Wisconsin

Recommendations of vendors for a wedding in Lake Geneva

Hello All,

I am looking for recommendations in the following fields   ....

1. DJ
2. Photography
3. Video
4. Florist
5. Venue for Rehearsal Dinner (casual)

Thank you so much, it's hard to trust some of the vendors I have talked to!!  I appreciate the help!!

Re: Recommendations of vendors for a wedding in Lake Geneva

• edited December 2011

Melissa is a GREAT photographer, very easy to work with and just a great woman!

http://melissavinsik.com

Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • molisarmolisar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi!  Here are my recommendations.  My wedding was almost a year ago in Lake Geneva.

Florist - Pesches.  They did everything so beautifully and it was EXACTLY what I wanted.  They are also very affordable.

Photographer - Ideal Impressions Photography.  The best decision I've ever made!  They were so creative and so efficient.  I love my slideshow and photos so much.

Videographer - Ideal Impressions also did it and put together the most beautiful video (you can see it in my blog).

DJ: B.B.'s Best out of Burlington is good.  Medley's in Motion (out of Nothern Illinois) is AMAZING!

We had our rehearsal at Gordy's in Fontana.  They have a private upper room with gorgeous views of the lake. 

My Furbaby Baxter Photobucket
  • alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I have for now is a florist reccomendation. Judy's Florist out of Harvard Illinois (appx. 30 mins from LG on main roads) is wonderfully refreshing. I am going through her for my floral over Peshes, Sentry, and others in the area.

I'll tell you my worked quote so you can compare: (depends on how many flowers and what type, I am going with the minimum and white roses)

Boutineres: $4
    Corsages: $8
    Bouquets (Bms and toss) $15-$30
    My bouquet (Cascading) $50-$70

I didnt ask about centerpieces or anything, just a quideline for help.
  • edited December 2011
    i am getting married in Lake Genva at Geneva National.
    I am working with Polly of Polly's Petals, she is great, works out of her home and only will do one wedding a day!
    We hired Medley's in Motion, they are a bit expensive but i think we will be so happy with them, Greg (owner/DJ) seems awesome!

We are using Michelle Martin photography 2 photographers for the price of one and her work is beautiful!!
  • edited December 2011
    K&M Photography is in Burlington (20 min from LG) and they have a wide range of package prices.
  • kerianne36kerianne36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Planning my wedding in Lake Geneva for next July :)

I'll be having my rehearsal dinner @ Geno's East Pizzaria! Used to be Maxx's Road house. They have fantastic deep dish pizza, party trays, and other catering options for larger parties but still casual!

Also I have heard amazing things about Ideal Impressions... they were recommended to me by my caterer but I haven't gotten that far yet :)

• edited December 2011
    Pesches florist is great. Light Source Photography is amazing they have a southern manners to them, amazing. We used them after my friend Alli used them. Haven't disappointed yet!

Pesches is easy to find.
    Light Source - email cathleenwarren00@yahoo.com
  • grace0831grace0831 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great photographer & beautiful albums/books.... Very reasonably priced & easy to work with www.MBerelcPhotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards