Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Ordered my dress

Since this got deleted yesterday morning and wasnt carried over from the retro board...

I ordered my dress on tuesday night! i think it really fits in well with my 50s inspirations. I'm planning on getting it changed to a sweetheart neckline and i added to black sash and i think it looks wonderful. i love it so much!

1117091934-1.jpg picture by GracefulMeadow86

House Renovations
Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image

Re: Ordered my dress

• Options
    Your dress is beautiful! I love it! I think it'll look even more amazing with a sweetheart neckline :)

• Options
    thank you!!!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

• Options
    That's gorgeous! I love that style of dress. Amazing! You look so happy!
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You're glowing in that.  The black sash definitely makes it, eh?  Congrats on such a big check!!!!! 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I love you dress! Do you mind if I ask who makes it/model?
  • Options
    sure! its Davids bridal CT 2406. the only one i found there that i actually liked - it feels way more well made than some of the other ones i tried on there.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

• Options
    I think it's absolutely gorgeous. I actually tried that gown on, and it sparkled everywhere! It's beautiful!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Options
    I ordered the same dress and I am also planning on changing it to a sweetheart neckline.. Do you mind posting a photo of it after it was altered?  David's Bridal told me they wouldn't cut the dress to make it into a sweetheart, and the only thing they would do is sew the middle down.  Did you get it altered through David's Bridal?  I'm probably going to go somewhere else but I'm not sure if I'm daring enough to actually cut into the dress.   I also don't know  if I would need extra lace trim to do that and where to get lace that would match.  Thanks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_ordered-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:0142e76b-5cfe-41f5-8cb4-41c1995cd331Post:bceb7140-9e80-4ed1-8ec1-932c9ee3d059">Re: Ordered my dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered the same dress and I am also planning on changing it to a sweetheart neckline.. Do you mind posting a photo of it after it was altered?  David's Bridal told me they wouldn't cut the dress to make it into a sweetheart, and the only thing they would do is sew the middle down.  Did you get it altered through David's Bridal?  I'm probably going to go somewhere else but I'm not sure if I'm daring enough to actually cut into the dress.   I also don't know  if I would need extra lace trim to do that and where to get lace that would match.  Thanks!
    Posted by Simmoore88[/QUOTE]

I think in the end she ended up not getting the neckline changed.  She has lots of photos in her married bio (if you look in her signature, click where it says "married bio"--it will like you to another website full of her lovely pictures!).
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    You're right.. has anyone else had this dress changed to a sweetheart neckline?  I'm pretty set on it.  David's Bridal pinned it down with a safety pin to show me how they would do it and it looked really bad.  The two "peaks" were too close together when they were pulled towards the middle.  I think the only way to do it would be to actually cut it so the peaks are far enough apart...
  • Options
    Very pretty,I love the black slash!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards