Georgia-Savannah

Wedding Favor/gift basket?? Locals advice? Non Locals advice?

We are having a destination Savannah wedding and we were thinking of doing little gift baskets for the people coming. Now I was think of doing per couple and of course for solos as well, we are footing the bill ourselves so I can not go super expensive. Can any locals or non locals throw any ideas my way. We will be getting there several days early so I can go around and pick up things from stores around town as well. Thank you so much for any help!

Re: Wedding Favor/gift basket?? Locals advice? Non Locals advice?

• i say do local honey or snacks.  peaches will be in season.  they can eat on them while at hotel. 
  • WHy honey is that a Savannah thing?
  • im sure it is.  and it was first thing i thought of.  im doing a destination wedding in GA as well. 
  • There are quite a few local honey producers.  The Savannah Bee Company has several stores around town.  You can find sample sizes of several of their honies to include in the bags.  Davis Produce and Polk's Produce stands have great GA peaches from now to about August.  You can go to the Visitor's Center and grab maps and brochures to include in the bags.  Other local shops where you may find items are Byrd Cookie Company, Two Smart Cookies, The Peanut Shop, Savannah Candy Kitchen and River Street Sweets.  Both candy places make fresh salt water taffy and fresh pralines with GA pecans.  They also make peanut brittle.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for the ideas!!! Such a good idea for the sweets :)
  • Oh girl...go to Riverstreet Sweets and get some pralines!! That's Savannah all the way. They also have some awesome taffy. There's also Byrd Cookie Company and they actually have tins of cookies with Savannah's landscapes. This might get a little expensive, but if you go in a talk to them they might have some sort of deals for brides. You can check out their website http://www.byrdcookiecompany.com/. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you don't want to spend a ton, I've seen some brides create favor bags using small, natural colored gift bags, filled with glass bottles of Coca-Cola, moon pies, and small bags of in the shell peanuts.  Embellish the bags with a cute gift tag and ribbon.  Super cute and inexpensive.

For my wedding, I only have four hospitality baskets to make.  I purchased small baskets from the $1 store, natural colored basket filler (also from the $1 store), maps of Tybee / Savannah area (from Tybee Island Visitor Center - $0), cute, beach-inspired plaques from the $1 section of Target, and then will add a bottle of Flip Flop wine ($6 - $7 each), and a small bag of pralines from Riverstreet Sweets.  

Don't be afraid to use $1 store finds for all the little stuff.   Once you pull it all together, it looks FANTASTIC! 
  • Thank yall so much this helps a ton!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards