Favors

Christmas Ornament Favors?

Ok so I have a dillemma. My wedding is in May, but me and my fiance went on our first date Dec 26th. I have been looking for favors and there was nothing I liked. And then I thought Christmas ornaments would be a little toast to when we first met. But can I give those as favors for a wedding in May (nothing too Christmassy, just classical and elegant)? If I do give them, I would wrap them up in paper that matched our theme and insert a little note in the box stating that we met in Dec. Thanks!

Re: Christmas Ornament Favors?

• LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It'd be a little strange, but I'm a big fan of "do whatever you want."  Only thing about ornament favors - will all of your guests be some denomination of Christian?
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Larissa, do whatever you want.

Personally, 'm not a fan of Christmas ornaments as favors.  I probably wouldn't use them on my tree because I really don't care for an ornament with someone else's name/wedding date on it.  Also, I have many friends that are not Christian and/or don't celebrate Christmas so a favor like that would never work.

I might also give the side-eye to an ornament in May.  All of my Christmas stuff gets packed away in storage during the non-holiday season.  I'm not sure what I would do with it until Christmas.  Chances are, it would get lost or thrown away.
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it had your names and date on it, I would leave it at the table unless you were close family.  And since I would be getting it in May, I'm sure I would lose it before Christmas.  And if some of your guests don't celebrate Christmas, that pretty much leaves them out.  

But if it didn't have your names/date on it, and everyone celebrates Christmas, then go for it.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yea, sorry I should have mentioned, I'm not a fan of personalized favors. They would be different ornaments, so every few people would get different designs so no household  would have to have 4 or 5 of the same ornaments. But definately no names/wedding date. And everyone on my guest list is Christian.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think with your updated information than it would be fine.  I would probably give you the side eye, but if you really want to do it, then I saw go for it.
  • edited December 2011

I personally like the idea, because we do a non-matching tree, but there are some people who have all matchy-matchy trees that might not like something that doesn't go with their theme.

• edited December 2011
    I think this is a very cute idea.   At first people might not get it but including the note with the details would clarify anything.  Its a nice way of sharing more about your background and what is bringing everyone together on the day of your wedding.  Go for it!  
  • jensgf2010jensgf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try looking at some ideas on this website: http://tinyurl.com/ylln4qu You may just find some neat ideas that are appropriate for a May wedding....... Although, I think it is more about the message you are trying to send than the time of year you're getting married. If all of your guests are Christian, no problem....they all probably put up a Christmas tree then or decorate at Christmas and can use the favor then to remember your meeting date and marriage all at the same time! What a nice idea you have! Congratulations....I hope you find what you're looking for!
  • edited December 2011
    I like your idea, but then again I am getting married in December. I totally agree with the " Do whatever  you want." It's your wedding. Kind of like what I am doing... I am giving tiny gift bags with wild flower seeds in them, including a note of appreciation for sharing our day. So I am giving a favor that is more of a springtime wedding than a winter wedding, yet again I'm doing what I want. Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards