New Hampshire

First Appointment... Susanne's Weddings

I just made my first appointment with Susanne's Weddings for a possible florist!! My appointment isn't until next Friday but i'm super excited and nervous at the same time. I hope everything goes smoothly.... especially the pricing!!

Is anyone else using her?

Re: First Appointment... Susanne's Weddings

• mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not using her, but have seen her work at a few bridal shows and talked to her.  Her flowers are beautiful and she seems nice.  I thought her prices were a bit high--more than what we wanted to spend with our budget.

Have fun at your appointment--we met with a few different florists and I really enjoyed all of those.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    She is doing our centerpieces as she is part of our vendor package, but FI's uncle who is a florist is doing the rest of our flowers as our wedding present.

I met with her for the first time and I felt like she didn't really listen to what I wanted.  My colors are green and pink and we have a woodsy/nature theme to our wedding, so I really wanted some pink flowers and lots of greens, but she decided to use yellows and oranges and just really didn't listen to my vision. FI and I ended up making a second appointment with her to kind of  "lay down the law" so to speak because what we wanted and what she wanted were 2 different things. She ended up changing our centerpieces to what we wanted in the end.

She is very nice, but I think she is more into doing fancier, glitzier things and that just wasn't my or FI's style. We did also find her to be rather expensive if you wanted to upgrade anything from the vendor package.

GL!
    Anniversary
  • Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pricey isn't going to work for me!! Any other suggestions on great and well priced florists?

P.S. and not Lyndsey Loring... she said something I didn't really like in an email and she is booked anyways for my wedding date!
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any recommendations other than Lyndsey, but I will say that  Ford Flowers, while nice people and seemingly quality flowers, are definitely up there in price.

Good luck, though!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • nicoleh55nicoleh55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    her pricing was wayyy to high for me. she quoted over $3000 and i only have 3 BM. and i refused to pay more for flowers than for photography... she was very nice and offered to get anything i wanted. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using her for our bridal party flowers and centerpieces. She is part of our vendor package and we only had to pay $90 for upgrades, which another florist quoted us much higher for. I was surprised at the cost for our bridal party flowers. My bouquet was $225, however, I am having expensive flowers and rhinestones added to the flowers. My style is deff very over the top and glitzy. We also received a discount because we were military but we ended up paying $600 for my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 3 mothers flowers, and 8 boutineeres.

I think it really depends on your style. I did feel like she really listened to what I was looking for and didn't interject her opinion too much.

As a side note, we used INVITED Designs for our invitation designs and LOVED LOVED THEM! I couldn't have been happier with the experience. We were able to design our own invitation for much cheaper than what it would have cost to purchase a stock invitation. Look into them while you visit Susanne's as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using a florist in Jaffrey, (Daffodills), and we love them.

Not sure where your venue is, but if it's closer to the Nashua area, you may want to look into Anne's Country Florist in Hudson.  She's very nice and her arrangements are very pretty, (talked with her at a few bridal shows).  I also found her prices to be very reasonable.  The only reason we didn't use her is because she's over an hour away from our venue and we wanted someone that was closer and more familiar with the receptiion space.

It's good to get a few quotes and compare prices for similar items between different florists.  I started a spreadsheet to compare the prices of BM bouquets, bouts, coursages, etc.....this makes good information to take with you when you meet with florists and need to make your decision.  We specifically decided against one florist because she kept trying to talk us into something that was totally different from what we wanted and she was doing a hard 'upsell'.

Stay firm with your budget--don't let them try to 'upgrade' you...instead, ask them what you can do to try to trim down the costs...like buying your own vases, etc.  Staying with seasonal flowers helps too.  Another great idea for ceremony flowers that our florist recommended was to buy rod iron plant stands and then use potted plants---ivy, fern, peace lillies or similar--to decorate the outdoor ceremony area.  Then we could take them home or give them to family and friends.

Good luck.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • MrsR0511MrsR0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Susanne's Weddings for my wedding three weeks ago and I loved her. When I met with her I thought she was very helpful and listened to everything I said. I had 5 bridesmaids, a junior bridesmaid, 7 bouts, 2 mother's flowers, my bouquet and she did part of 14 centerpieces and it was under $1300. I told her I was on a strict budget as my husband and I paid for the wedding ourselves and she told us how we could work with her to get part of the centerpieces ourselves to keep the cost down. She was helpful every step of the way. HTH!
    BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12 BFP 2/26/13 EDD 10/29/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Susanne- we are also doing a vendor package with her, and while I didn't check around too much, didn't think the add-ons were that bad!  She seemed to dive right into my idea (lillies, different textures, pops of bright colors) and I'm hoping for the best!

PS- We also used Invited right next door and LOVE them as well.  Super helpful, super sweet, willing to go the extra mile.  LOVE THEM.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • njhunter84njhunter84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married for about a yr but she is part of my vendor package as well . My FI and & went with Zorvinos for the ceremony and reception......I was wondering how much extra it ended up costing for those of you who have the "vendor packages" I really really really want anenome flowers but im afraid its  going to be sort of pricey. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards