North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Reception Venues downtown Raleigh

Hi all, I plan to get married at a church in downtown Raleigh and would ideally love to have my reception downtown as well to keep it simple for our guests and family.  I'm looking to stay between $1500 and $2500 ($1500 ideally) and we expect around 150 guests.  I keep searching the internet but there are some places that I know exist that don't come up in web searches, so I'm thinking there may be even more out there? Also, I don't want an outside reception. Thanks!!

Re: Reception Venues downtown Raleigh

• MeganAngelaMeganAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe that you could do the reception at All Saint's Chapel for that amount of money.  That is where I am having my wedding and reception, and for both of those, it is on the top end of your money spectrum.  They have a downstairs reception hall that is really pretty.  Bare, but pretty.  It should be easy to decorate however you'd like.

There is also the Capital City Club and the Cardinal Club.  I'm not exactly sure of how much that price runs, but a friend recommended these for reception venues.
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mordecai is near downtown and is reasonable because it's a city park.  The Stockroom may be too expensive, but it's a cool venue.
  • lizachristianlizachristian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All the museums can accommodate that number of people, are indoors, and are the lesser expensive venues downtown.  I'm getting married at a downtown church and everything is downtown for me!  We're having a 200+ guest wedding and we chose Marbles.  Something unexpected with an outdoor courtyard if guests want to enjoy the fresh air.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_reception-venues-downtown-raleigh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:606Discussion:18b97b00-744c-4fb2-9dbb-40db2fd99c64Post:022c6907-fcc9-4fdf-b1e0-d08e341c00dd">Re: Reception Venues downtown Raleigh</a>:
    [QUOTE]All the museums can accommodate that number of people, are indoors, and are the lesser expensive venues downtown.  I'm getting married at a downtown church and everything is downtown for me!  We're having a 200+ guest wedding and we chose Marbles.  Something unexpected with an outdoor courtyard if guests want to enjoy the fresh air.
    Posted by lizachristian[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would check out Marbles. They do a lot of events. Especially proms and suchfor the high schools in the area.

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    angier is too far but to rent the vineyard is between 250 to 500

Gregory Vineyards.  but its so beautiful there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards