Nebraska-Omaha

Reasonable Flower Shops...?

Hi- I'm looking for any reasonable flower shops in the Omaha/Bellevue area. Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've checked at one location so far and the price seems rediculous for the small amount of flowers I'll have.  Only need the Bridal bouquet, throw, 5 BMs, and 3 corsages...

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reasonable Flower Shops...?

• edited December 2011

Honestly, Check out Costco.. not the glamorous flow shop you probably had in mind but they do a fabulous job.. Leah is amazing, knows her stuff, and is SOOO reasonable ( even cheaper than fake flowers!).  I am going with her!  I saw her do a presentation at a wedding show and was blown away. When I get home later tonight I will post her number..

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011

As long as I'm not paying an arm and a leg and my first born child, I don't care WHERE the flowers come from!  What flowers are you having?  I know I picked some of the more expensive ones -callas and orchids for me, callas for the BMs. And THANK YOU!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think Iam going to do Gerber daisies for the BM- 8.99 a boquet and roses for me 14.99/ dozen  super simple! The price on her Calla's wasn't bad either- I don't remember off the top of my head- I think it is on my sheet at home so I will look when I get home and post that if it's on there. and YW- love to share a good deal when I can!! she is super nice and has great ideas too!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, I didnt forget- i had a wedding related appointment yesterday (DJ- Yay!).

The name of the flower lady is Laci ( i know i said Leah- she only said her name once! lol) and her number is 402-639-7597

the prices listed for special orders that i have listed- in writing- are $15.99 for 2 dozen roses (5 bunch minimum), in a variety of colors.

Garden bunch (5 bunch min.) $8.99 these inlcude
    Gerber daises (9 stems)
    Tulips (1215 stems)
    Daises (oriental and asiatic) 5-6 stems
    Dendrombium orchids (which i love but am super alleric to) Frown (6 stems in lt purple, purple, or white.

much more! Sriously give her a call she is awesome and will work with whatever your budget is and try to work new ideas to compliment your colors.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have to be a Costco member to get these deals?  It actually might be worth it to get those kind of rates!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No, you do not need a Costco membership to order their flowers, but you do have to pay like $50 bucks extra.  There is a LOT of work that goes into ordering your own flowers. You have to proof them, cut them, and store them for a few days prior to the wedding. Then you have to tie all the bouquets and make all the boutonnieres. AND then you have to store them until the event.

Sometimes you can find independent designers who will do small, custom orders for you at reasonable prices. These people usually have their wholesale floral license and can order from the warehouses to save $$.  It's worth it to NOT have to worry about making your own stuff and using up all your precious days prior to the wedding by being knee-deep in flowers.

I know a guy Dustin who does this. Give him a call and see if it's a reasonable price for you. 402-509-8131
  • wishonastar01wishonastar01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_reasonable-flower-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:4897d87c-e5d5-474a-9ad4-be25a62bf308Post:b7b39060-170c-4c44-9aab-321e2c2d89e8">Re: Reasonable Flower Shops...?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I know a guy Dustin who does this. Give him a call and see if it's a reasonable price for you. 402-509-8131
    Posted by acnorman1[/QUOTE]

<div>If this is the Dustin who owns Creating Atmosphere - I would agree go with him!  He is awesome.  Great work, affordable prices.  You won't be disappointed.</div>
  • edited December 2011

Beyond the Vine did mine...I had hydrangas with roses and I had four im my party 6 in my husbands party plus his flower plus the ring bearer and the flower girl had real petals all for around $400.00 and they did an awesome job. They are amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards