Washington-Seattle

Marriage license

Maybe a stupid question, but you apply for the license in the county you'll be getting married in, right?  We live in King but will be getting married in Snohomish.
Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
Married 7/10/10
Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
Anniversary

Re: Marriage license

• edited December 2011
    Hmmm....good question.  I don't know for sure, but I believe so.

We're going to get ours next week...and the damn site says "click here for hours" and then posts NO HOURS!! I hate that we have to go together to get it, hard to coordinate leaving work early to get there. Butting in on your post, how long does it take for the process? As in, if he gets to my office at 4, will that be enough time if it's only about 15 minutes to the office? LOVE that government offices are only open like 9 -5, when MOST people are working! Seriously, how do I get myself one of those cushy jobs. I didn't even think 9-5 existed anymore.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I *think* it doesn't matter what county you get it in as long as you get it in Washington & are getting married in Washington...  I am not positive, but I think Jennlin knows!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_marriage-license-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:914c536e-2d33-45a9-ac65-76a82ba49d0aPost:4d7d9cec-029d-46a9-ae70-f9e6b39bcff7">Re: Marriage license</a>:
    [QUOTE] I didn't even think 9-5 existed anymore.
    Posted by KST_[/QUOTE]

It does in a Dolly Parton song. ;)
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_marriage-license-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:914c536e-2d33-45a9-ac65-76a82ba49d0aPost:baa8644e-c7ef-4155-b0ff-4bcf5f415414">Re: Marriage license</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marriage license : It does in a Dolly Parton song. ;)
    Posted by Tygirljojo[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yes, I work 8-3:30.  Bwahahaha.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    No you can get your license in any county in Washington regardless and it is good for any county in Washington! :) Yea, good lucking finding the time to both go in there. Also, bring cash and make sure you know what state's your parents were born in. I think that's about it!
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha yes, jennlin knows.

any county is fine.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • jennlinjennlin member
    edited December 2011
    oh and depending on how many people are there....we had one couple in front of us, and it took about 15 minutes total.

• edited December 2011
    yes any county is fine. i hear that pierce county nicer ones than king county.. haha
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • stephparksstephparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can get it in any county, but i noticed where i'm getting married (Pierce) it cost $64, while where i live (Kittitas) it was only $32, so  i saved a few bucks and got it here.  

just something to consider. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we mailed ours in.  FI had already gotten a Cashier's Check for the amount and it was made out for Snohomish County.  Plus Snoho county lets you mail it in as long as it's at least 30 days out.  Anyone know how you know you have your marriage license?  Do they mail it to you?
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • jennlinjennlin member
    edited December 2011
    they're gonna have to mail it to you, because w/o it, legally the officiant can't perform the marriage. it's an acutal certificate thingy that says you can get married anytime after X date as long as it's before X.

• edited December 2011
    The office in Sammamish is open until 7pm, but is only open on Thursdays.  FI and I were going to go last night, but he wound up working on a project.  We have a few more opportunities to go, but I'd like to cross it off the list sooner rather than later!
  • edited December 2011

Got it.  Thank you!

Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards