Second Weddings
Options

2nd Wedding, fun destination wedding in Ohio or Michigan, any expereince

This is my second wedding, his first.  We hope to have a fun destination wedding without a far travel from our home town.  Looking in Ohio and Michigan, does anyone have any experience or suggestions?  We hoping to rent a large Lake house, have a small ceremony on the lake or at a chapel.  Ideally I'm looking to have a fun vacation for our family and friends and there happens to be a 20 minute wedding ceremony.

Amy

Re: 2nd Wedding, fun destination wedding in Ohio or Michigan, any expereince

• Options
    Welcome Amy.  I have no clue about your locale, have you tried lurking & posting on the boards local to those areas?
  • Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Amy!

The local boards will have many other suggestions for you I'm sure, but maybe Put In Bay, OH? I haven't ben there since childhood, but it might fit the bill.

good luck and happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome Amy!

In Michigan, I'd recommend anything near St Clair Shores in suburban Detroit, there's also downriver area (closer to Toledo), there is probably something near Toledo as well, and I understand Put in Bay in Ohio is lovely, but I've never been.

You also might want to check into Cedar Point in Sandusky, which is a really fun amusement park, they may have something formalized for weddings on the water.

Frankenmuth, which is an adorable small town about an hour north of Detroit has lovely restaurants and hotels with wedding packages.........it's on a river though, not a lake.

Mackinac Island may be too far, as it's 5 hrs north of Detroit and not near any larger airports. Same thing with western Michigan, at least 4 hrs west from Detroit.

I did a google map and there are some large state parks near Cincinatti with lakes, maybe something there?

Your best bet will be to ask around your local board, or the local board for the areas you are interested in, ie Northwest Ohio, maybe even the Louisville area which is near the river.

Also, check into Midwest Living magazine's website, they always have information regarding the areas near lakes: http://www.midwestliving.com/
    This specifically has locations on the Lake Erie shore:
    http://www.midwestliving.com/travel/destination/ohio/lake-erie-shore-attractions/

Good luck.
  • Options
    You should take a look at Mohican, there is a state resort right on the lake, or if you have a tight budget Mohican Adventures has a pond and very nice cabins and it is part of a large activity area including putt-putt canoeing and paddle boats. I'm getting married there on May 19th, 2012 and we have a $4000 budget for 200 people and it is a great fit for us. Just give Kari Dudte a call she is amazing, she is the planner lady there and is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards