Maine

Recommend your photographer! (Portland)

Hi,

My fiance and I are from Boston and have recently decided to get married in Portland on 8/14/2011.  Yay! 

Now that the venue is booked, I want to find a fabulous photographer.

Who are you using???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recommend your photographer! (Portland)

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Michelle McDougal - www.michellemcdougal.com

She's based in Bath, which is about 30 minutes north of Portland.  Two of her children have been my students, which is how I know about her.  She's really nice and incredibly talented.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Birch Blaze Studios out of Porstmouth, NH.  I looooooooove their work!  They are a husband and wife team and are some of the sweetest people I have met.  Another girl from the Maine board booked them off my suggestion, and I know she was really happy too.  Check out their blog to see examples of their work.  http://birchblazephotography.com/
    Married 9.4.11
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Classic Photography, they are out of Boston but serve all of New England. My photographer is Josh, and we met him and his wife just before Thanksgiving for our engagement pictures, they came out beautifully. The packages are really good too.

On a side note, you are getting married on my birthday!

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.  I'm checking out those websites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Simply Mella Photography.  She is located in NH but willing to travel.  She will be shooting my wedding in Boothbay Harbor(an hour past Portland) in July 2011.  You can't beat her prices and her pictures are to die for! 

http://www.simplymella.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I just sent you a PM with some info.....
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Shannon Post Photography she live in Indiana but does wedding in Maine because she has family here! We love her.
  • lindylou79lindylou79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Curious as to where you are getting married in Portland.  We are trying to find a venue and are from Boston too.  It will be great to compare vendors once we get going!
  • edited December 2011
    Lindylou,

We're getting married at Grace.  It's a former church turned restaurant. 

Let me know if you want more info.  We looked all over Portland over Thanksgiving weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Jennifer Lamoreau she is out of Poland and has by far the best pricing and the best quality of work I've seen anywhere!! Good luck with your search!!
  • britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Michelle Mcdougal as well, she's so laidback and easy to work with. Very reasonable too!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Chris Linscott out of Portland... very nice guy, work looks great and very reasonable prices!
  • lindylou79lindylou79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    daniella303,
    thanks!  grace looks awesome but was a little over budget for us.  i think we're going with eastland park!
  • Becca403Becca403 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Russell Caron Photography.  He did the photography for a friends wedding and I LOVED it!  He came to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and got shots their too.  I highly reccomend him!  He's out of Falmouth.
  • scoviljscovilj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren Halvorson lives in Boston now but, she is originally from Maine! She travels and is absolutely amazing. 

Check out her website : www.lkhphotography.com
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_recommend-photographer-portland?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:9cead324-c2b1-4654-8cbf-b00999254b69Post:41ee40da-8333-422e-9410-723985823ebc">Re: Recommend your photographer! (Portland)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Jennifer Lamoreau she is out of Poland and has by far the best pricing and the best quality of work I've seen anywhere!! Good luck with your search!!
    Posted by jpickering8[/QUOTE]

<div>Be aware that with Jennifer Lamoreau, while her packages say "all" the photos taken on the wedding day are yours, in actuality, it's whichever photos she feels are best.  </div>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards