Michigan-Detroit

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• edited December 2011
    I confess that I procrastinated on a semester long project worth 35% of my final grade. I pulled an all nighter... I'm finally done and it's due in about 10 hours. Woo! I'm actually looking forward to tonight, because that means I'll sleep better because 1) I'll be so exhausted 2) One less thing to stress about!

Vent: I don't like worthless projects. I got nothing out of this. Even though it was supposed to be a "Personal Lifestyle Plan". If changing my lifestyle is REQUIRED for a grade, sure I'll fake it and blah blah blah. However, I did not benefit at all from this. 
  • edited December 2011
    Vents: My FI's brothers wife AND sister are both pregnant. His brother has a minimum paying job and is about as reliable as a fly. They have no money and are irrisponsible. They remind me of the train wrecks on teen mom. His sister and her husband have 2 kids. She is the only one working because hes a full time college student for life and she works minimum wage at $9 / hr. She can't even take care of the 2 she has, let alone raise another one. What the hell is wrong with people? I seriously just want to punch them all and tell them to get some damn sense.
  • Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FI and I have finally settled on a place to live and though it was out of our initial price range, it's a great apartment.

Confession: I'm finding it rather depressing/bittersweet to make this decision and give my notice to my current landlord. I've lived on my own for the last 5+ years and even though FI is at my house almost every night, I still like the idea of my own place. I also love my apartment and am sad to give it up, even though the apartment we're moving into is cool in it's own way.

My mom advocated for FI and I not moving in together earlier because she didn't want me to give up my independence too soon in the relationship. And while I get I can still be independent, I'm really feeling her words these days. Never again will I live alone -- that's a big deal!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Meegles, I felt the same way! I had my own place for 8 years and I felt like I was breaking up with my landlord! Even though I was trading in my closet-sized apartment for a nice house I still felt sad because that part of my life was officially over. Confession: I bought seasons 1-3 of the Rachel Zoe Project and watched them marathon-style last night instead of doing laundry.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:0cf0dfa6-6cc1-48ce-b503-641de7024af6">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vents: My FI's brothers wife AND sister are both pregnant. His brother has a minimum paying job and is about as reliable as a fly. They have no money and are irrisponsible. They remind me of the train wrecks on teen mom. His sister and her husband have 2 kids. She is the only one working because hes a full time college student for life and she works minimum wage at $9 / hr. <strong>She can't even take care of the 2 she has, let alone raise another one. What the hell is wrong with people? I seriously just want to punch them all and tell them to get some damn sense.</strong>
    Posted by TheFutureMrsB81[/QUOTE]

<div>For one.. $9/hr isn't amazing, but it's not minimum wage. Just throwin' that out there. Second... OMG REALLY? Why do people who cannot afford to have kids continue to multiply?</div><div>
    </div><div>A married couple I know is sharing a trailer (is mobile home a nicer term?) with the girl's mother. No, they're not taking care of the mother. The mother is taking care of them. They had 1 kid and the wife specifically wanted to be nothing more than a stay at home mom while her husband worked (I think part time) at a gas station. They loved their kid and made another one. So, it is currently the 2 of them and their 2 kids all sharing 1 room in a trailer, and the trailer is is shared with the wife's mother (and dad or stepdad?) and her brother lives there too. 7 humans in a mobile home. Is that common? I wouldn't know so I'm sorry if I come off as an idiot but I thought they were generally 2-bedrooms?

It just rubs me the wrong way... if you are "responsible" enough to marry, and "responsible" enough to have kids... be responsible and support yourself and your family. *Side note; this is NOT against any married couples who live with their parents because of medical issues or they're saving up for a house or something. This is simply because the wife refuses to work and move out. Sorry if I've offended anyone.</div>
  • Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession:  I really need to get designing and ordering our wedding invites.  And I just keep procrastinating.  I am excited to get married.  I have been excited about centerpieces, my dress, etc.  But invites just don't excite me at all for some reason.
  • edited December 2011
    Vent: I have a 35 page "care plan" due for my medical surgical nursing class in approximately 25 hours. I have been working on it non-stop for about a week and am still not done. I think my brain is literally fried from staring at the computer screen and my hands hurt from typing so much over the last week! Hopefully I can finish it by later afternoon so I can relax!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I feel awful because I keep getting mad at DH about stupid things.  I'm not working, so I am home all the time and honestly have way too much time on my hands.  Since we moved to GH, I have barely left the house without him. 

I am also frustrated about my weight right now.  Living in Rochester, I worked at a health club so I had a free gym membership to an amazing gym and I worked with a trainer for free.  Now that I am sitting on my ass at home, I feel so lazy and can tell that I am not as healthy as I was.  I don't want to join a gym until I have a job because that is one more bill I would have to commit to.  Last night I got bitchy with DH because he can pay $100 per month for cigarettes but we can't pay $30 for me to join a small gym....or $50 for us to do it together.  I understand he is the one working but throughout our relationship I have been the one with the primary income and have been able to help him out with things. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:79272a50-9b18-4c83-b232-103408cc97d1">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel awful because I keep getting mad at DH about stupid things.  I'm not working, so I am home all the time and honestly have way too much time on my hands.  Since we moved to GH, I have barely left the house without him.  I am also frustrated about my weight right now.  Living in Rochester, I worked at a health club so I had a free gym membership to an amazing gym and I worked with a trainer for free.  Now that I am sitting on my ass at home, I feel so lazy and can tell that I am not as healthy as I was.  I don't want to join a gym until I have a job because that is one more bill I would have to commit to.  <strong>Last night I got bitchy with DH because he can pay $100 per month for cigarettes but we can't pay $30 for me to join a small gym....or $50 for us to do it together</strong>.  I understand he is the one working but throughout our relationship I have been the one with the primary income and have been able to help him out with things. 
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel that this is a valid argument. btw, YGPM, ally ;-) </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I started a new job at a bar to earn some extra cash for wedding stuff. I didn't get home until 2:30 and couldn't fall asleep until after 3. I slept through my 7:30AM class--the first time I've missed it all semester. I feel GUILTY!!!! Not only that, but I have yet to open a book and study this morning. I need to shake this laziness & get moving!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:4ade067d-4d71-4a77-a6ac-0e42b1cd5bef">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : I feel that this is a valid argument. btw, YGPM, ally ;-) 
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I felt it was a valid argument too.  and YGPM back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sparkles776sparkles776 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    vent: I am pretty sensitive, but feel I have a valid reason to be upset. On thanksgiving, we went to future in laws, FMIL has placecards at the table, my name was spelled incorrectly. I do not have a difficult name to spell really (allie). I wouldnt care if FI and I hadnt been together for very long, but we are going on 5 years now, and I am going to be your daughter in law. To me it is just lazy, if she truly was unsure of how to spell my name, call FI. I have also been to other holidays at their home, including thanksgiving before and my name was always spelled right.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Sparkles, I'd be pissssssed. If it has been 5 years, that is absurd and there's no excuse for it. Ugh. I'm annoyed just thinking about it. 

I know a bajilliion Meg's.. Megan... Meghan.. .Meagan... Meagahn. BLAH. I wrote the placecard for my cousin's 9 year old daughter and day-before the wedding I realized it didn't look right. However, I doubt they really cared. 

• edited December 2011
    I confess that I spent a large portion of my morning watching the Fred Meijer funeral online.

Vent: My FI is laid off right now and has been staying up till 4am every night BSing on the internet and it irratates me because 1.) When he finally comes to bed at 4am he wakes me up from my deep sleep and then I sleep like crap the rest of the night, 2.) He should be going to bed at a "reasonable" hour (before 2am) so that he can get up and start his day and actually DO stuff instead of just sitting around online.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:718a6b30-d013-4ca7-8df3-d19420bde3d1">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Second... OMG REALLY? Why do people who cannot afford to have kids continue to multiply? A married couple I know is sharing a trailer (is mobile home a nicer term?) with the girl's mother. No, they're not taking care of the mother. The mother is taking care of them. They had 1 kid and the wife specifically wanted to be nothing more than a stay at home mom while her husband worked (I think part time) at a gas station. They loved their kid and made another one. So, it is currently the 2 of them and their 2 kids all sharing 1 room in a trailer, and the trailer is is shared with the wife's mother (and dad or stepdad?) and her brother lives there too. 7 humans in a mobile home. Is that common? I wouldn't know so I'm sorry if I come off as an idiot but I thought they were generally 2-bedrooms? It just rubs me the wrong way... if you are "responsible" enough to marry, and "responsible" enough to have kids... be responsible and support yourself and your family. *Side note; this is NOT against any married couples who live with their parents because of medical issues or they're saving up for a house or something. This is simply because the wife refuses to work and move out. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

This must be so much more common than we think! My FI has some pretty bad taste in the company he keeps sometimes, one of his friends is dating a woman significantly older than him who lives in a trailer, has 3 kids from 3 different dads and DOESN'T work because she is on disability for being "bi-polar"...it is complete and utter CRAP because she just spends her money on vicoden and other drugs and drinks too much. It pisses me off that MY taxes go to pay for a waste of space like that. Not to mention her poor kids do NOT get the attention they need. Should be a criminal offense.
  • edited December 2011
    Vent: We had a meeting with the landlord at our townhouses yesterday, and because there was not power at their office (or our place) they closed the office down.  I understand closing the office down because of no power, but you should have at least let us know that there would be no meeting to attend.  H took 2+ hours off of work to come to the dang meeting and now he won't get paid for those 2 hours, and will have to take another 2 off to reschedule the meeting. UGH.

Confession: I secretly was loving that there was no power at our house.  It gave me an excuse to light a bunch of candles around and cuddle up to him because we had no TV/Xbox/Crafting to distract us.  Just him and I. :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:926425f0-d8b7-4e8b-9a7c-1e443d512ff6">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : This must be so much more common than we think! My FI has some pretty bad taste in the company he keeps sometimes, one of his friends is dating a woman significantly older than him who lives in a trailer, has <strong>3 kids from 3 different dads</strong> and <strong>DOESN'T work because she is on disability</strong> for being "bi-polar"...it is complete and utter CRAP because she just spends her money on vicoden and other drugs and drinks too much. It pisses me off that MY taxes go to pay for a waste of space like that. Not to mention her poor kids do NOT get the attention they need. Should be a criminal offense.
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>1st bolded part -- I took a second job in the summer for wedding money. My boss had 6 kids from 6 different females. The "joke" was I was going to make it 7. I did not appreciate that spreading. Ugh. 

2nd bolded part -- A friend of mine was shot 2 years ago and is in a wheelchair. He's going to physical therapy to re-learn how to walk but other than that he sits around his apartment all day long and collects disability checks. Yes, I feel bad he got shot.. but he could at least be a greeter at Meijer or something. (It was the first job that came to mind with someone in a wheelchair). It bothers me. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Additional confession: I drank before class last night. I giggled a lot, which was totally cool because we were supposed to be working together or in groups or whatever so it was okay for there to be talking/noise. Is it wrong that I appreciated making the class more enjoyable for myself?! (And no, I didn't drink because of the class)
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I got back from the conference the day back I broke a protocol.  I ended up saving a life by breaking the protocol but my boss sees it only as breaking a protocol.
    Long story short, I still have my job but now I feel like he doesn't trust me at all.  Everytime I tell him what I'm doing he treats me as if I'm an idiot and he has to explain things the way he'd explain them to his 2 year old.  Then we end up agreeing on what I said in the beginning.  He also keeps bringing up the fact that if I mess up I can't get an outstanding letter from him and if I make any more mistakes my job will be in question.
    Meanwhile, the postdoc leaves early, isn't doing much, and makes me pick up his slack.  I'm tired of it, talked to him about it, and he FINALLY sees my point after complaining to him about his laziness for the past oh... 6 months.  He's still lazy but has stepped it up since our first conversation about it 6 months ago.  My boss loves him and plays it up as he can't do anything wrong.  I'm not jealous of the postdoc, just frustrated.

I've also been questioning my future lately and this is just making it worse.  I don't know if I want to do any more years of school anymore and one of my references didn't do the letters and is out of the country, out of contact for the next 2 weeks so 1/2 of my applications were just wasted since they need everything, including his letters, on Thursday.  Mostly I'm debating on school because I found out that the project that I was going to do for a nobel prize worthy study, was scooped; the research is being done in Japan.  The other stuff I wanted to study has a ton of research on it and I think that I'm late to the game so there that goes too.  Then there is funding.  Funding currently sucks in science. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:90a3e626-7b52-4459-b2a7-237c9c3646ae">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I got back from the conference the day back I broke a protocol.  I ended up saving a life by breaking the protocol but my boss sees it only as breaking a protocol. <div>
    </div><div> Mostly I'm debating on school because I found out that the project that I was going to do for a nobel prize worthy study, was scooped; the research is being done in Japan.  The other stuff I wanted to study has a ton of research on it and I think that I'm late to the game so there that goes too.  Then there is funding.  Funding currently sucks in science. 
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

</div><div>YAY FOR SAVING A LIFE! Go you! Sorry you get the shaft for breaking protocol. 

Out of curiousity... What was your original research project topic (that is now being studied in Japan)? </div>
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:2ad7f63c-0dd3-482c-9c81-4a24363f0019">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Out of curiousity... What was your original research project topic (that is now being studied in Japan)? 

I found an animal model to help cure Alzheimer's. 
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:4ade067d-4d71-4a77-a6ac-0e42b1cd5bef">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : I feel that this is a valid argument. btw, YGPM, ally ;-) 

Seconded.

My vent/confession: DH has been away on business for two days (actually, he was on business for one day and got snowed in in Indiana  the second day).  He just walked in the door 45 minutes ago, and I greeted him in lingerie.    He literally dropped his keys when he saw me, and jumped right into a minute or two of kissing.  When I attempted to escalate, however, he apologetically told me that he has a lot of work to do and didn't have the time to accompany me to the bedroom.

REALLY???  You haven't seen me in two days and I greeted you in lingerie and you're turning me down???  I'm not really handling this well.  I realize how bitchy this is, because I turn him down all the time (because I'd like to, you know, sleep and/or eat at some point throughout the day, and if it were up to him that wouldn't happen).  But...really???  The man works out of the house.  He doesn't have set working hours.  And even if he did, he'd get a 15-minute break once or twice a day.  Spending it on saying hello to your wife doesn't seem too out of line.  Especially when she obviously went to extra trouble to seduce you.

I'm cranky.  />:[
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sparkles776sparkles776 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Milsey- I was pissed! FI is very defensive of his family and told me I was overreacting, that his mom was just bad with names. He talke to her about it the next day and told her it really embarassed him and hurt my feelings. Apparently she feels bad, so we will see if my name is spelled right at Christmas eve! There is nothing wrong with having an occasional drink before a night class. Especially if it makes the class more tolerable and enjoyable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Meg - I want to tell you how amazing you are.. but part of me really envies your intelligence. I don't think I could ever think of anything like that. Ever. YOU ROCK. I was gonna end this with "Damn Japs" but I don't want people being offended. Soooo... GO USA!

Melissa - Ummmmmmmm wtf. I'd be whiney too. DH is gonna be gone for a couple weeks in January. I'd debating how to handle the situation, haha, and if I should plan for an awesome return home. 

Sparkles - A big pet peeve of mine is when I see people write on someone's FB wall and spell their name wrong. For example, my cousin's name is Kellie and I've seen people type "Hey Kelly --- " and it's like dude, her name is RIGHT THERE. you can't jack it up. 
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meg you rock saving a life is better than any protocol so your boss can kick rocks with no sock!

Dont give up on school you are seriously one of the smartest people EVER so continue to ROCK!

I confess that my DH is going out of town for a week and I am secretly excited. I am sure I will miss him but I can sleep in the middle of the bed and eat all the super spicy food that I want. I can watch crappy TV without feeling quilty and since I cleaning the house on Sunday it will actually stay clean for longer than a day :) Does that make me a bad wife its only been 3 months?
  • edited December 2011

Confession: I just won a bet at work of when a particular employee would quit. We knew it was coming as soon as he was hired. We make our own fun at work :) I bet on Thanksgiving and I WON :) Totally not a nice thing to bed on and i feel slightly guilty- but it's not like I had anything to do with this person quitting.

• edited December 2011
    I confess that I am terrified to start dress shopping. I have put it off in hopes to be in better shape but it just can't wait any longer. I'm scared I won't like anything I try on because I will only see how unhappy I am in my skin and feel totally uncomfortable.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that reading all of the married ladies comments on here, when they are complaining about their DHs, makes me feel so. much. BETTER.  I've been feeling like the only woman on the planet who gets married and is frustrated with their husband in the first few months.  I'm so relieved others feel this way too.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:61ebff49-8283-40b7-aecd-ee3c0d0a6991Post:fd3930ef-46b5-4b8c-b050-76cb1f4aa6be">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I am terrified to start dress shopping. I have put it off in hopes to be in better shape but it just can't wait any longer. I'm scared I won't like anything I try on because I will only see how unhappy I am in my skin and feel totally uncomfortable.
    Posted by Rie1023[/QUOTE]

I had an amazing experience at Bombshell Bridal Boutique in Saint Clair Shores. If you're a bit curvy they cater to your needs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards