Florida-Central Florida

Wedding Venue Ideas Please

I feel so overwelmed with picking a venue.  Does anyone have any great suggestions????

Re: Wedding Venue Ideas Please

• What area are you looking for? I'm getting married at the Postcard Inn in St. Pete.
  • We are getting married at the Polanski sculpture gardens in winter park with a reception at maison & Jardin in altamonte. Our #1 ok was cypress grove, but with the larger wedding we are planning there is no inside alternative.
  • For a small unique wedding try the Rix Lounge at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Much, Much more reasonable than you would expect. Great place. Our wedding will be there on June 1st!
  • My daughter is using Highland Manor.....we consider mason Jardin, also..... Loved the history center and the art museum
  • Paradise Cove in Orlando

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_wedding-venue-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:7140f39b-aa3e-4c74-9482-ccecb968df72Post:5ec3f5b1-c01f-4dcc-9622-a593fdf1d8a6">Wedding Venue Ideas Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel so overwelmed with picking a venue.  Does anyone have any great suggestions????
    Posted by AshleyMatt2014[/QUOTE]
  • The Winter Park Farmers Market...........So Beautiful in the evening!  I hung candles in glass vases on all the outdoor trees... so pretty!  Good luck with your search! I

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_wedding-venue-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:7140f39b-aa3e-4c74-9482-ccecb968df72Post:3aa30a74-57c0-4917-8a68-97e1cf1a7d64">Re: Wedding Venue Ideas Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paradise Cove in Orlando In Response to Wedding Venue Ideas Please :
    Posted by bstibila[/QUOTE]
  • For Orlando so far I have been by: 

(1) Cypress Grove Estate - Its a beautiful location on the water but if it rains you are out of luck because there is not a good inside alternative. I didn't want the entire reception outside. 

(2) Farmers Markert in Winter Park - Would be good for a rustic or country themed wedding but the outside of the building didn't seem that nice. 

(3) Courtyard at Lake Lucerne (downtown) - Beautiful old home but if you have a party over about 60 then your guests are split up in to different rooms and I wanted everyone in one location. Plus, it is right next to the over pass and you hear traffic especially if you do the ceremony there. 

(4) Windermere Town Hall - Very cute and pretty but its very small. Probably less than 100 guests could be packed in. 

(5) Windermere Country Club - Very nice location on a pretty golf course. Its a little pricey. They quoted me at $10,000 for around 100 guests. This includes food so its not too bad but still a little more then we wanted. 

We are going by the History Center (downtown) and the Dubsdread Ballroom this weekend. Hopefully we like those. 

Does anyone know of something in the Winter Park or Windermere area that ive missed? 
  • The art museum is cool too
  • Cypress Grove Estate House! You can get married at the Estate House and then have the reception at the cottage house down the road! (That is, if you're having a small wedding.) It is much cheaper and you can bring in your own caterer! They also provide the tables and chairs!

• The Veranda Thornton Park is really nice! That's where we are having ours. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards