New York-New York City

Best BBQ resturant for my reception

Does anyone have any suggestions for me, we want to go out for dinner after the ceramony, somewhere central Manhatten, then to a club after for dancing any suggestions on a resturant and bar?

Re: Best BBQ resturant for my reception

• edited December 2011
    I would totally head over to Blue Smoke - right on 26th btw. Park Avenue South & Lexington.  Can't help you with the club situation though...
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blue Smoke is a great suggestion. Its not my favorite BBQ food in the city, but its definitely the nicest atmosphere. It would be a nice place for a reception :)

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    blue smoke is great!.   i hear dinosaur bbq on 125th is a pretty hoppin place too
  • jayjoejayjoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Virgils (in believe its in the 40's) is my absolute favorite bbq place..its so good :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for the great suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a reception held in the downstairs private room of Blue Smoke and it was pretty great. I think you can only have the whole room during the day though since at night it's a jazz or blues club, can't remember which,

Hill Country BBQ also has a downstairs.

Dinosaur is my favorite BBQ in the city, but it's pretty far off the beaten path IMO and seems to be always super crowded.

Maybe you could also try Rub?
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards