Connecticut

Jerome at Studio1923

FI and I filled out a contact form on their website and were contacted by Jennifer the next day.  I went back and forth with Jenn through email several times and we set up a meeting a week later.  We both liked them very much and liked the quality of their work.  Jennifer sent me a follow up email about a week after our meeting wich I didn't respond to because we were planning on calling them a couple days later. We tried calling their cell phone number but got vmail and left a message for them to please call us back.  After not hearing from them we tried few more times (when we call the office number we get the answering machine right away). We left one more message and I wrote an email to Jennifer to see when is the best time to reach them/what number is the best to contact them at (this was last Thursday).... still nothing.  At this point I am getting VERY frustrated and I'm wondering if it's time to find a new photographer (we never committed to them because we never got a chance to talk to them again!).  I know they're liked around here and I have read nothing but good things but this is getting ridiculous....
Anyone have a similar experience? have any suggestions? TIA
May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image

Re: Jerome at Studio1923

• I feel like in late June, I'd give a vendor a break, especially if your wedding isn't for another year.  This is their busiest season, and they might also want to take a personal vacation.  I don't have a clue what the reason is for Studio1923 not getting back to you promptly, but I do know that they're under extreme pressure to deal with brides who are getting married this summer and to produce the photos from weddings they have attended in the past few weeks.  This isn't their business development phase, so I imagine their customer service for potential brides is probably a teensy bit better in, say, February & March than late June (as would any other wedding vendor).

It's obviously your call if you choose to move on.  I do know a lot of brides love them, I haven't heard any negative reviews from brides who have used them, and I myself almost booked them (but they were out of my price range, and I clicked really well with another photographer) and really liked their customer service and attitude.  Personally, I'd take a deep breath and try to have patience.  You seem to have emailed back and forth quite a few times, you apparently didn't respond promptly to them once, and so now they're the ones who are busy.  I'm sure they'll get back to you soon.

Anniversary

• SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I wouldn't worry to much about it.  My FI and I using RAW photo design and communication with their studio manager has been very touch and go since wedding season kicked into full swing.  Our wedding is a year away so I'm not too worried about it, the only thing I would like us to get done this summer is our engagement photos.  We have been going back and forth on a date that works for them and for FI and I and it's usually 4-5 days between emails so I'm thinking it's normal no one has gotten back to you just yet.
  • I'm FB friends with Jerome.....they've been on vacation for the past week or so (maybe more?)  I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about them (e-pics, wedding pics, Wear It One More Time pics).  Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Jerome by our side haha.  And working with Jen has been terrific. 
    I'm confident that if you haven't heard from them, it's because they've been away.

Good luck!
  • Vanessa that is good to know! I wish they set up one of those automated response thingies on their email or a message on their vmail.  I will wait for them to get back to me but in the meantime I am checking out other options.... thanks again! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_jerome-at-studio1923?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:62fa3bb8-862b-47ef-b09e-4f52d9cdb03bPost:33e2ea7b-25cd-460b-bfb3-815f8f814db3">Re: Jerome at Studio1923</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vanessa that is good to know! I wish they set up one of those automated response thingies on their email or a message on their vmail.  I will wait for them to get back to me but in the meantime I am checking out other options.... thanks again! :)
    Posted by marta119[/QUOTE]

No problem!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_jerome-at-studio1923?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:62fa3bb8-862b-47ef-b09e-4f52d9cdb03bPost:3cd89804-05e2-456a-9d9e-c9f3923c0e87">Re: Jerome at Studio1923</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm FB friends with Jerome.....they've been on vacation for the past week or so (maybe more?)  I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about them (e-pics, wedding pics, Wear It One More Time pics).  Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Jerome by our side haha.  And working with Jen has been terrific.  I'm confident that if you haven't heard from them, it's because they've been away. Good luck!
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

Ditto! They are on vacation! Their work is AMAZING! Just give it some time & I am sure they will get back to you when they return!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I agree with kls, their work is amazing. Wait a couple of days. 
    abc
  • Ditto to all of that....but if you don't hear from them on Saturday it's because they are at my wedding :)  Well, Jerome and Amanda anyway
  • As PP said, they're on vacation. I absolutely love them and highly recommend them!
  • Wow, Moonlight, your siggy is STUNNING!  Have you AW'd and I missed it?  Congratulations!

Anniversary

• I was wondering if that was your wedding.....Awesome picture!
  • edited June 2012
    I have not AW'ed on CT yet (just did on June 2012)... I will soon!
  • edited June 2012
    They took a vacation as a family for more than a week. I only know that because I was in touch regarding setting up my engagement photos in May.  You just happened to not follow up at the wrong time. Jenn always gets back to her emails and they get tons but I'm sure she'll be in touch shortly. So be patient bc they are worth it. They are wonderful.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Thank you for all your responses. 
    You put my mind at ease and Jenn did get back to me yesterday.
    I just wish they posted something either on their business fb page or set up a vmail message saying they were away but oh well, I'm just glad to be in touch with them again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards