Virginia

Madison Loft and Terrace

Did anyone book their wedding here??  I got a call last night saying that they were no longer opening.  We had already put a deposit down and everything.  I'm just wondering if anyone else got the same call??
Photobucket

Re: Madison Loft and Terrace

• edited December 2011
    Yup, I got a call as well.  You are not alone.  Going today to get my deposit back.  Now, we have to start searching for a new venue:/
  • spencedmspencedm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so disappointed - I was really looking forward to the reception overlooking the city and loved the ideas of a fireplace and water wall.  I live in DC, so I have no idea what to do now.  I don't know the next weekend I'm available to even start the search over.  And all the places I found the day I found Madison, I was not impressed with, so I have to toally start from scratch.  Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I thought they were kind of unprofessional, so I'm not too surprised they screwed this up.  I wish they didn't have to screw it up for so many excited brides-to be, though.
  • edited December 2011
    I know I was pretty upset.  I loved the concept of the place and really loved what they are going to do with the venue.  But they were pretty unprofessional.  They were happy to answer my questions and what not but as soon as we put down the deposit the communication ceased.  I'm lucky being that I am still a year out from my wedding, but I feel terrible for anyone that was booked for this summer or fall.  I guess I'm just going to have to start looking for somewhere new.  I'll probably check out Half-Moone Cruise, and the Contemporary Arts Center
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Yes, I got the news too.  And I also agree that they were unprofessional.  It's because of a mistake they made that I had to change my wedding date (which was a pain!) and now this.  Communication was not great either.  Oh well...time to start looking for another venue!

• edited December 2011
    Hey ladies. I booked with the Madison in January for my wedding in December and I got the call yesterday. I feel terrible for everyone. But I have good news. Check out the water table. It's in Virginia beach. I just booked there. Deb is the owner and she's amazing. She made a special appointment with me tonight and sat with me for an hour making sure my questions were answered. Check it out.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that is terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to all of you, but at least you're far enough out to find something else. Best of luck to you!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_madison-loft-terrace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:c781f965-0546-43a5-bf93-bd0ddcfecf35Post:df717ca8-dfed-4a5c-83db-9f1dfb389f21">Re: Madison Loft and Terrace</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies. I booked with the Madison in January for my wedding in December and I got the call yesterday. I feel terrible for everyone. But I have good news. Check out the water table. It's in Virginia beach. I just booked there. Deb is the owner and she's amazing. She made a special appointment with me tonight and sat with me for an hour making sure my questions were answered. Check it out.
    Posted by jchap033[/QUOTE]

We booked the Water Table back in August for our September wedding of this year.  Love Deb- she's amazing.  We're super excited about the venue.  So sorry for those who missed out on the Madison Loft!!  It looked like it had great potential :(
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks! Good luck finding new venues ladies!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • asams01asams01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been trying to get in touch with them for a while now. Did they tell any of ya'll why they weren't opening?
  • Where did you all wind up going? I am really interested in a rooftop wedding and reception with scenic views. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards