California-Los Angeles

Santa Barbara Wine Country Wedding

Hi,
I am getting married in SB wine country at the Fes Parker Wine Country Inn. I would love advice from anyone who is planning their wedding in the same area. Any reccomendations for a wedding coordinator in that area or SB? Also, I am looking at the end of September. Anyone have their wedding in Sept or Oct? How was the weather?

Re: Santa Barbara Wine Country Wedding

• edited December 2011
    I got married at the 4 Seasons in SB. Just a heads up - vendors in SB are a bit more expensive than they are elsewhere. My wedding coordinator was Mary Anne Knox. She was amazing and worth every penny, seriously. You can look in my bio for a full review on her. She's from SB and lives there too so she knows pretty much every vendor in that area. My wedding was Aug. 29 and the weather was perfect! It does get a bit chilly at night but if you're indoors you don't have to worry about that. HTH!
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, my good friend was married at Fess Parker!  It was gorgeous!  I think her wedding was in Sept. or August.  It was a bit chilly that night and think she would have been better off with some shawls for guest or heaters outside.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011

I was a Fess Parker Doubletree bride on August 29th, 2008.  The weather was perfect on our big day...blue skies with some clouds during the day (made for a beautiful sunset) and then it was perfectly clear that night and nobody complained to me about being cold.  Our whole wedding was outdoors and we didn't use heaters either.

As far as a coordinator,  we worked with Debbie Hews of Debbie Hews Chic Events and LOVED her.  Couldn't recommend her enough.  She was the least expensive, built packages according to how many hours you needed her for, and evenw ith all of the details and DIY things we had at our wedding, she had it all under control! If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at summer0fstars at aol dot com.  Good luck!

• KCam556KCam556 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Mary Anne Knox. Sadly Debbie Hews has moved to the east coast.  Ashley with A Touch of Grace Events is also very good and probably the most affordable.  I can highly recommend either of these coordinators.  Fess Parkers is gorgeous...your wedding will be beautiful!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I had an unbelievable coordinator in SB.  Her info is in my bio. 
  • vjorge2002vjorge2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Santa Ynez in July!

I have  a friend coordinating it, but as far as vendors.
    We have Pure Joy Catering from Santa Barbara.
    Decadence Wedding Cakes in Buellton, Dawn is great.
    AMS Entertainment from Santa Barbara.

If you need any other info let me know!

Good Luck!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Than you so much everyone all the info is very helpful! I am going to contact a few of the recommended coordinators. The woman I've been considering is charging $1500 for just the day of and I think that is very high after looking around on these boards...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards