Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

outdoor wedding ceremony ideas!

Hi I would love to know if anyone knows of any great gardens/parks or whatever that is outdoors for a wedding ceremony in June 2012.  My reception is in Ramsey Mn, (close to Anoka & Elk River) i am having a hard time finding a ceremony place close by. 

Re: outdoor wedding ceremony ideas!

• edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Three Rivers Park District?  They have a lot of outdoor venues available, all over the cities!  = )  Click here!
  • edited December 2011
    I have looked into three rivers park website.  I already have a place for my reception, and most of the parks rental comes with the reception. So I dont want to pay the extra if im not going to use the space for the reception. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ah gotcha, didn't know that's how the outdoor venues worked!

How many guests are you expecting for the ceremony?  That might help people come up with some better options for you!!
  • edited December 2011
    inbetween 150-175 guests
    I was thinking about using a city park, but am not sure I want to go that route.
  • Jo&Lo83Jo&Lo83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could scout out around the rum river...one side is just houses, but the other side is basically open, with a path on it.  There is a nice park off in downtown anoka, past the dam...but I'm not sure if you could set up chairs?  There is Kelly Farm up on 10...that would be something "different" and the entrance is pretty, but you may be paying a fee there for a ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EmilyW416EmilyW416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elk River doesnt haev much. I can Only think of Lions Park off school St. There is Doris _____ park in Champlin/Anoka. Im sure Kelly Farm would charge. I think most places do for weddings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards