Delaware

Beach Wedding in Delaware (or MD)..

I am having some trouble finding places in Delaware (or Maryland) that offer beach wedding packages. I'm not looking for anyting fancy, just a simple sunset ceremony on the beach for our few friends and immediate family. If anyone knows of any places please let me know! Thanks so much! :-)

Re: Beach Wedding in Delaware (or MD)..

• edited December 2011
    Check out Lewes Yacht Club in Lewes, DE. Great venue and right on the beach. The town of Lewes is also a great place for guest with quaint shops, awesome resturants and a small town feel.
    Sarah
  • edited December 2011
    My friend Kerri had her wedding in Dewey beach. It was at a bar/club place that has its own private beach area. It was so beautiful, and the food was wonderful as well. I just txted her to find out the contact info for you!
  • edited December 2011
    The resturant/bar is called northbeach resaurant and bayside bar.. to see it you have to look at dewey beach life. click on the wedding tab. then select north beach.  Call Cindy @ 302 227 3888
  • MandyP86MandyP86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great! Thank you both so much for the ideas! I will be looking into them! Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Indian River...I believe it's a Delaware State Park, but they do allow weddings.

One word of caution about beach weddings in DE is that most of them charge a higher price, and since the beaches in DE are all public, you can't have it be a private ceremony.  Not trying to discourage you, just giving you some facts I have heard from other Knotties.  If you are okay with that, then go for it- it will certainly have some gorgeous pics!
  • MandyP86MandyP86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_beach-wedding-delaware-md?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:77Discussion:66f8f35d-70ec-4777-8fe0-c6f8c1dacdcePost:d9555d30-2370-40fd-9ca1-06563f874044">Re: Beach Wedding in Delaware (or MD)..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Indian River...I believe it's a Delaware State Park, but they do allow weddings. One word of caution about beach weddings in DE is that most of them charge a higher price, and since the beaches in DE are all public, you can't have it be a private ceremony.  Not trying to discourage you, just giving you some facts I have heard from other Knotties.  If you are okay with that, then go for it- it will certainly have some gorgeous pics!
    Posted by Ms.BriarRose[/QUOTE]

I did not know that none of DE beaches are private, that's certainly an important thing to keep in mind. Seeing as how I wouldn't be too thrilled if there were random people walking about during my wedding! Thank you for the information :-)
  • daizbydaizby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sounds as if yr wedding is small; if so, you don't want Indian River LifeSaving Station. It's v expensive, and not worth the cost for a small wedding. My daughter's getting married there because they are both "water" people and wanted a beachy reception; she fell in love with the place, but we were shocked at the high price just to have it there. Then u have to rent a tent and absolutely everything involved for a reception.
    Northbeach is cool.
    If u want v casual, there r pavillions to rent at Henlopen State Park, but then u have to bring in everything for food.

There's also The Addy Sea B & B in Bethany Beach

Also, if by "sunset" u mean u want the sun setting over the water, u need to do the Rehoboth Bay side because the sun doesn;t set over the ocean, it sets to the west.

We did a vow renewal on the beach at Cape Henlopen; v nice, tho there can be a lot of gnats if there isn't a breeze.

And FYI, the beach is a lot less crowded at that time of day, so there aren't as many people to walk thru, and people are generally respectful of weddings on the beach and don't walk rt thru.

Theres also the option of renting a beach-front house, and u can use the beach rt in front of it; altho, again, not "private" 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards