Virginia
Options

Engagement Pics in Botanical Garden?

Hello ladies!
I have been wondering if anybody has ever been to the botanical garden in Norfolk? Unfortunately my husband is going out on sea trials this weekend and I start duty, so we won't be able to go take a look together until late next month. I've heard both good and bad things about the locale, but does anybody have any specific input? We were hoping to take the pictures anytime late spring/early summer. Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Pics in Botanical Garden?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my engagement pictures done there!!

here are the ones that were taken there:

We had our e-pics taken at the beach as well though...I would have more pics for you but I've only gotten my teaser pics I haven't gotten them all yet!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've shot several weddings there and the place is beautiful. But be ready...they charge a fee for shooting. $75-$100 (the info is on their website). There are sooo many options for locations in the gardens...the place is amazing! Highly recommend the place!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your pictures are gorgeous, I love them! Thank you so much, you are my hero of the day! My husband also gave me a good bit of news last night: His trials were extended by a week, so we are definitely stopping by this weekend to go take a look! I defnitely want to see the rest of them once you get them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem!!!  The only thing I wished though is that we would have waited till May-ish to take them so all the flowers would have been blooming but it is sooo beautiful anyway!  I should be getting them back this weekend so I'll just post some more of them here!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    But even without the flowers, I still think they look marvelous- I think the fountain goes perfectly with him in uniform, and you in such a beautiful, understated dress; simple and elegant :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww thank you!!  Everyone thought we had gotten married and kept telling us congratulations!  haha it was funny!  

But I love him in his uniform, I practically had to force him to wear it, and he complained when he was wearing it, but when he saw the pictures he said he was happy he did because they turned out great!  Boys are so silly!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You too? He absolutely REFUSES to wear his uniform for anything (even though he promised me!), so we compromised by having him wear his suit for the wedding ceremony, and his uniform for the pics. I don't understand, don't they look so handsome? Silly boys, indeed! Maybe I can show him your pics to convince him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha Yea that was our compromise too.  Since he wouldn't wear them for the wedding he had to wear them for some of the engagement pics we did his uniform in Botanical Gardens and then we did jeans and black shirts on the beach!  Oh and I can't post the pictures but I can give you the link to look at them if you'd like

I'm going to send you a PM.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I had mine done there too and really like how they turned out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards