Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good morning

2»

Re: Good morning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-122?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:84f486a0-4d9b-47e4-b1c5-95b154137811Post:352fc36a-be73-45cf-93f4-2a6d2bc63ec2">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think I am actually going to invest in the spanx with legs so that there is something for the sweat to catch onto. I apologize for the disgusting rating of nasty in my posts.  I know all of you just wanted to hear about sweating on your wedding day. 
    Posted by Ms.BriarRose[/QUOTE]

I bought boy short spandex for the same reason! LOL  My mom was like "why do you need that?" and I assured her it was more for sweat absorption than for sucking me in.  I bought a good powder from Sephora that I didn't end up using on the wedding day.  Its crazy expensive for powder, but I hate the smell of baby powder so it was worth it.  Here's the link
     <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml%3B">http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml%3B</a>$sessionid$J3PAPFYFLEY4CCV0KRRRHOQ;jsessionid=J3PAPFYFLEY4CCV0KRRRHOQ?id=P261813&categoryId=B70

They don't carry it at Christiana, I had to order online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is good to know. Quick bread it really just eggs and water and the mix I think. So if it is not that much harder I will try this weekend. I love zucchini bread too. Mmmm. My mouth is literally watering.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry my post got all messed up by the link!  Its called Clean Body Veil (Clean is the brand).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I had THE MOST amazing bread the other day that someone made.  I'm going to try making it myself.  Its a rosemary foccacia-type bread, but so soft, yummy and delicious.

http://potlgd.com/lamaison/wiki/index.php?title=Rosemary_Bread
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-122?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:84f486a0-4d9b-47e4-b1c5-95b154137811Post:a86ef6ed-2000-4651-b0f6-c83452d1e386">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE] I had THE MOST amazing bread the other day that someone made.  I'm going to try making it myself.  Its a rosemary foccacia-type bread, but so soft, yummy and delicious. <a href="http://potlgd.com/lamaison/wiki/index.php?title=Rosemary_Bread" rel="nofollow">http://potlgd.com/lamaison/wiki/index.php?title=Rosemary_Bread</a>
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

I LOVE foccacia bread.... I am totally making it this weekend along with my pumpkin bread. :) thanks for sharing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me know how it goes! I don't have all the tools it says you need to bake this.  But I'd like to try sometime.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mom just made a zucchini bread and gave it to me yesterday.  I put it in the kitchen at work and it was gone in 2 seconds.  Ravenous coworkers!  I took a piece and am saving it for later.  I don't want to eat it, but I feel bad because my Mom baked it for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's adoptive grandmother made him banana bread (a huge loaf) last week.  It was gone in two days, and I don't like banana.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cara- I didn't look at the recipe... I hope I have all of these said tools....

I LOVE banana bread too!!! mmmm

I confess I am addicted to any carb out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweat is a partial reason for my December wedding.

I had a dream last night that I work a 5k t-shirt, leggins and purple flats to my rehearsal.? strange
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what a bakers peel is.... and I don't have a cast iron skillet. I have a dutch oven that is cast iron with porcelain enamel covering it... sigh. Guess I can't make it....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what you could use instead of what's listed there. I've never made bread before, so I don't know how flexible this recipe is.  It was so damn delicious though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aahhh.... yeah, i don't have one of those.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You won't need the baker's peel... and I assume most people who don't own a bakery or pizza restaurant wouldn't have one in their home.  Just let the dough rise on a baking sheet instead, and use your hands or a spatula to transfer it to the stone... same with removing them from the oven.  As far as the cast iron skillet, that's recommended because it can go in the oven without being damaged.  You could probably just use a tin/aluminum pan to pour the water into.  Its just intended to steam and keep moisture in the oven so the bread doesn't dry out.

I don't see an oven temperature... am I blind?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips! Can I use a pizza stone instead of a baking stone? Isn't it all the same thing?

I dont' see a temp either. I can ask the person who made it what they baked at. Or maybe its just a standard 350 keeping an eye on it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, so I can just use a baking sheet.... good. I have a really nice one I just got (oneida) that has a deeper side to it. Thanks Hilary :) 

I also doubt anyone has one of these, unless they bake all the time and have every gadget known to man.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if there is a difference between the pizza stone and baking stone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a pizza stone too, I assumed it is the same as a baking stone. I can always try it out this weekend and see what happens. Do you think I can sub ww flour for the regular flour?? 
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tacc-- zucchini bread is my favorite thing ever!! My mom bakes it and just gave me the recipe so I'm going to have to try and make it myself :-P
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, thanks MH. I think I might do half and half.... I just try to not consume white flour. If I can help it. that is. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think this bread really falls into the healthy category...especially if you eat it with EVOO, as its meant to be eaten.  So I'd just go for the regular flour. (unless you need to use ww flour for your FI)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess - it's strange zucchini bread came up in convo because I never heard of it before last night when my Mom gave it to me.  I took a bite of it and it's dangerous! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I know that. :) But yea I like to make him eat WW flour whenever I can make the switch. Plus why not try to be a little healthy at the same time as being not healthy, if that makes sense at all.   Like last night we went to UNOs and I got a watermelon margarita but I got a healthy chicken breast dinner with mashed potatoes and broccoli. :)  
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good afternoon!

Thanks to this post I'm now craving every bread imaginable, as well as pumpkin spice latte and watermelon margarita!

MBR - you are definitely not the first to worry about the sweat thing -- I was terrorized by thoughts of sweat issues. I just made sure to use the certain dry stuff for the weeks before, and wore cotton boyshorts under my dress! Spanx would work equally well...
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tacc-  I know! I think I could eat an entire loaf in one sitting. It's so good. I like to put a little bit of butter on it too sometimes. so yummy

I sweat when I get nervous so I've been joking with my girls that they're going to need to carry those battery operated fans to fan my face and pits when the nerves kick in before the ceremony  haha
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heck, I should just pin those battery operated fans to my dress!

I wonder if I could get my seamstress to make little pockets on the inside of my skirt to hold the handles of the fans....
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or maybe she could work these into the interior of the dress!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards