New Jersey

Northern NJ Wedding Venues

I am recently engaged and starting to look at venues for my reception.  I would like to look at a bunch but there are soooo many in NJ and need to narrow down my search.  If anyone has any information on reviews, prices, etc. for wedding venues in Northern NJ, please advise!  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues

• smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What budget are you looking to be in per person? Are there any specific qualities you're looking for? That will help everyone suggest places that will work for you. And what do you consider Northern NJ?

and Welcome!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If you give us your budget and approx. number of guests it may help narrow it down a bit, there are just so many venues in Northern NJ
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Northern NJ - preferably Bergen, Passaic, Essex counties.. Approximately 150 guests... Price range from $100-$150 per head.. Please offer any suggestions, advice, etc... I am getting married in a church so no need for a ceremony facility, just a banquet hall... Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our reception was at The Tides Estate in North Haledon (Passaic County, I think?). We paid $80pp for a Saturday night in April 2010 and had 125 guests (it worked out to about $102pp with taxes and gratuity). This was for the downstairs banquet room ... they have an upstairs room with windows and higher ceilings for a higher price ... maybe Goaliegirl can fill you in about that room.

We also considered Costa Del Sol in Union. And Bridgewater Manor in Bridgewater was our second choice, but that's in Central Jersey so I don't know if you want to stay more to the north.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info.. I'll def check it out, never heard of Tides.  Were you happy with the overall service/reception, food, atmosphere, courtesy of the staff, etc??  Is there an area to take pictures or an outside area??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hiii...
    check out Macaluso is Hawthorne, NJ... beautiful ballroom.. has a grand staircase inside that is just magnificent... definitely within your budget and guest list...
    Also, check Seasons in Washington Township....
    The Tides in North Haledon is a beautiful estate...
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:600c8408-a204-4205-b813-b646d271424e">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the info.. I'll def check it out, never heard of Tides.  Were you happy with the overall service/reception, food, atmosphere, courtesy of the staff, etc??  Is there an area to take pictures or an outside area??
    Posted by jess4xo3[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was very happy with it. The food tasted good and there was plenty of it, and the staff members were all great.

They have a nice garden out back where you can take photos, although we personally didn't use it (we took photos at a park after the ceremony). There's also a big chandelier in the foyer that's popular for photos.
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:600c8408-a204-4205-b813-b646d271424e">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the info.. I'll def check it out, never heard of Tides.  Were you happy with the overall service/reception, food, atmosphere, courtesy of the staff, etc??  Is there an area to take pictures or an outside area??

We loved the Tides.  We used the upstairs room.   Our minimum was 175 though, so it may be a little big for you..BUT, they are great with negotiating.  So, I wouldn't count them out, definitely go see them, we loved it there.   We paid $100 pp for a Friday in August in 2009.  That included the ceremony and a bunch of extras that were thrown in.
  • edited December 2011
    michellemac14 - Thanks, do you know estimated prices on any of these venues?

goaliegirl & mbcdefg - Thanks, we will def check out Tides.. Went on the website and it looks beautiful, plus very reasonable...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ramsey Country club has an awesome brunch on the weekends.  I'm sure they could do it for a wedding. 
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    my best friend just got married at seasons and she paid $175 pp for 125 people BUT she was in the largest room and added everything on.  Her wedding was INSANE
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Ravello's in East Hanover and have been very happy so far.  We did a lot of research and site visits and felt that they gave us the best "bang for our buck" of all the places we looked at, and we went to a tasting and were very happy with the food.  There is a beautiful outdoor area for pictures also.  For a Friday night in November we are paying $110 per person (all inclusive) with a 100 person minimum, I believe that is their year-round pricing for Friday night.  If you want more info feel free to PM me, I'd also be happy to email you my venue spreadsheet with all of the info and pricing I gathered for several venues.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Stony Hill Inn on a Saturday night and it's about $150/person after taxes, etc.  The room holds up to 250, so 150 should fit very nicely in the room.  The cocktail hour room is gorgeous as well and they've been a pleasure to work with.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:a3eadb11-d3c8-48ce-a0fd-621efb9ffa9c">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]my best friend just got married at seasons and she paid $175 pp for 125 people BUT she was in the largest room and added everything on.  Her wedding was INSANE
    Posted by futuremrsdavies[/QUOTE]

Suprised she got the big room for only 125 people. When I spoke with them they said we would have to guarantee 175. Kudos to them for being great negotiators
  • edited December 2011
    Check out il Villaggio in Carlstadt, NJ. Not sure if they do brunches but you can find out with a quick phone call. Ask for Bob or John. Both are extremely nice and will accomodate any questions.
  • edited December 2011
    We negotiated at the Tides- upstairs room in April 125 min head count and $100 per person. Mayfair Farms, The Atrium & The Manor all fall in your range as well. Did you have a month or day of the week in mind? If you do off season Dec-March and a Sunday or Sat afternoon, you can probably get a high end venue for $150 :) Just food for thought! Valley Regency falls into your range and is incredible! So is Berkley Plaza, Bridgewater Manor- great reputation fyi, If you'd like more info please feel free to PM me :) I also have a list of places I dont reccommend, and can share that privately with you!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The Graycliff in Moonachie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    hey Jess!

for Macaluso's i was quoted $120 inclusive for April 2012... this included the viennese hour and a very extensive CH... min of 125

for Seasons i was quoted $150 inclusive for March 2012... everything in the menu they had online PLUS more was included... for the upstairs the min was 125 and downstairs (the bigger room) was 150

The Tides i believe i was quoted $85 (not including tax and grat) for March-April 2012... extensive menu for the upstairs room our min would have been 150....

hope this helps... my fave out of all the places ive seen (and i saw about 13)was Macaluso, however due to unseen circumstances i had to move my wedding up to Nov of this year and the PP was just not doable with the budget....
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What would a Friday at Seasons be per person on a holiday weekend(Mem Day)? I ask because I am attending a wedding there and need to put $ in the card!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:8b0a6d38-3688-4697-8f68-9ad22c6d74e8">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Graycliff in Moonachie
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Heyy thanks!.. I heard it was gorgeous.  Could you share the price range??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:198877c8-34da-483a-8462-441dbacf5d81">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]What would a Friday at Seasons be per person on a holiday weekend(Mem Day)? I ask because I am attending a wedding there and need to put $ in the card!
    Posted by maddie7[/QUOTE]

Seasons on a Friday on a holiday is probably going to be 150ish after tax and gratuity. When I talked with them they only had one date available and it was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend and I believe that was the price. I believe he was giving that saturday as a discount to normal saturday prices because I believe they normally run much higher than that.
  • vanillaxsugavanillaxsuga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I visited Seasons in February the price for a Friday night was $105 p/p not including tax, gratutity, or the viennesse hour.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:e5e04fa2-0022-431b-aa16-ad515f93e20d">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues : Heyy thanks!.. I heard it was gorgeous.  Could you share the price range??

Packages start at $80 pp.  We're paying about 100pp plus tax and tip (about $125 total) for their top of the line package for a Saturday in March.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:a5f6bbbf-92c7-49d0-82f9-2f140abff7d4">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out il Villaggio in Carlstadt, NJ. Not sure if they do brunches but you can find out with a quick phone call. Ask for Bob or John. Both are extremely nice and will accomodate any questions.
    Posted by Pharo47[/QUOTE]

I second!! :)
  • DeniseH33DeniseH33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats ..i just booked my venue for next year... searching for venue is can be stressful. If you have appox guest list, indoor or outdoor, and what type of style you looking for. give us where in nj ..and we will give you plenty info...
  • DeniseH33DeniseH33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    perona farms prices starts@ 90 I think, atrium in west orange, twin brooks, ridgefield regency, ravello, 
  • edited December 2011
    mine is at the manor in west orange .. june 2012 ; $85 pp + taxes and tips 150 min. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:04d6ba4a-54d8-42c3-b067-cac78adf7e29">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues : Seasons on a Friday on a holiday is probably going to be 150ish after tax and gratuity. When I talked with them they only had one date available and it was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend and I believe that was the price. I believe he was giving that saturday as a discount to normal saturday prices because I believe they normally run much higher than that.
    Posted by Pharo47[/QUOTE]
    I had to cancel my July 3rd wedding at Seasons. It was for the main ballroom, 150 guests, on a Sunday evening. The price was approx. 150's all inclusive. I'm not sure if that date was rebooked. But I highly recommend Seasons; they are simply the best with the quantity & quality of food and top notch service. They recently renovated and added beautiful lighting. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:094c40fc-462f-4aeb-a690-293da91e3310">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues : I had to cancel my July 3rd wedding at Seasons. It was for the main ballroom, 150 guests, on a Sunday evening. The price was approx. 150's all inclusive. I'm not sure if that date was rebooked. But I highly recommend Seasons; they are simply the best with the quantity & quality of food and top notch service. They recently renovated and added beautiful lighting. 
    Posted by michelle221[/QUOTE]

I've been to a wedding at Seasons and loved it!!... Great place, great food, etc..but kind of on the high end of my budget.. Going there tomorrow to get package prices... Thanks for the info...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-wedding-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0529920b-b725-4b96-b6f7-6aae86ec2dc7Post:e76e2413-83d9-4725-be3d-88968d35cdb0">Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Northern NJ Wedding Venues : Packages start at $80 pp.  We're paying about 100pp plus tax and tip (about $125 total) for their top of the line package for a Saturday in March.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Wow that's very reasonable.. I will be making an appointment to go check it out.. My brother went to a wedding there and said it was great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards