Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Wedding day routine?

The day of your wedding what is your plan?

Bath? Shave? Exfoliate?

Re: Wedding day routine?

• I'll be showering, but won't be doing any extra special things as far as hygiene. I'll be waxing beforehand so I won't have to worry about shaving. I'd be worried to do anything to rough or drastic the day of.
  • I showered and shaved the morning of because I like the feeling of freshly-shaven legs and wanted them to be extra smooth. Otherwise, I had breakfast and went to the salon. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I showered and shaved, but I had gotten spray tanned 2 days before so exfoliating was not on my list since I didn't want to exfoliate my spray tan off. 

Other than spend longer than normal doing my makeup (I DIYed my makeup), I went and got my hair done, but I didn't really do anything else out of the ordinary.  I got a manicure and pedicure the day before the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I'm getting a brazilian a few days before, so just shaving my legs really.
    Mani and pedi the day before, and getting my hair touched up the day before that.
  • Showering, applying my hair treatment stuff, doing a quick blow out on it, shaving and hopping in the tanning bed quick just to have that glow...thats about it...
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    On my wedding day I just showered and shaved and applied moisturizer to my face.  That was it.  The week of, I got a brazilian, eyebrow wax, had my nails done, a spray tan, and the day before my wedding, a pedicture and massage.
  • I am planning to shower and shave my legs. I'm not going to wash my hair b/c my hair does not hold styles well when it's freshly washed. I won't be exfoliating on the wedding day, b/c I don't want to look irritated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not getting married for another 81days but have had a good idea of how I want the week before to go for a good while now.

In the week of, I will be having the last of my Glycolic Peels, getting my Waxing & Tiniting done, doing one or two of those Blackhead Removing Nose Strips, Exfoliating & Moisturising plenty so I am super duper Smooth & Radiant (hopefully!!!),  going on the Sunbed a couple of times (but covering my face as usual - don't want wrinkles!) and having a Tip to Toe Massage etc etc...

The day before I will be having a Mani & Pedi, Washing my Hair & using a Conditioning Mask, Exfoliating & drowning myself in Moisturiser!
    The Day of - Having a lovely Bath, Shaving, Exfoliating lightly, Moisurising, Having my Hair Done, my Make Up (by my Sister probably - she works for Dior), then travelling to the Castle and getting dressed there...

One thing I could use a little help on - does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get Dressed????  Haha - that sounds daft, but I've never done it as a Bride before!!!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_wedding-day-routine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:9954bd12-c140-42e1-9343-ef151c5d7523Post:01d55cd2-191e-4e31-894c-681a619c8b47">Re: Wedding day routine?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One thing I could use a little help on - does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get Dressed????  Haha - that sounds daft, but I've never done it as a Bride before!!!
    Posted by HollytobeStaffordSmith[/QUOTE]

I always tell brides to allow 20 minutes to dress and put on your accessories, jewelry and headpiece.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards