Christian Weddings

Wedding Wednesday QOTD

How did you pick your wedding date? Any special meaning?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD

• Oct 13th is a bye week for Penn State football and my dad has season tickets... Like I'd want my reception interupted by checking the score etc  ? Nope... Like i could get married the day of the Ohio State game ?? Not a chance .... :)
    Love is All You Need
  • We started dating in July 29th and my parents got married in June. I've always wanted a June wedding. So it was orginally set for June 29, 2013. Then we started looking for HM places and were going to have to pay the holiday rate because of July 4th....So then we bumped it up a week...And changed the year...Sooo June 21, 2014 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was the only date in August available at the Reception Venue we wanted :O) (and it's the 25th.... I have this thing about numbers ending in 0 or 5 so, I'm glad we picked that)
    Anniversary
  • We originally wanted October, but everyone was telling us we were crazy because we wanted to have it outside. We live in a desert-ish area, so it really could have been fine. But we were also in school at the time and my parents thought that October + school was just a bad idea all around. So they told us to pick a date in the summer. We chose August 6th because it gave us a lot of time to plan, but still allowed us to take a HM and get settled in our apartment before school started back up. Also, we didn't even end up having it outside so that was a moot point :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • We picked the 26th because it was the only 26th of June available. :)

But really, we were both born on the 26th and wanted a June wedding. He is done with school for the quarter, so it worked out nicely.
    FSIL picked it.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • June 11th was about a month after my graduation so I didn't feel rushed getting last minute stuff done, and the week after MIL and 2 SILs (teachers) were done with school as well.  The next weekend was both Father's Day and DH's birthday, and we didn't want all 3 squished into the same weekend.

We also didn't want to wait any longer than we needed to because we were 1200 miles apart the last few months and that was just gettting old.  Even though we didn't know where DH would end up after his December graduation when we got engaged, we could not find one single reason to wait any longer.
  • We still don't have an official date, which I hate. But for us it's just so complicated between money and visas and will he get to come the US or just me go to India?

I really would love to get married on October 6th this year, because that's the Saturday of teh first week of October. My parents got married on that weekend and so did an aunt and uncle of mine. Both happy marriages, my parents will be married for 32 years.

But we'll get married when we do...we were both unemployed until recently, when Ryan got his job, and I became DETERMINED we'd be married before 2012 passes away. At first Ryan was a little freaked from the financial pressure of that, but recently he's been coming around and in fact today I was on the phone with him and said "I want to marry you" and he said "You will. This year."

:)

So I don't know when exactly. Maybe we'll do it in October. Maybe November. Maybe December. (It's unlikely it'd be before October.)  But it'll be this year, sometime, God willing!
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • We originally planned to get married in August between my undergrad graduation and when i started my grad program.  There came a time when we realized we didn't want to wait that long.  The next best choice was over Christmas break of my senior year, so that's what we did.  Then we looked at the calendar and it was between Dec 14 and Dec 21 - the two Saturdays before Christmas.  I did not want to get married after Christmas.  We decided the 14th would be better because it wasn't as close and voila! Date chosen.
  • We originally were going to get married in June 2013 but my parents put the pressure on to move it back a year and they offered to pay for a lot of it so I jumped on that.  I was looking at dates and decided I definitely did not want a saturday reception because pricing will be so much less on a friday or sunday.  I saw that there was a friday the 13 and just had to do it.  I know some people think oh superstition and what not but I think it is kinda funny.  I do not think it will forshadow a bad marriage.  It's our special brand of humor.  So we ended up with June 13, 2014 but it could change depending on venue and phtographer and such.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had the timeframe between his med school graduation (mid-May) and the start of his residency (July).  We didn't want Memorial Day weekend or Father's Day weekend or the weekend immediately before he started residency.  That left us with June 4 or June 11.  I don't know why we went with June 4 - maybe just because it came first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We chose June 18 because we liked that 6/18 are multiples of 3, and also to a lesser extent because H's birthday is two weeks before Christmas and my birthday is at the end of July, so I wanted our anniversary falls a little closer to my birthday.
  • We wanted a fall wedding on the water. Found the resort, found out their available weekends. Then we sat online and looked at the rain frequency vs cold temps and found the right weekend that way lol
  • No special meaning.  My H wanted it in the fall (Sept - Oct) but that didn't work with my teaching schedule, so we had to have the wedding and have 2 weeks for vacation before school started (Labour Day).  August 20th it was!  It wasn't a long weekend, gave us time off before Labour Day, and gave us time to plan.  June would have been less sweaty/hot but venues were booked up for then.
  • It was the day Max told me he loved me/when we officially became a couple.

On our wedding it will be 7 years to the day!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We picked ours because it was a three day weekend and it would be easier for our OOT guests to travel. There were a few options, but I didn't want to have a long engagement, so we picked a fairly close one. And we liked that the date is a palindrome. 11611. :)
  • We were shooting for Memorial Day weekend (5/26) but we couldn't find a venue. We knew our date needed a 6 since they have been important in our relationship (H's bday 1/16, my bday 2/6, met 11/23 <2*3=6>) When I called one venue, they mentioned having 6/2 available... that was it! It not only had a 6 in it, but it was my bday in reverse!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards