Offbeat Weddings

Sneaking Harry Potter into my Wedding

Hey All,

I'm a huge HP fan but I didn't want that to be the theme of my wedding. I found a link about another bride making a paper bouquet using pages for her favorite HP book so I decided to do the same. But I just couldn't bring myself to cut up my favorite book! So instead of doing it myself I found a wonderful vendor on etsy to do my dirty work for me. I'm super excited to have the HP pages in the bouquet and in the buttonniere. I can't wait for it to get here!

Re: Sneaking Harry Potter into my Wedding

• Awesome! and if you get bored in between pictures you can get in some reading! haha
  • I was actually thinking of doing that, but with Twilight, haha! Just the pages from Breaking Dawn that have the wedding scene in it.
  • that sounds awesome!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh boy. I don't know how i overlooked Harry Potter.
    Pretty sure I'm going to need to walk downt eh aisle to Lily's Theme. Or Hedwigs Theme. Or even to The Obliviation.

The whole course of my wedding just changed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sounds like a good idea! Can't wait to see it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thats an awesome idea! I was trying to think of a way to incorporate HP too. I honestly think I'm going to end up getting a tat of a does with the word always though and get some pics of it at the wedding or something. I heart HP!!! If you have any other ideas please share! Things like that are so fun! FI and I almost got LOTR rings for our bands. I'm kinda sad we didn't go that route.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_sneaking-harry-potter-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:40a5ed0b-7cfe-4f99-b5f7-7b80a4bf90a9Post:60ba2895-178e-4da7-ac06-7fa0488d9472">Re: Sneaking Harry Potter into my Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats an awesome idea! I was trying to think of a way to incorporate HP too. I honestly think I'm going to end up getting a tat of a does with the word always though and get some pics of it at the wedding or something. I heart HP!!! If you have any other ideas please share! Things like that are so fun! FI and I almost got LOTR rings for our bands. I'm kinda sad we didn't go that route.
    Posted by romamor4[/QUOTE]

<div>we did get the lotr bads! sooo dosent fit with doctor who but it was a necessity!</div>
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_sneaking-harry-potter-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:40a5ed0b-7cfe-4f99-b5f7-7b80a4bf90a9Post:ebff811e-acb2-48e6-8385-3919a90b3622">Re: Sneaking Harry Potter into my Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sneaking Harry Potter into my Wedding : we did get the lotr bads! sooo dosent fit with doctor who but it was a necessity!
    Posted by soon to be mrs pham[/QUOTE]

<div>Jealous!! I'm just hoping that they will come out with the diadem replica before the wedding!! Seriously!!</div>
  • How about MuggleNet's ideas for a Potter inspired wedding?

http://www.mugglenet.com/potterweddings/index.shtml
  • StephanieM22StephanieM22 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am actually using Half Blood Prince twice. It will be hallowed out to the begining page of the unbreakable vow. and used as a box for the ring bearer. The pages cut out while being hallowed are being used to make the flowers. 

Between me and my FI we have 2 of every book so I didnt feel too bad cutting one up but I understand not wanting to destroy your favorite book and having someone on etsy do the dirty work. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Like you all, i am an HP fan too! They way i am sneeking it in is in our edding bands. On the inside of my band it will say "Always" and his will say "Till the very end" Im so excited to be able to incorporate these into it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards