California-Inland Empire

Gift Registry

So My Fi really doesnt want to partake in registering for our wedding gifts and it really hurts my feelings...How do I get him to be excited about this?  Did anyone else have this problem or is it just me. Im sure he would be excited if we were registering at Best Buy or Home Depot.  What do I do?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Gift Registry

• edited December 2011
    Andrew did not want to register at all.  He hates going to stores unless it's to buy a video game.  I dragged him anyway and he ended up being the biggest kid ever with the scanner.  He ran around the store scanning everything imaginable!  I heard this hapen to some of my friends as well. 

I would let him know how important it is to you and ask him to go to just 1 store with you (and you will register at the other stores yourself) but that you want him to be apart of every aspect of this wedding in some way. 

Maybe you can bribe him as well....Wink 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Register at Sears...they have tools, TVs, etc and he might be excited! 

Also, it is none of my business really but as I have been lurking, I have noticed this "non-excitement of FI" is really hurting your feelings.

Are you over reacting or do you think he really is not excited?

My FI is excited--but of course not as excited as me because boys don't care about colors, rings, dresses, etc...but he did like picking the cake and location.
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know.  I think its because I am so excited that I feel like he doesnt want to be as much of a part of it as I want him to be I guess.  He doesnt want to register..I feel like he is not enthusastic about the engagement photos.  But, I am probably over reacting and being sensitive like I usually am.  I didnt propose to myself or buy my ring or even put it out there that I wanted to be married right now. But, I feel like sometimes I am putting more of an effort in the planning process than he is. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok.  I get what you are saying.  If it is any consolation....I think most girls put in "more effort" and are more excited in general.  I am definitely doing most of the planning and choosing most of the vendors/products on my own.  However, my FI always chimes in if he is totally against an idea (like when i wanted a short wedding dress he vehemently opposed!).  Maybe registering w/o him will be better---YOU GET TO PICK WHAT YOU WANT! LOL!  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I felt the same way you do throughout my planning process.  Andrew complained about the amount of money I spent on every little thing and really about everything!  I had to drag him to do things with me.  It was really disappointing to me since I felt like it was such a huge deal and he acted like it wasn't.  I had to constantly remind him how much it meant to me.  He eventually helped me with some DIY things and went to the cake tasting and did all the expected things (not without a lot of complaining though).

All I can say is to keep voicing how important this is to you.  It may be a struggle throughout the planning process but in the end it seriously is worth all the hassle.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I did all the gift registering myself online. It was quick and stress free. All FH had to do was look over it really quick and make veto and suggestions if he thought I left something out. I did tell him that we had to go instore to choose linens and towels (because I want to feel them) and he was okay with doing that little task. It was all way easier than walking aroung a giant store and being overwhelmed by all the selections.
  • edited December 2011
    I have no clue where we are going to register, I was thinking Bed Bath and Beyond and Target but people always says bad things about Target registry. Any feed back on either?
  • edited December 2011
    Bed, Bath, & Beyond was great aside fromt eh fact that the lady kept pushing China ware on us no matter how much we said no.

I heard Target's retunr policy is crap.  You need a receipt in order to return the items.  You're screwed if you get more than one.  That is what I heard though not by experience.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you everyone for your input. My MOH had stuff to return at target for her registry and they would only let her return in it that specific department and she got only store credit to that one department plus she said the registery was always down.  So Im going to register at Macys and at BBB
  • edited December 2011
    Don't take it too personal. Like the other girls have said, guys just don't care as much about wedding stuff as girls do.

You can have my groomzilla FI instead if you want! lol. He has to have a say in almost everything! The only thing he hasn't said anything about is the BM dresses! lol. I actually told him that I was getting a colored dress (which I'm not) and he told me that if I walked down the aisle in a colored dress he wouldn't marry me!!! Lmao! I played with his emotions for a few days telling him that I had actually got a colored dress. He got so hyped up.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ya.  I went and registered online some and went and picked out my china yesterday at Macys with my 5 year old and one of my besties and it didnt bother me much.  When I got home he wanted to see what I picked and he was actually happy with my choices.  I almost got pink plates just in spite of him LOL.  But, I still have some more stuff to register for I dont want to get online..like my towels and sheets and stuff that you have to feel to pick out.  Anyways Bre, Im sorry you have to move your wedding date back that sucks but, at least you wont have to worry about the photog being pregnant :-), and I feel like if my groom was groomzilla I probaly wouldnt like that either.  It feels nice To choose the things I dreamed about since I was little, Guys dont dream about their weddinga ll their lives I think?  Do they?
  • edited December 2011
    I am sorry to say that I dont think I have ever heard a girl say their FI put in as much effort as they did for their wedding. There are guys that come close but there are just some guys that would rather go to the dentist :)

Bre- I had a groomzilla too and it drove me nuts. He had to have a say in everything....EVERYTHING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards