Illinois-Chicago

Vintage/Rustic Venue in West Suburbs of Chicago IL

Help!!  I am trying to find a beautiful wedding venue for a spring wedding, rustic/vintage theme.  I'm thinking outdoor would be best but want to make sure they have, or I can put up, a tent (in case of rain).  I absolutely LOVE the Pavilion at Orchard Farms but I'm afraid that will be a little far.
Any ideas??

Re: Vintage/Rustic Venue in West Suburbs of Chicago IL

• I responded in your other post. 

But I found that weddingwire.com has great venue lists. 

Have you thought about Danada Farms in Wheaton?
  • Oh really? Okay good, I will check weddingwire then!  We have but one of our good friends got married there recently.
    Have you picked a venue yet?  Not as easy as I thought it would be...
  • I'm actually doing a destination wedding in Montana, so I'm really not much help. I'm trying to think of weddings I've been to around here...Danada Farms was really pretty. I've also heard of people getting married at the Arboretum...

Sorry I'm not much help!!
  • My wedding will be at Danada in June.  Its gorgeous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_vintagerustic-venue-in-west-suburbs-of-chicago-il?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:cea25842-f54f-45fc-9dd4-305199dd7640Post:92b4c390-a767-4507-ba90-a88b6d8dd492">Re: Vintage/Rustic Venue in West Suburbs of Chicago IL</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding will be at Danada in June.  Its gorgeous.
    Posted by melissanjoe21[/QUOTE]

Love the Danada house, good choice!  Our friends just got married there so it's not an option for us.
  • Have you looked into Four Rivers Environmental Education Center in Channahon, IL?  Its beautiful right on the river in the middle of McKinnley Woods.  They have a hall and a pavillion. They fill up fast though.  I'm having my reception here in November. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I came across this location when I was looking around for places to take engagement photos that had a barn (I think they had a steep permit cost, so we didn't do it there:)

http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/St__James_Farm.html

I don't know anyone who's gotten married there before, but I may have seen other brides post about it on the Knot. Good luck!
  • wow, thank you everyone!! These places look great.  Just a matter of fitting my 350 guests :)
  • As an FYI, I wanted to get married at Danada House in 2014. They are booked solid with contracts every Friday and Saturday from May-November 2014. :( Sad, I know.
  • Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook can fit 300. We invited 325 and 275 ended up coming. It may be worth looking into! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards