Texas-San Antonio

Church and Reception for under $1500 in San Antonio---CHEAP INEXPENSIVE WEDDING VENUE

Hello! I am getting married in August. I am starting to look for a venue and I am very cost savvy. I have the money to pay for more but I am trying to do this debt free! It's a challenge! Okay so here is what I can live with or without.
--I have to be married in a church, any is okay as long as it is not Catholic. It needs to be architecturally attractive. Must have a sound system of some sort.
-- the reception site must be inside. I am concerned for about heat issues for older adults and lots of dancing bodies.
--I would like to be able to dance.
--I will have up to 70.
--I will be serving a simple meal of buffet fajitas.
--I will need a reception site that is attractive that doesn't have posters hanging or that "fellowship hall feel"
-I am willing to be married in a church and have the reception at the church reception hall if it is not too "depressing looking"
I am hoping someone knows of a few places. I have been looking for awhile now. PLEASE help me! All of you who attend those churches out there? What do your fellowship halls look like? Would they be okay for a reception?

Someone give me the inside scoop?

Thank you.

Re: Church and Reception for under $1500 in San Antonio---CHEAP INEXPENSIVE WEDDING VENUE

• In Response to <a href="http://sanantonio.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_church-and-reception-for-under-1500-in-san-antonio-cheap-inexpensive-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:db9e0ad4-9501-4fbb-b009-d6ccd064fb88Post:56cb023e-6c1e-43cb-a101-c914aec0647b">Church and Reception for under $1500 in San Antonio---CHEAP INEXPENSIVE WEDDING VENUE</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I am getting married in August. I am starting to look for a venue and I am very cost savvy. I have the money to pay for more but I am trying to do this debt free! It's a challenge! Okay so here is what I can live with or without. --I have to be married in a church, any is okay as long as it is not Catholic. It needs to be architecturally attractive. Must have a sound system of some sort. -- the reception site must be inside. I am concerned for about heat issues for older adults and lots of dancing bodies. --I would like to be able to dance. --I will have up to 70. --I will be serving a simple meal of buffet fajitas. --I will need a reception site that is attractive that doesn't have posters hanging or that "fellowship hall feel" -I am willing to be married in a church and have the reception at the church reception hall if it is not too "depressing looking" I am hoping someone knows of a few places. I have been looking for awhile now. PLEASE help me! All of you who attend those churches out there? What do your fellowship halls look like? Would they be okay for a reception? Someone give me the inside scoop? Thank you.
    Posted by follish[/QUOTE]

ck the schulenburg area i have been looking for my son and i was told there is an old church there that is old feel to it and there are several places for receptions there we are going this spring to ck area out let me know what you think
  • ck schulenburg area old church there with old time feel is what i have been told we are gointg this spring for my sons wedding let me know what you think we are trying to do his for that price also but if you find a place please send me a note

donnd
  •  ck schulenburg area old church there with old time feel is what i have been told we are gointg this spring for my sons wedding let me know what you think we are trying to do his for that price also but if you find a place please send me a note
    we would also do outside wedding
    donnd
  • I will have my ceremony at Alamo Heights Presbyterian Church. I know to use the church is $1000 and the reception area is $500. The church is gorgeous and has a lot of history. I really love the stain glass windows and the amount of light that comes through the ceremony area is amazing.
  • I will have my ceremony at Alamo Heights Presbyterian Church. I know to use the church is $1000 and the reception area is $500. The church is gorgeous and has a lot of history. I really love the stain glass windows and the amount of light that comes through the ceremony area is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards