped inside. It's a beautiful venue with lots to offer, especially the gorgeous view of the water. It had its own parking lot, which is really nice considering that parking in St. Augustine can be a pain. It was also great having the entire place all to ourselves. Constance, the event coordinator, was super helpful with anything we needed.

Enchanted Florist of St. Augustine A

We originally signed a contract with Winnie from Sally's Roses in St. Augustine because we hit it off with her. Then Winnie got ill and had to sell her businesses and Daniel Adams took it over as Enchanted Florist of St. Augustine. Dan was very helpful and patient with us as we changed our mind several times about what type of flowers and arrangements we wanted for our wedding. The flowers turned out beautifully!

Your Wedding Weekender A+

We stumbled upon Adair Currie of Your Wedding Weekender at the very end - only about 2 weeks before our wedding date. But thank goodness we did! Our wonderful photographer, Tonya Beaver-Propst of Tonya Beaver Photography, introduced us. Tonya suggested we consider hiring a day of coordinator to help things go smoothly and mentioned she had a friend who had just started her own wedding planning/coordination business and was very reasonably priced. We had discussed hiring one before but hadn't wanted to pay $500+ for someone to just keep things under control that day. Adair happened to stop by to see Tonya and within 5 minutes of meeting her, we hired her and wrote her a check! She was the perfect addition to our vendor team. She pulled everything together, set up decorations at our reception site and made sure everything went smoothly. If you want her on your vendor team, you should probably hire her plenty in advance because at her very reasonable prices and great personality and service, I have a feeling she's going to start booking up pretty quickly!

ProShow DJ Service A

Bill Jones was fun, personable and kept our wedding guests entertained! Would recommend him to other brides.

Hair by Devin A+

Devin in my regular hair stylist and she is wonderful. From shortly after I got engaged. Devin worked with me to cut/style my hair as I grew it out since I wanted an updo on my wedding day. Without her help, I don’t think I would have been able to grow my hair out as long as I did because I have very thin hair. When it came to my wedding day style, I brought her pictures of several different styles I was interested in and she worked to create a style that I loved and went with my face shape, hair type, veil and hair accessories I’d gotten for the wedding. She did a great job with my hair on my wedding day. She and her assistant also did a wonderful job on my bridesmaids’ hair, arriving at 7 am and working hard even as the small bed and breakfast room we were staying in got pretty warm! In addition to being a talented stylist, Devin is a warm and friendly person so sitting in her chair is always a pleasant experience!

Designed Events A+

We did an extensive search for our wedding caterer because the food at our reception was very important to us. Mark prepared a delicious tasting for us. All his food was excellent but it was his stuffed beef tenderloin in the red wine demi glaze that sealed the deal for us. It’s so tender and delicious! We got so many compliments on it and the food overall at our wedding. The buffet was beautifully displayed. And the service from Mark and his team was wonderful – they really went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of. From helping make sure everything was set up to serving mini cups of Blue Bell ice cream with our wedding cake for no extra charge, they were an integral part of our wedding day and we’d hire them again in a heartbeat if we had another event that needed catering!

Beards Jeweler A

We got my beautiful wedding band there and also got my engagement ring (which was bought through the online diamond wholesaler Blue Nile) re-set so that it would fit flush with my wedding band. My rings look so beautiful!

Defore’s Cakes A+

Kerry and Heather from Defore's are great! We got a three-tiered cake from them. We got a different cake flavor and filling for each layer and they were all yummy. We gave them a vision for how we wanted it to look and they made it come to life!

Paige Weber A+

I met Paige through a friend and I’m lucky I did because she doesn’t advertise and only works on referral! She has many years of experience in the business, did a beautiful job on my make-up and is really sweet!

Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I'm married! Pictures and Vendor Reviews in Post

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards