New York-Long Island
Options

My Review of Vendors for my Big Day!

CoolHi Ladies,

So I finally have a chance to write my review. For those of you just starting the process. I wish you happy planning. Never lose sight of the main goal (to marry that Hunk of yours and become one). Everything else is just sprinkles on top of the cake.

Venue - Larkfield Manor   (A+)
From the moment I first saw this place I knew it was perfect for us. The décor , people, and price were perfect. The food was excellent. Most people are still saying this was the best Filet Mignon they have ever had. They staff was a pleasure to work with. They always answered all my annoying questions with a smile. We had our ceremony on-site and this was one of the best decisions we made. We loved being able to just flow from the ceremony to the cocktail hour.  I had the best day of my life and it wouldn’t have been like that without the courtesy and professionalism of the Larkfield Manor. I worked with Marianne mostly and she was a gem! 

Transportation - Always In Style Limo
(B)
The limo driver was professional and timely. Inside the limo was nice and clean. The also have us some bubbly to celebrate with. I can’t say I saw outside much since I was shuffled in and out in order to get as many pics as we could before the ceremony. I suppose I’ll see pics when I get my proofs back. As for the vans we rented. I had some issues with them. Due to some miscommunication on their part, a few of my guests weren’t picked up until an hour and a half after the reception ended. And the only reason they came back was because we asked our driver (complimentary black car) to call and ask where the vans were.  

Photo / Video – Déjà vu Studios
I’ll complete this part once I get my proofs back. After all, that’s what it’s all about… 

Hotel – Melville Marriott
(A)
All of our guests really enjoyed the service and décor of the hotel. They gave us a complimentary suite for two nights. It was big enough for all the ladies to get hair and make-up done. Some of our guests even took advantage of the pool. Also, there was a bar open after the reception so the party continued there. 

Coordinator - Katie Berger (A++)
We used Katie for our  “Day Of” Coordination. She was priceless. She’s literally super woman. Any issue, problem, question, complaint you could think of she was always on top of it. She went above and beyond and I couldn’t recommend her more. She was also invaluable at the rehearsal the night before. For those who are on the fence about whether or not you want someone to help you the day of – I vote for “YES”. I had enough jitters running through me that day that it was such a relief to know someone was taking care of everything the way you wanted it 

Rings - Linny Shapiro
(A-)
We absolutely love them. She did a wonderful job. 

Honeymoon Travel - Nancy Finn at Island Getaways
(B+)
She gave us the best price for our Hawaiian Honeymoon. Our stay was wonderfulWe had a little trouble with the hotel transfers but I’m not sure if that was the travel companies fault or the Tour companies fault. All in all, we had a great time. We booked too many tours so I would avoid that if I were you. For the first 4 days we woke up at 6am everyday and spent most of the day “touring”.  

Hair – Nicole Parkinson
(A+)
She did an amazing and speedy job on about 10 of us including mothers etc. Everyone was very pleased and her prices were good as well. 

Make-up – Lisa Portier (Visionary Faces)
(A+)
Very knowledgeable and professional. She really cares about how you look.  

Lighting - C & C Special Event Production
(B+)

Hotel  Bags – Oriental Trading Company
(B+)

Veil / Tiara - Barrons Tri County Flea Market (A)
I bought a fabulous custom made veil and tiara here. I live about an hour away and it was so worth the trip. The price was also half of what I was being quoted at Macys for their crap.

DJ – Christopher Calip
(A++)
He’s a genius with turn tables. He normally DJ’s in NYC and we found him while out with some friends one night. We said “We have to get him for the wedding”. Best decision we made. The dance floor was never empty. And he never needed an annoying MC to harass people to get on the floor. The music spoke for itself. He also did an excellent job of catering the night to our musical tastes. We had a blast!  

That’s all I can think of as far as vendors go. If I have any updates I’ll be sure to post them. Let me know if you have any questions. It’s now time to pay it forward. Laughing

Re: My Review of Vendors for my Big Day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards