Kentucky-Louisville

HALP! Wedding Venue/Ceremony location.

I'm cutting it close and I could really use help before I pull my hair out.
I have my wedding date set for the end of January and we have no ceremony or reception site.

Our problem is that my fiance's father wants to cater our wedding (he does this for work all the time so no worries there) but of course most places in louisville won't let you use outside catering.

I need an indoor venue (January wedding) that can hold 150 people. Preferrably around $1500-- I'm on a tight budget. We'd like to have the ceremony and reception in the same place if possible.

However if anyone knows of a church that doesn't have tight rules on music played during the ceremony (my music is instrumental but I don't want to use the basic bridal march, etc) or ceremony length (we want like a 15 minute ceremony lol) that would be great too.

I looked at mellwood but to be honest my fiance wasn't thrilled with the room that was the proper size. Calumet club is really nice but a bit over our budget.

Re: HALP! Wedding Venue/Ceremony location.

• Angelg3737Angelg3737 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check into either Shall we dance (anchorage ballroom) or Sawyer hayes community center. They both are good. I would have picked the sawyer hayes community center myself but it was too small, but it is perfect for your number, I believe it holds 192.
  • annamhisleannamhisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the small room at Mellwood! It's the perfect blank canvas to decorate :) I'm having only 90 or so people at my wedding so it's the perfect size. Good Luck!
  • MegsamillionMegsamillion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Sawyer/Hayes center. Great place!! - If you haven't booked you DJ yet, check out Odyssey Mobile Entertainment. They are fantastic and the price is right.
  • edited December 2011
    Kaden tower Nice think its 1000 and you can use your own vendors

• britt2488britt2488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Old Medical School Building downtown lets you use your own vendors. I believe they are $1200 or close to that. Definitely would hold enough people. Good luck!
  • crazygirl4134crazygirl4134 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check the Nunnlea house. It's a beautiful historic home and you can get the house and ground for $850 for the entire day. The is a $300 deposit too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards