Hawaii

Steam and Press in Maui

Hello,

I have seen the one knotties recommendation for Vanessa Thompson at Silver Stitch for a steam and press for the wedding dress.
I am wondering if anyone else has any oher recommendations for a place to steam and press my wedding dress in Maui.
My coordinator gave my Elly's in Kihei but their yelp remarks are old  (2009) and mediocre.

I appreciate any suggesions and opinions!

Thanks!!!

Re: Steam and Press in Maui

• fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elly's does steaming, but they never replied my e-mail when I inquired about pricing.  I think L'amour Bridal Boutique does steaming (located in Kahului).

Quite frankly, I think Vanessa at Silver Stitch was the best pick.  Great prices and she's also such a friendly person.  She works out of her home, but very professional and great customer service.  You can see a few more reviews here:

• edited December 2011
    Our hotel said they send all of their bridal gowns to Valley Isle Dry Cleaning for pressing / steaming -- the treatment and price depends on the dress and fabric.  We didn't end up using them so I have no reviews -- my dress travelled fine when rolled and we just hung it in the hotel to straighten for a few days. 

I have heard mixed things about Elly's...just overall reviews about their service have been mixed so I wouldn't want to trust anything to them just in case something went wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards