Christian Weddings

Episcopalian weddings outdoors?

Hi everyone, We are considering getting married in the Episcopalian faith, and I was wondering if anyone knew if Episcopal ministers will do outdoor ceremonies? I'm new to the denomination and having trouble finding an answer online. From what I've found so far, it seems some will and some won't. Anyone have any better information? Thanks!

Re: Episcopalian weddings outdoors?

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can't you ask the officiant (priest?) from your church?

I'm not really familiar with the specific of the Episcopalian denomination, but since it varies from church to church, I think asking your specific church would be the easiest way to go about it.
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If what you are finding varies then definitely ask your pastor/ officiant/ priest if they will perform the ceremony outside. I am Catholic and I know a Catholic ceremony outside is as common as a striped giraffe. So not common at all. Asking is the quickest way to get a correct answer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately we are not getting married in the city I currently live in, so I can't ask my current minister. I'm in the process of trying to find a chuch/priest that will marry us in the city we used to live in (which was before I started attending Episcopal church).
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then I'd recommend you try phoning different churches in that area and ask them about it.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married outside and our Episcopal minister is very supportive of the idea.  It really comes down to the minister but I would also take into account what type of ceremony you plan to have.  If you are considering a full ceremony with communion then you need to think about how the minister will preform communion outsidie. Best of luck :o)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards