Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Plus sized brides, dont waste your time at Bride Beautiful in Atlanta!

PLUS SIZE BRIDES BEWARE!! They do not deserve even ONE star! This was the worst experience ever! Even thought their website states "Please also visit our plus size section. We have one of the largest selections of plus size samples in the Atlanta area!" they had 2 dresses in a size 20, 2 dresses in a size 22, and NOTHING above that.. although the sales girl said they could "hold the dresses up to me" and that "they could be ordered bigger, for an additional fee".. Oh, and she constantly urged me to "go online and look because all of their dresses are online" .. They advertise dresses from Mori Lee on the site, a popular line for plus sized brides.. None of those dresses are available to actually try on in the store. I would never buy a dress without trying it on first! Who does that? Their site is a perfect example of false advertisement! The store was dirty and the sales girl a teenager that knew nothing about the gowns.. A plus sized girls worst nightmare is to go to a store and have NOTHING fit right.. I left in tears.. would not have made the appointment if the site had not been misleading.. I highly recommend that you don't waste your time going here!! Alfred Angelo is a couple of miles away, and has a TON of dresses for every size, doesn't charge more for plus sizes, and has excellent customer service!

Re: Plus sized brides, dont waste your time at Bride Beautiful in Atlanta!

• Options
    sadure4681sadure4681 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PLUS SIZE BRIDES BEWARE!! They do not deserve even ONE star! This was the worst experience ever! Even thought their website states "Please also visit our plus size section. We have one of the largest selections of plus size samples in the Atlanta area!" they had 2 dresses in a size 20, 2 dresses in a size 22, and NOTHING above that.. although the sales girl said they could "hold the dresses up to me" and that "they could be ordered bigger, for an additional fee".. Oh, and she constantly urged me to "go online and look because all of their dresses are online" .. They advertise dresses from Mori Lee on the site, a popular line for plus sized brides.. None of those dresses are available to actually try on in the store. I would never buy a dress without trying it on first! Who does that? Their site is a perfect example of false advertisement! The store was dirty and the sales girl a teenager that knew nothing about the gowns.. A plus sized girls worst nightmare is to go to a store and have NOTHING fit right.. I left in tears.. would not have made the appointment if the site had not been misleading.. I highly recommend that you don't waste your time going here!! Alfred Angelo is a couple of miles away, and has a TON of dresses for every size, doesn't charge more for plus sizes, and has excellent customer service!
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience! I defnitely also recommend AA. They were pretty nice. They sort of acted like they run a Paris boutique with regards to their dresses (wouldn't let me pull gowns), but maybe they do that to maintain order and keep the customer from feeling like they're doing the work. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <--- hated Bride Beautiful too

I went in (without an appointment) at 5PM just to see if they carried a particular gown. I wasn't there to try on dresses but before I could even get in the door good one sales person says, "I hope you aren't here to try on dresses because we close at 6. That means we take our last try on at 5." Apparently the sales person next to her caught the look of utter disdain and shock on my face and quickly jumped in with "but I'd happy to show you around and if you see anything you like you can come back and try them on."

For giggles I said "ok" and walked around the store. I wasn't impressed with the lay out of the store either... and I was already turned OFF from the first 30 seconds in the store. 

Needless to say... I didn't (and wont) go back and I'm not one to discount an entire establishment on one experience. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BB was one of my least favorite stores I visited..and did not end up purchasing my dress from them.  There are so many other stores to visit that will treat in the manner in which you deserve...   No matter what, you are the customer :)
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bride Beutiful is just plain ghetto. And, they badly need a remodel. Those colors were on the Golden Girls!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were going to go there, but then I found my dress at the Running of the Brides so glad that I didn't go now after reading those.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had that bad experience, but I had a pretty good visit there. 

My bridal and I selected a dress during my trip to Kleinfeld, but my mom had not seen it so I called around and found it at BB.  I made an appointment and dragged my mom over there to check it out.  We got there about 20 minutes early, and had to wait for the consultant.  We browsed the bridesmaid dresses while we waited, which was only about ten minutes.  I got a lovely lady that immediately walked us over to the Adorae that I wanted, and let us browse to see if there were any other dresses we wanted to see.  I ended up selecting a different dress that both my mom and I loved.

The place does definitely need some updating, but I guess the experience you have is based on your consultant!!
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Davids Bridal in Kennesaw. They were so nice, and had SO many gowns that fit me (size 18)
  • Options
    kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I bought my dress from BB.  I really liked my consultant and was happy with the selections.  Sorry you all had such bad experiences. :-(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_plus-sized-brides-dont-waste-time-bride-beautiful-atlanta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:4c17b215-cae5-490a-93dc-bb19665924cePost:0bc71918-691f-4edf-a97d-8a49635e0444">Re: Plus sized brides, dont waste your time at Bride Beautiful in Atlanta!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I loved Davids Bridal in Kennesaw. They were so nice, and had SO many gowns that fit me (size 18)
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

DB kennesaw is awesome. :)
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_plus-sized-brides-dont-waste-time-bride-beautiful-atlanta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:4c17b215-cae5-490a-93dc-bb19665924cePost:d375df94-f2a7-4dfd-b7e9-9d9babcdcbd3">Re: Plus sized brides, dont waste your time at Bride Beautiful in Atlanta!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my dress from BB.  I really liked my consultant and was happy with the selections.  Sorry you all had such bad experiences. :-(
    Posted by kimberlykh[/QUOTE]

<div>I bought my dress there too.  I hate that you all had such bad experiences because mine was wonderful.  I had a great consultant that was extremely helpful, patient, and honest! It makes me sad for the ones of you that had such awful experiences because dress shopping should not be that way! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • Options
    tpoole88tpoole88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my plus sized dress at Bridals by Lori in Sandy Springs.  The consultants were surpisingly helpful, down to earth, and extremly friend to me and my bridal party. They also had a large selection of plus sized dresses from different designers.  Good luck finding dresses, ladies!!
    148image 98image 0image 50image
  • Options
    I went to Bride Beautiful and had a wonderful consultant, but wound up getting my dress at Affordable Bridal in Buford.  Great experience, lots to try on in plenty of sizes, and plenty to choose from if you're on a budget.  New Natalie's in Atlanta has a ton of dresses, in all sizes, but I did not enjoy my experience there--2 hours of waiting to try on only 5 dresses.  I loved the dress I got at Affordable Bridal!  
  • Options
    So where does a plus sized bride go? I am in the Newnan area...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards